Trade Scenario: Every member of the Dallas Cowboys for Howie Roseman

lk8701

Reaction score
I would trade every member of the Dallas Cowboys(Owner, front office, coaching staff, and players) straight up for Howie Roseman. Roseman with an expansion roster would win a Super Bowl before the current Cowboys. Roseman has only been in full control of the Eagles for 2 years. Before that Andy Reid then Chip Kelly had the real power in making personnel decisions.

lk8701

Reaction score
I wonder how many times Roseman looks at his roster and says “we like our guys!”

The amount of significant transactions (trades for key players + key free agent signings) that Roseman has made within a brief time period is almost unprecedented. He is playing "Madden" with the rest of the NFL and he is dominating. Roseman might be the most innovative GM in NFL history.

GenoT

Reaction score
As long as Jerry Jones has final say-so regarding all things Cowboys...NO ROSEMAN FOR YOU!!?!

“From the jocks to the socks.”

lk8701

Reaction score
The thing is Roseman is the hot GM ... They could just as easily miss the playoffs this year.

They won the Super Bowl last year without their starting QB, LT, and MLB. All 22 starters might have to get injured for them to miss the playoffs this year.

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
I would trade every member of the Dallas Cowboys(Owner, front office, coaching staff, and players) straight up for Howie Roseman. Roseman with an expansion roster would win a Super Bowl before the current Cowboys. Roseman has only been in full control of the Eagles for 2 years. Before that Andy Reid then Chip Kelly had the real power in making personnel decisions.

Roseman is genius working trades and salary cap. Never was a good talent evaluator. I (and a lot of people who follow the Eagles) give more credit to Joe Douglas for talent evaluation.

While Roseman was in exodus from the Eagles he consulted with successful GMs and other FO personnel from around the NFL, and all the other sports learning how to build a successful roster. Looked in the mirror and grew personally as he realized he rubbed people the wrong way.

The roster rebuild was done out of necessity after Kelly ran off most of the corps of the team and brought in pieces that didn't fit. It wound up putting us up against the cap bringing in new players via FA and moving on from players after the first year of their contracts. We had to eat a lot of real money and dead money to unload the Murray and Maxwell contracts.

It seems we're in a position now to draft a year or 2 ahead to have players ready to take over from the vets 2 and 3 years down the line.