Trade Ideas

glassjaw

Reaction score
Heard that Brian Kelly the corner in Tampa is upset about and is not attending offseason workouts as a protest. He was being offered in the trade to Detroit to go up to #2.

I know Tampa has Gaines Adams and Simeon Rice but would anyone trade Greg Ellis for Kelly assuming of course Ellis can pass a physical for Tampa. He would provide a nice vet presence for the Bucs.

Also, the Michael Turner to Titans deal seems dead. Anyone for JJ to the Titans for their 2nd or 3rd next year??? An extra early pick would enable us to move around in the first round next year without using Cleveland's pick at all.

We could manuever into having two high picks in round one. There are lots of nice receivers and running backs potentially available.

McFadden, Ray Rice, Felix Jones (some say he is better that his teammate, McFadden) Steve Slaton, and Mike Hart at running back.

Desean Jackson, Marcus Monk, Mario Manningham, Early Doucett, and the Urrutia kid at Louisville are a few intriguing WR prospects

If played correctly Dallas could acquire a top back and WR next year.

hendog

Reaction score
You give me any combo of

McFadden, Ray Rice or Slaten

coupled with

Desean Jackson,Manningham, Limas sweed, or Doucet and I will be tickled.

cowboysafty

Reaction score
i say get ride of jj and pic up McFadden next year he would be a good pic to add to any team but dallas could use him

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The question is not if we would trade Ellis but would anyone trade for him coming off an injury.

BigDave95

Reaction score
glassjaw;1481286 said:
Felix Jones (some say he is better that his teammate, McFadden)

Well then "some" are absolute idiots. Felix is a nice player but McFadden will be a better pro by a mile.

DMac is the between the tackles runner while Felix just runs sweeps to the outside. Felix puts up some gaudy yards per carry numbers but he'll have a tough time holding up in the NFL. McFadden on the other hand will be a Pro Bowler for years.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
glassjaw;1481286 said:
We could manuever into having two high picks in round one. There are lots of nice receivers and running backs potentially available.

... If played correctly Dallas could acquire a top back and WR next year.

So pretty much you want the team to sell of talent and tank so that we have a chance for better players in next year's draft?

sago1

Reaction score
Whose going to replace Jones? No way can Barber carry the whole load and frankly I hope we get another running back who can replace T.Thompson. He's shown nothing but straight ahead speed since he's been here and still doesn't understand how to block when blitz is coming.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
sago1;1481651 said:
Whose going to replace Jones? No way can Barber carry the whole load and frankly I hope we get another running back who can replace T.Thompson. He's shown nothing but straight ahead speed since he's been here and still doesn't understand how to block when blitz is coming.

Jackie Battle might take his spot.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
I would trade Ellis and Bradie James in a heart beat and I really like Greg Ellis. I wish we could have traded them both when Seattle traded their back up TE for a 4th rounder.

glassjaw

Reaction score
Uhhhh no. I would hope and expect Dallas' own pick to be a low 1st and Cleveland's to a high pick. I was only suggesting that if we could add another 2 or 3 it would make it possible to take Dallas' own pick to move up in round one if necessary.

Besides, I only started this thread to discuss possiblilities not that I really think it is necessary. Jeez...