Trade possibility: Chris Jones > Jamal Adams

conner01

Reaction score
I thought whole point of not paying Dak top dollar was to get players like Jones otherwise it’s pointless argument by this whole forum.
Jones doesn’t play QB
Kinda need a QB
Besides that we are paying dak
Atleast this year and I suspect much longer
But this year for sure

conner01

Reaction score
I think fans need to get past this fascination of trading top picks for players you then have to pay top money
That’s not how you build a team

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Agree, give it a rest. Need to see where this team is during TC.

However, I think Dak will be just fine if no contract is worked out. He has his head on straight. Nothing seem to bother him. He played last year instead of a deal, to prove himself. I think for the most part he did that. Still some questions, yes. So he will play on the tag very well, and has the confidence to prove himself again.

And I am fine if he plays on the tag, as I will be fine if he signs a 4 or 5 year deal.
We finished 8-8!!! Dak was straight up lousy against above average teams and double digit dogs and you're saying NOTHING get's in his head?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I think you need to dive deeper into what you're arguing for/against and look at the entire league.
We saw the ceiling on Dak Prescott in 2019, all stats no QUALITY WINS, how's that for getting deeper????? NO QUALITY WINS...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We saw the ceiling on Dak Prescott in 2019, all stats no QUALITY WINS, how's that for getting deeper????? NO QUALITY WINS...
Very deep of you. I'll leave you to your whatever.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
We all want more but there is a reality you have to understand
We aren’t in a position to trade top picks and pay top contracts for more toys

We don't need additional toys, we're pretty stacked. What we do need is a QB who can get us some QUALITY WINS..... Unfortunately, he have a QB who had GREAT PERSONAL stats, but no quality wins. Not sure how JJ is going to fix this, but it's not going to happen giving out large sums of cash to 4th rd picks.

quickccc

Reaction score
Chiefs caught a huge break with drafting Chris Jones in the 2nd round.
A hindsight re-draft and i'll betcha Chris Jones goes in the top 3-5 overall his draft class year.

He's one of those big breaks finds in the draft without having to spend a first rounder on an impact DT
that i'd hope we eventually discover with the DT searches we keep going through.
3rd rounder Neville Gallimore will be the latest.

Chiefs will re-sign him eventually, this is the usual contract strategics. He'll become one of the highest
paid defensive players in the NFL. Be interested to see what the team cap structure will allow them that.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Just when are fans going to stop thinking they are all world scouts and GM's. Thinking nothing about trading away THREE draft picks including the Cowboys 1st for a player on a franchise tag with no guarantee of getting him signed beyond this season. So it could end up trading THREE draft picks including that 1st round pick for ONE season of play. Please let the professionals worry about scouting and being GM.