Trade up - Okudah

JBS

Reaction score
Not for this team it wouldn't.

Which is why you are alone on this island.

Alone? I never even suggested I would make the trade lolol...maybe if you read the post, you'd have an idea

JBS

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm having Claiborne flashbacks too. Pass.

Wrong thought process..maybe right conclusion though

But yes. It's probably too costly for a team w as many needs as Dallas has

JBS

Reaction score
I'm not interested in paying what would be a huge price to move up for a corner. Any one corner.

Understandable...I'm not sure I'd do it either...

What if Simmons was available?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Understandable...I'm not sure I'd do it either...

What if Simmons was available?

Nope. If it's my decision, the only trades I consider are trading down, if the players I like are gone at #17. This team has far too many needs to be bundling picks for one player.

JBS

Reaction score
Nope. If it's my decision, the only trades I consider are trading down, if the players I like are gone at #17. This team has far too many needs to be bundling picks for one player.

I definitely agree on the needs. I think fans always just assume the trade down door is open. It's not always there. There is only a select for teams behind you that would even consider moving up..if they all say no..you have no choice but to draft

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I definitely agree on the needs. I think fans always just assume the trade down door is open. It's not always there. There is only a select for teams behind you that would even consider moving up..if they all say no..you have no choice but to draft

Yep. That’s always a possibility. I’d take McKinney if I’m stuck.

Reactions: JBS

fansince68

Reaction score
Based on the trade chart, #6 is approximately equal to the following Cowboys 2020 picks:
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
7th

Okudah is a solid, safe top 10 pick but he is not a once in 10 years type of prospect.
  • His build is a bit thin.
  • He often didn't finish tackles.
  • He only had 3 total INTs in college.
The Ricky Williams scenario. Give your entire draft for one player. Nope not for me.

reddyuta

Reaction score
nobody should trade up for a CB,we have learned that lesson already.if we had drafted Fletcher Cox in that draft we probably would have won a 6th title.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Alone? I never even suggested I would make the trade lolol...maybe if you read the post, you'd have an idea
good grief my man, why are you debating facts?
your thread is titled

Trade up - Okudah

You then lay out a scenario for Dallas to trade up for him. Everyone in this thread is saying that doesn't work and makes no sense for Dallas.
DET is VERY likely to take him wherever they trade down to. 5/6/7 makes a lot of sense.

Replacing Darius Slay with a guy under contract for 5 years is a good move for a rebuilding team.

The common sense move for DAL is sit tight and wait on a falling defender or to trade down especially if someone wants to grab the last potential starting QB in Love or if Tua's injuries have him falling there.
Any trade up is iffy at best given the finite amount of resources they are working with. A major trade up is far-fetched at best.

JBS

Reaction score
good grief my man, why are you debating facts?
your thread is titled

Trade up - Okudah

You then lay out a scenario for Dallas to trade up for him. Everyone in this thread is saying that doesn't work and makes no sense for Dallas.
DET is VERY likely to take him wherever they trade down to. 5/6/7 makes a lot of sense.

Replacing Darius Slay with a guy under contract for 5 years is a good move for a rebuilding team.

The common sense move for DAL is sit tight and wait on a falling defender or to trade down especially if someone wants to grab the last potential starting QB in Love or if Tua's injuries have him falling there.
Any trade up is iffy at best given the finite amount of resources they are working with. A major trade up is far-fetched at best.

lmao..typical blue idiot..

Its a thread created to see what people would offer, if anything in a trade up..if you READ the thread..you would have seen that..

You can go away now..Rent boy

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
If you have Okudah ranked as the third best player in the entire class, as many do..and you can get him for the true cost of 7 or 8 overall...it might be worth considering
A 1st and two 2nd s is too rich for me, for a CB.
Just my preference.

Of course, even if Detroit dropped down to 5 or 6, they aren't passing on him a second time. So we'd have to get ahead of them.

Hey, to each his own. I just don't see it as even a remote possibility.
jmo

JBS

Reaction score
A 1st and two 2nd s is too rich for me, for a CB.
Just my preference.

Of course, even if Detroit dropped down to 5 or 6, they aren't passing on him a second time. So we'd have to get ahead of them.

Hey, to each his own. I just don't see it as even a remote possibility.
jmo

I don't think it's likely either..but there is absolutely nothing that suggests Detroit is all in on Okudah..as a matter of fact, it makes plenty sense for them to trade down again

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
lmao..typical blue idiot..

Its a thread created to see what people would offer, if anything in a trade up..if you READ the thread..you would have seen that..

You can go away now..Rent boy
LOL. Are you serious right now???
A Real Madrid fan calling any team rent boys?? LOL. Much less team of academy kids.
Please lord never comment on soccer again.
Aren't you the same guy 2 years ago swearing Hazard was a mediocre player that no big club wanted?
I mean good grief I have to educate you about your own team.

The thread is dumb, DAL doesn't have assets to move up and DET could fall multiple times and still take the CB before DAL got in trade range.
Read the thread where everyone is politely telling you this is dumb.