Reaction score
I know its near trade deadline soon,

Have not heard one trade yet?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Nors;2326505 said:
I know its near trade deadline soon,

Have not heard one trade yet?

Why do people even make a big deal about midseason trades in the NFL? This isn't the NBA where schemes are alot simpler. In the NFL, it takes a good bit to learn the playbook. So if we choose to trade for Roy, Holt, or whoever, it's as if they'll be redshirted for the rest of the season trying to learn that playbook.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
Murph80;2325624 said:
No But I heard the Giants might pick up KC's TE Gonzalaz.
This is a little off topic , but speaking of KC...man are they in bad shape this year or what? Didnt they just lose a game sunday with the score 40 something to 0?

Boysboy

Reaction score
ladiewolve;2326620 said:
This is a little off topic , but speaking of KC...man are they in bad shape this year or what? Didnt they just lose a game sunday with the score 40 something to 0?

They haven't been the same since Vermeil left. Also-their OL, which was once the best in the NFL, got old. Oh-the game has passed Carl Petersen(their GM) by as well.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
ladiewolve;2326620 said:

They are terrible. They can't do anything right.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2326537 said:
Why do people even make a big deal about midseason trades in the NFL? This isn't the NBA where schemes are alot simpler. In the NFL, it takes a good bit to learn the playbook. So if we choose to trade for Roy, Holt, or whoever, it's as if they'll be redshirted for the rest of the season trying to learn that playbook.

Thank you for making my point

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Boysboy;2326537 said:
On a football forum every possible scenario is discussed or the forum isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell because the fans on it aren't aware enough of what happens in football to realize there are options. I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for a forum that refuses to discuss possibilities.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Trade deadline is real in Baseball. Lots of trades actually happen.

I too agree with the right to free discussion on trade possibilities. Albeit tempered with the fact they rarely occur.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Friday, October 11
Updated: October 13, 1:15 PM ET

Trade deadline usually results in lack of action

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

That noise you hear in the background is the clock tick-tick-ticking toward the NFL trading deadline, which arrives at 4 p.m. next Tuesday, and which again figures to produce the level of excitement commensurate to that of the Cincinnati Bengals offense.

This is not to be confused, for certain, with the incessant countdown of the famed 60 Minutes stopwatch every Sunday night. There is no sense of urgency, phone lines aren't burning up leaguewide, and once again old-fashioned wheelin' and dealin' will go the way of the single wing and the flying wedge.

Want to set an over-and-under benchmark on how many deals are actually consummated on Deadline Day? Start with zero.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2325568 said:
No....we do not need it

Sorry, but yes we do. I thought we could be just fine with our group of receivers, but the last few games do not support this belief. Crayton, Hurd, and Austin show up every now and then, but there's ZERO consistency with any of them. Teams are doubling T.O. and we don't have the receivers to make them pay. We do need to make a trade for another threat at receiver, but unfortunately, it isn't gonna happen. That will be one of our downfalls.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2326628 said:
They are terrible. They can't do anything right.

I can tell you one thing they can do right. They can knock my *** out of my Suicide League by beating the Broncos a couple weeks ago. :mad: