Trade possibility: Chris Jones > Jamal Adams

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I will take Chris Jones over Jamal Adams 24/7 and not blink for an eternity.

This move would make this defense top 5 and allow to keep 4-3 but have flexibility to play 3-4 per matchup and scheme. Best option for this roster.

I would give up following picks: 1st, 3rd & 4th for next year.

Of course MSSTATE is the premiere DL university and the track record speaks for itself.
Fletcher Cox SB champ:dance:
Chris Jones SB champ :dance:
Kyle Love
Jeffrey Simmons
Preston Smith
Montez Sweat
Pernell McPhee

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Give it a rest...... This current team looks pretty dam good from where I’m sitting. The only question mark is Dak. Who knows where his head will be if he doesn’t get his 4 yr contact. I hope JJ stands his ground, it’s either 5 yrs or Super Bowl or bust.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will this rumor squelch the Adams trades threads? If so, let the debates begin. Though they do not need to give another player $20 million. But it will be something different to debate.
:laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give it a rest...... This current team looks pretty dam good from where I’m sitting. The only question mark is Dak. Who knows where his head will be if he doesn’t get his 4 yr contact. I hope JJ stands his ground, it’s either 5 yrs or Super Bowl or bust.

Agree, give it a rest. Need to see where this team is during TC.

However, I think Dak will be just fine if no contract is worked out. He has his head on straight. Nothing seem to bother him. He played last year instead of a deal, to prove himself. I think for the most part he did that. Still some questions, yes. So he will play on the tag very well, and has the confidence to prove himself again.

And I am fine if he plays on the tag, as I will be fine if he signs a 4 or 5 year deal.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak will sign 5 years but wants unreasonable money for the 5th year. His agent is saying 45 million for the 5th year. He is doing it for 2 reasons. He thinks thats where the market value will be in 5 years and he wants JJ to get back to the table after 4 years so not to pay the 45 for that year. Or so JJ will drop the 5th year. Well that’s 3 reasons. Lol.

J12B

Reaction score
Our best chances of improving the roster is signing Clowney.

1% of a possibility, but there is a chance!

Reactions: BAT

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I thought Chris Jones was the DT version of Quinn (bad against the run)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
Agree, give it a rest. Need to see where this team is during TC.

However, I think Dak will be just fine if no contract is worked out. He has his head on straight. Nothing seem to bother him. He played last year instead of a deal, to prove himself. I think for the most part he did that. Still some questions, yes. So he will play on the tag very well, and has the confidence to prove himself again.

And I am fine if he plays on the tag, as I will be fine if he signs a 4 or 5 year deal.
Why in the world would you turn this into a Dak discussion? Holy toilet water!!!!!!

Edit: Apologies, Jazzy, wasn't you.

kskboys

Reaction score
There it is. What in the world possessed you to make this about Dak? Truly, I don't get it.

Proof

Reaction score
I will take Chris Jones over Jamal Adams 24/7 and not blink for an eternity.

This move would make this defense top 5 and allow to keep 4-3 but have flexibility to play 3-4 per matchup and scheme. Best option for this roster.

Of course MSSTATE is the premiere DL university and the track record speaks for itself.
Fletcher Cox SB champ:dance:
Chris Jones SB champ :dance:
Kyle Love
Jeffrey Simmons
Preston Smith
Montez Sweat
Pernell McPhee

he's a stud. he'll also cost >100 mil. Jamal will probably cost 60. neither is a realistic option at this time, but if w ewere to move on one, it would probably be the cheaper option, with the vocalized desire to play here.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak 35
Zeke 15
Coop 20
DLaw 20
Jaylon 12
Zack 14
Tyron 12
Lael 10

= 138 mil
Soooooooooooooooooooo, how we gonna pay anyone else? Chris Jones wants 20 mil/season. Got any ideas how to fit him under the cap?

Proof

Reaction score
Dak will sign 5 years but wants unreasonable money for the 5th year. His agent is saying 45 million for the 5th year. He is doing it for 2 reasons. He thinks thats where the market value will be in 5 years and he wants JJ to get back to the table after 4 years so not to pay the 45 for that year. Or so JJ will drop the 5th year. Well that’s 3 reasons. Lol.

it's for one reason. to force the 4 yr deal.

Proof

Reaction score

shut up

Williamsboys

Reaction score
For the Jets to acquire Chris Jones they would have to give up more than Adams..The Chiefs need to pay this stud.

fivetwos

Reaction score
We have a nice mix of vets and youngsters at DT.

Same cant be said at the safety position.

Jones would be crazy expensive to acquire.

He definitely makes us BETTER, but by how much?

Look at the baseball WAR stat. Wins above replacement. Crap, I know, but while Jones is miles better than who he would replace, not by the same margin of the upgrade that Jones would be over Woods.