Trade Gallup

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Cooper is not better than Gallup at $20M per season, the return is not there.
Gallup will be in that same price range at the end of next season.

We are not winning it all this season.

We could use an extra first round pick.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because of the contract, the cap hit we would take makes it almost impossible.

His contract means only a team that is in "win now" mode would consider it.

His market value is lower than Gallups.
Maybe I'm not clear on the cap, but couldn't the new team take on the contract and cap hit?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I'm not for it, but its not the crazy idea that people are making it out to be. If you can really get a 1st+ more you cant rule it out. This team has to think outside the box if they want to improve, especially on defense.
Exactly my point.

Yes, it wouldn't be popular, but Gallup looks like the best eligible person on the entire WR market right now.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I agree we cash out on him now we can get some picks for him. But trading him is giving up on the 2020 season. Maybe Dalton can do something who knows.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not clear on the cap, but couldn't the new team take on the contract and cap hit?
I think we would still be hit with about $20mn in cap hit next year...

and teams have traded a 2nd round pick to clear up $15mn of cap space (Osweiler trade to Browns)...

Gallup's contract makes him way more valuable in a trade than Cooper.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I agree we cash out on him now we can get some picks for him. But trading him is giving up on the 2020 season. Maybe Dalton can do something who knows.
That I agree with.

and I am still willing to make the trade.

We might win the NFCE but we won't make it far in the playoffs.

Adreme

Reaction score
I have praised him as the most clutch WR in the NFL.

He is elite. He has the ability to be a true #1 WR.....

but we have Cooper, who despite a less flashy style, is the best finesse WR in the game.

We have Lamb. Enough said on him. He's a legit #1 talent.

We have Wilson, who has emerged as a great weapon.

We don't need this embarrassment of wealth at WR given the injury to Dak.

I believe Gallup could fetch a 1st at worst, and I think a 1st & 3rd is very possible.

Who is trading a 1st for Gallop? I do not think you get more than a 3rd total. Right now there are a TON of great young WRs in the NFL and there is another top-tier draft class of them coming up. We already saw how last years draft class devalued the position in free agency and another great draft class is just going to do the same. Basically unless you are one of the top 3-4 WRs no one is going to trade a 1st for you.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Who is trading a 1st for Gallop? I do not think you get more than a 3rd total. Right now there are a TON of great young WRs in the NFL and there is another top-tier draft class of them coming up. We already saw how last years draft class devalued the position in free agency and another great draft class is just going to do the same. Basically unless you are one of the top 3-4 WRs no one is going to trade a 1st for you.
Philly, is the answer.

They need a deep threat WR.

Gallup is quickly emerging as the best in the game.

A 3rd? His contract and play on the field would mean at absolute minimum you're getting a 2nd.... I wouldn't pull the trigger for a 2nd....

There is a team willing to pay a 1st... It's the Eagles... a few others might consider it too.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I have praised him as the most clutch WR in the NFL.

He is elite. He has the ability to be a true #1 WR.....

but we have Cooper, who despite a less flashy style, is the best finesse WR in the game.

We have Lamb. Enough said on him. He's a legit #1 talent.

We have Wilson, who has emerged as a great weapon.

We don't need this embarrassment of wealth at WR given the injury to Dak.

I believe Gallup could fetch a 1st at worst, and I think a 1st & 3rd is very possible.

NO.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You guys need to stop with these stupid trades. You aren't going to get value you in return so don't just trade a guy just to trade him.

If the Cowboys do this right.....they sign Gallup and do whatever they have to do with Coopers contract. Gallup isn't the one you get rid of. And I like Cooper but Gallup will be cheaper and is younger.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
You guys need to stop with these stupid trades. You aren't going to get value you in return so don't just trade a guy just to trade him.

If the Cowboys do this right.....they sign Gallup and do whatever they have to do with Coopers contract. Gallup isn't the one you get rid of. And I like Cooper but Gallup will be cheaper and is younger.
Bro this isn't Madden.

They are entirely different types of WR.

Cooper is the #1 finesse WR in football.

Gallup is emerging as a top deep threat.

Finesse WRs can play until their mid 30s.

Deep threats don't make it to 30.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Thats my heaitation as well, do wrs have trade value? Hopkins brought back an underwhelming return last offseason. Could gallup bring more?

If so I'd pull the trigger on a 1st round pick. Anything less probably not.

erod

Reaction score

Dallas could get a first for Gallup. No doubt. And you can sign him and Lamb if you pay Dak big money, so what are your choices?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Thats my heaitation as well, do wrs have trade value? Hopkins brought back an underwhelming return last offseason. Could gallup bring more?

If so I'd pull the trigger on a 1st round pick. Anything less probably not.
That is my point in its entirety.

and I think that a 1st is definitely doable.