Trade Lamb and burn it down now

visionary

Reaction score
Get him out of here while we can get something for him....he is a 2 1/2 at best on a team with a great WR corp. We need to burn this thing to the ground at HC, OC, and QB ASAP....we need an ENTIRE new WR corp....the only persons I hold onto is maybe Dennis Houston and Jake Ferguson, because they are cheap and have an upside. The WR corp we went into the season with was NEVER going to take us to the next level, no matter how well Dak played....they are garbage...Lamb included!!! And don't ask me how we are supposed to get rid of Dak ASAP....I'm not the GM with the fatheaded son, and Arkansas fun baby....let him figure it the hell out.

Lamb would be a number 1 with a competent HC/OC/QB

if we draft a rookie QB he will need WRs abd we’re not going to get value for him
I’ll keep Lamb

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb would be a number 1 with a competent HC/OC/QB

if we draft a rookie QB he will need WRs abd we’re not going to get value for him
I’ll keep Lamb

Few think so which is why he plummeted on draft day. He doesn't have that speed to stretch the field and he's not a big body. We got to see Julio Jones last night whom we could have signed for a pittance in the offseason. Thats what a #1 WR looks like. Tampa actually has 3 of them.

Now I do think CD is better than what we saw last night. The key to his success is getting him the ball with room to run. The zone last night did not allow him any space and he's not fast enough to get over the top of it.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
BTW, I'm going after Tyler Huntley now....if anyone saw him play last year against Green Bay, you can CLEARLY see that he is better than Dak....the dude is good.
Are you willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd for him?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Get him out of here while we can get something for him....he is a 2 1/2 at best on a team with a great WR corp. We need to burn this thing to the ground at HC, OC, and QB ASAP....we need an ENTIRE new WR corp....the only persons I hold onto is maybe Dennis Houston and Jake Ferguson, because they are cheap and have an upside. The WR corp we went into the season with was NEVER going to take us to the next level, no matter how well Dak played....they are garbage...Lamb included!!! And don't ask me how we are supposed to get rid of Dak ASAP....I'm not the GM with the fatheaded son, and Arkansas fun baby....let him figure it the hell out.
After watching the crap show last night, there is NO WAY in HELL anybody playing on the offense side of the ball getting a long term contract in the next FEW years! CeeDee is a three at best and there isn't one TE on this team that deserves a long-term MEGA LOTTO contract.....................

jrumann59

Reaction score
Ceedee Lamb was selected with the #17 overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft and to date has acquired the following stats:

28 games 242 targets 155 receptions 2,066 yards 13.3 ypc 11 td's 64% catch % 16 drops (6.6% drop %) 19 rushes 158 yards 1 td 2 fumbles

Justin Jefferson was selected with the #22 overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft and to date has acquired the following stats:

32 games 303 targets 205 receptions 3,200 yards 15.6 ypc 19 td's 67.7% catch % 9 drops (3% drop %) 7 rushes 16 yards 2 fumbles

So the question becomes is Jefferson simply the better WR or is it that Jefferson has a better QB that throws to him?
People hate Cousins here but Cousins is a better overall passer, the system allows him to do what he does well, I think Dak is more talented overall but he does not use it for whatever reason, if there is one thing Dak needs is better pocket presence and understanding of why a blind side defender allowed a free run and he holds onto the ball either because his read was wrong or he tries to get too cute.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
What could we get for Lamb? Another 5th? I don't think we could get anything for anyone on our offense.

CoachD

Reaction score
Just for the record the guy is not that good, drops way too many passes and never gets deep but good luck being a number one receiver on a team with a bunch of threes and fours.

lk8701

Reaction score

I'm tired of guys who haven't won anything getting star treatment. That 88 club commercial doesn't make sense. Only Pearson and Irvin have rings.

darealvelle

Reaction score
I am done with Cee Dee. He is no 88. Body mannerisms all beta. Did nothing to try to rally the team up but moan.

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm tired of guys who haven't won anything getting star treatment. That 88 club commercial doesn't make sense. Only Pearson and Irvin have rings.

Here in the zone its only about rings if they dont like the player, if they like the player then it was someone elses fault they didnt win....its funny because all the players since 1997 have a real anchor that wieghed them down..the anchor is still here and is now joined by his children anchors...

GINeric

Reaction score
BTW, I'm going after Tyler Huntley now....if anyone saw him play last year against Green Bay, you can CLEARLY see that he is better than Dak....the dude is good.

Aye I would love to bring him in here if he's better than Dak!!!

But here's the problem... if he's so much better than Dak, then what's the reason he's never received a max contract and why would this good quarterback be available if he's that good???

kskboys

Reaction score
I think CeeDee can be a #1 but they went about it all the wrong way, they made him de facto #1 by suddenly trading cooper. Personally another year under Cooper would have done him some good.
Unfortunately, Jerry put his eggs in that "I think" basket.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not sure what might have gone wrong with the guy we thought we had in CeeDee!
He can't seem to get separation but even if he does, he mishandles the ball. :huh:

For whatever reason, he appears to handle playing the slot better than the outside.
That is almost word for word what his scouting report said.