Trade up for Morris Claiborne Mock

Brooksey

Reaction score
Better man to man then Patrick Peterson? Boy would Ryan love to have a great press/man corner to free up those blitzes. If Blackmon moves into the top 5 Claiborne could be within striking distance. It would cost us but here it goes...

#6) Morris Claiborne CB (From STL) trade our #14, 81 and 2013 3 & 4th Rd picks

#45) Harrison Smith, S , Notre Dame

#135) Jonathan Massaquoi OLB Troy

#152)David Molk C, Michigan

#186) Ronald Leary G/ T Memphis

#222) Damon Harrison NT – William Penn

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
brooksey1;4527576 said:
Better man to man then Patrick Peterson? Boy would Ryan love to have a great press/man corner to free up those blitzes. If Blackmon moves into the top 5 Claiborne could be within striking distance. It would cost us but here it goes...

A 1st, two 3s, and a 4 to go from 14 to 6?

He better be Deon freaking Sanders for that price tag.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;4527619 said:
A 1st, two 3s, and a 4 to go from 14 to 6?

He better be Deon freaking Sanders for that price tag.

A bit overstated -- we are trading firsts, so not like we're giving up an extra first. So really, two 3s and a 4 -- not bad if he's actually better than Patrick Peterson. Having top quality corners are really at a premium these days, if this guy is worth what most seem to think he is, this could be worth it IMO.

cds99

Reaction score
brooksey1;4527576 said:

I like the idea of trading mike jenkins and felix together as a package and whatever what not draft picks to move up. Theres no way as a gm i would pay that

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboys2233;4527636 said:
A bit overstated -- we are trading firsts, so not like we're giving up an extra first. So really, two 3s and a 4 -- not bad if he's actually better than Patrick Peterson. Having top quality corners are really at a premium these days, if this guy is worth what most seem to think he is, this could be worth it IMO.
No, he was looking at it correctly. You're still "paying" a 1st for the player. If he was, say, a 2nd year player on another team, would you give up a 1st, two 3rds and a 4th for him? Maybe, but it's a lot to give up.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
cds99;4527637 said:
I like the idea of trading mike jenkins and felix together as a package and whatever what not draft picks to move up. Theres no way as a gm i would pay that

Yea, the only team that would allow themselves to be raped like that is the Skins.

:laugh2:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
theogt;4527641 said:
No, he was looking at it correctly. You're still "paying" a 1st for the player. If he was, say, a 2nd year player on another team, would you give up a 1st, two 3rds and a 4th for him? Maybe, but it's a lot to give up.

If you trade $5 for $3, you are not paying $5. You are paying $2.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboys2233;4527658 said:
If you trade 5$ for 3$, you are not paying $5. You are paying $2.
No, you're paying $5. And receiving $3.

In our scenario, you're paying a 1st, two 3rds, and a 4th, in order to receive one player.

Bull209

Benched
Reaction score
Jones should fire himself 20 times over, if he did something this crazy.

cds99

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;4527646 said:
Yea, the only team that would allow themselves to be raped like that is the Skins.

:laugh2:

Not really being raped. mike jenkins for claiborne, cause good chance he could walk next year anyways. And i like felix as much as the next guy but its obvious he can stay healthy and hes not something you couldnt pick up in later rounds

cowboys2233

Reaction score
theogt;4527661 said:
No, you're paying $5. And receiving $3.

In our scenario, you're paying a 1st, two 3rds, and a 4th, in order to receive one player.

Whatever. In receiving $3, you are only giving up $2. If you want to split hairs like this, be my guest. The point is, that 1st you're giving up is more than compensated for by receiving that one player.

The net loss on our part is essentially two 3rds and a 4th. And actually a little less than that since the one player is theoretically worth more than the first you gave up.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
cds99;4527680 said:
Not really being raped. mike jenkins for claiborne, cause good chance he could walk next year anyways. And i like felix as much as the next guy but its obvious he can stay healthy and hes not something you couldnt pick up in later rounds

Dude, no one is making this trade. The Eagles gave up Asante Samuel, a Pro Bowl level corner, for a 7th rounder. No one wants our castoffs. They want the opportunity to blow a draft pick themselves.

Brooksey

Reaction score
cds99;4527637 said:

Well then as a GM you would not get Morris Claiborne. That is the price we would have to pay and the trade would be considered fair value.

cds99

Reaction score
cowboys2233;4527696 said:
No one wants our castoffs.

Your right they dont. Thats why we wont be getting him. I wasnt the one who made this thread, Tell this to the guy that did.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboys2233;4527683 said:
Whatever. In receiving $3, you are only giving up $2. If you want to split hairs like this, be my guest. The point is, that 1st you're giving up is more than compensated for by receiving that one player.

The net loss on our part is essentially two 3rds and a 4th. And actually a little less than that since the one player is theoretically worth more than the first you gave up.
You're giving up $2 for nothing and you're giving up $3 for $3.

Let me try to explain this more clearly.

Before we pick Claiborne, do we have a 1st round draft pick? Yes. After we pick Claiborne, do we have a 1st round pick? No. What did we give up Claiborne? A 1st round pick.

Brooksey

Reaction score
cowboys2233;4527683 said:

The "normal" trade value to move up from 14 to 6 is two 3rd round picks and a 4th.Could Jenkins be involved somehow? Absolutely but that's not the scenario I used.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
brooksey1;4527745 said:
The "normal" trade value to move up from 14 to 6 is two 3rd round picks and a 4th.Could Jenkins be involved somehow? Absolutely but that's not the scenario I used.

Nor did I, I said nothing about Jenkins.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
brooksey1;4527576 said:

For long time now i am playing with this idea. But i only would do it by tradeing another player. Mike Jenkins is the frontrunner.

I think you should always go against the majority. This year mostly everybody wants to trade down. So to trade down will be very expensive because there are alot more who seeking a trade down then teams willing to trade up.

This year for us to trade up could be very "cheap" compared to other years.

And second we are in need of a second good CB: Because of the money invested in the CB position i dont see us signing Jenkins this or coming season. So we need a starting caliber CB. Why not take a chance here. Get rid of a player who will demand alot of money next year and get a cheap but great replacement for him.