Trade Tyron

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
He's not going anywhere. I know a lot of people fantasize about getting rid of him but barring a season ending injury, he'll remain the starting LT for this team every time he's healthy enough to play.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Is this a serious thread?
Why would it not be serious. Tyler smith can play lt. chuma at lg to finish the year. 2024 draft priorities is RB, OG, LB. I would go OG first and RB second. Depending a best available of course. Tyron is done man. This guy can’t go 25 snaps without break a nail and crying injury. He has been great. Hof great. But so was emmitt and ware and there came a time Jerry had to cut bait and he did. That time is now for Tyron.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
He's not going anywhere. I know a lot of people fantasize about getting rid of him but barring a season ending injury, he'll remain the starting LT for this team every time he's healthy enough to play.
Love Tyron and what he has meant to the team. When exactly will he be healthy enough to play?

Potenza

Reaction score
Yes, trade our best LT for pennies on the dollar.

What a bad idea.
OP has a point when you consider Tyron Smith is out AGAIN vs the Pats. The guy never plays! And when he does the holding calls are usually on him

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
OP has a point when you consider Tyron Smith is out AGAIN vs the Pats. The guy never plays! And when he does the holding calls are usually on him
No he has a really dumb point because if he "never plays" then he's not worth anything. Even if he's depth, trading him for like a 6th-round pick is dumb.

Potenza

Reaction score
No he has a really dumb point because if he "never plays" then he's not worth anything. Even if he's depth, trading him for like a 6th-round pick is dumb.
Did you know the last time Tyron Smith played a full season was 2015? He’s ruled out again vs the patriots, you noticing a trend here?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would it not be serious.
Because no one is going to trade anything for Tyron. Not even a 7th. No team will take a contact like his for a player who is unreliable and only plays a few games a year. You are right, Tyron is done. And other teams know it also.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Because no one is going to trade anything for Tyron. Not even a 7th. No team will take a contact like his for a player who is unreliable and only plays a few games a year. You are right, Tyron is done. And other teams know it also.
Right that’s why I posed the question I’m my first post. Can we get anything for him. It’s a question. The consensus seems to be no. So. Ride out this year and release him would be the correct move

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Yes, trade our best LT for pennies on the dollar.

What a bad idea.
First of all he is not the best lt. Tyler smith is the best lt when he is played there. Tyler smith was at left tackle almost all of last season and played at a near all pro level.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right that’s why I posed the question I’m my first post. Can we get anything for him. It’s a question. The consensus seems to be no. So. Ride out this year and release him would be the correct move
If he wasn't a HOF and ROH player I would cut him today.

Out of respect though, you just can't.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
If he wasn't a HOF and ROH player I would cut him today.

Out of respect though, you just can't.
Emmitt is the number one all time yards leader and guess what jerry traded him. Dware just want in the hall of fame. Guess what jerry traded him. Need I go on.