Trade that 10th pick?

fansince68

Reaction score
There are 13 teams with cap problems which means some of them will have to part ways with some players and among those players might be some young, in their 1st contract, D players that are better than what they can get at that 10 spot.

Teams that have to let players walk are in need of young affordable talent, just what that 10th pick could bring them.

The Cowboys are a D or F in FA and C in the draft but they've been an A in trades for players with Cooper and Quinn. I'd say they got more than the 1st pick value with Cooper.

They need immediate help on that D and bringing in a proven player with experience might just be the ticket.

I was going to add Lamb to this as prime trade bait for players or picks but I know how much some of you love him so.

They need to jump start the D build out and I see this as a better path to do that. What say you?
Why not Gallop as trade bait? His rookie contract is up soon and we know he will want to get paid. We cant afford two max contracts WR.

RamziD

Reaction score
Trading CeeDee is not even good conversation material. It’s just plain stupid.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
If Surtain, Farley, or Parsons are there at 10 it would be hard to pass one up. Based on the heavy weighting of top offensive talent I would be surprised if one isn't.

I certainly wouldn't want to trade the pick for a soon expiring contract as we would have to pay them. However, I would be open to trading back and pick up extra picks like an extra 3rd or 2nd rounder. Who knows how limited visits/workouts will be with prospect so having more picks this year may be extra beneficial if you don't have as much of a chance to fully scout players.

cnuball21

Reaction score
There are 13 teams with cap problems which means some of them will have to part ways with some players and among those players might be some young, in their 1st contract, D players that are better than what they can get at that 10 spot.

Teams that have to let players walk are in need of young affordable talent, just what that 10th pick could bring them.

The Cowboys are a D or F in FA and C in the draft but they've been an A in trades for players with Cooper and Quinn. I'd say they got more than the 1st pick value with Cooper.

They need immediate help on that D and bringing in a proven player with experience might just be the ticket.

I was going to add Lamb to this as prime trade bait for players or picks but I know how much some of you love him so.

They need to jump start the D build out and I see this as a better path to do that. What say you?

Part of the beauty of a top 10 pick is the price tag associated with the talent.

Hard pass. Pay Dak and try to add a few pieces to the D in FA/draft.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Well we could’ve gave up our #1 pick for Minkah Fitzpatrick like Pittsburgh did..

So would you rather have Minka or CeeDee?

I still would prefer Ceedee since he is cheap for five years while OTOH you have to pay Minkah sooner. Although Minkah would be perfect to be a safety for the cover 3. Making a move like that is a once in 4-5 year thing imo. You can't keep trading high picks for players you have to pay. We can't even afford our own players we should be keeping.

calicowboy54

Reaction score

Honestly it all depends on who falls, I think if you get a QB that falls you can look at 12 (SF), 15 (NE) & 19 (WFT) as trading spots...

if you could net a 1st & 2nd in this draft that would be awesome but i think your looking more at a 1,3 & next year 2 etc... Either way i think we get more capital.

As far as trading a player away, Amari is still needed as result his totals and what he did in games. I hate his contract but its voidable in a few years. Trading Lamb is a terrible idea IMO, he's going to be your Number 1 in 5 years. I think if we are looking at trading a WR you look at Gallup trying to net a 2nd or 3rd rounder. You can use Willson in that fly pattern roll.

if you get WFT to give you a ransom for someone i think you take it, and draft BPA on defensive side of the ball. there will be good players from 12 - 19 and you could net another pick in same range in 2nd so you come out with 4 Solid to Above average starters. I think that is needed over a SuperStar player at 10 that will want to be paid like one in 5 years.. Not to mention hit rate on Blue Chip players in top 10 has not been good. so better to get multiple good players that if one fails and you hit on others you feel the sing less. we all remember Claiborne and how that stung when it did not work.

J-man

Reaction score
It's clearly a wait and see scenario. You have to know who's on the board and you have to know what's on the table for trade?
Is it a good up and coming young defender or is it a proven vet who will be needing a new contract soon?
Does the offer also include anything else like some good draft picks?
I'm not opposed to trading down, for the right price.
I'm also not opposed to trading for a quality player, for the right price and in the right situation.