Trading Garrett

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
maybe you should re-read the post again...here let me explain it so you could understand.....what would Garrett be worth in a trade?? btw noone is saying we want to trade him, its really that simple.

He wouldn't be worth anything because he' s had only one good season. His 3 previous seasons would have gotten him fired somewhere else. The only reason there was talk about Harbaugh being traded is because he led SF to 5 playoff wins and a SB appearance in only 4 seasons. Harbaugh was a successful college HC at Stanford who several NFL teams wanted back in 2010. The thought of Garrett being coveted enough for an NFL team to trade for him after one good season is pretty laughable.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
with 6 teams looking for a HC, would you entertain the idea of trading Jason Garrett? Last year Cleveland tried to trade for Harbaugh so isnt a unrealistic scenario....lastly what kindve draft picks could we get?

Just like a player, you can't trade a free agent.

Fredd

Reaction score
you're beyond reason...carry on

beyond reason? much like a thread that is exceptionally unreasonable...sorry you got butt hurt for people thinking little of your "scenario"...but carry on, send me a pm when you are about to post the "what can we get for trading Jerry Jones" thread; I want to be sure to never open it

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whoever trades for him better make sure he has a collection of at least 3, preferably 4-5 ex NFL head-coaches to <help> him be all he can be.....

Be careful making definitive statements like that about Garrett based off of working for Jerry Jones.

You know that fat head coach up in Green Bay with your Packers? I guarantee you he couldn't duplicate that in Dallas.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
beyond reason? much like a thread that is exceptionally unreasonable...sorry you got butt hurt for people thinking little of your "scenario"...but carry on, send me a pm when you are about to post the "what can we get for trading Jerry Jones" thread; I want to be sure to never open it
happy new year dude...try not to be miserable the rest of the year.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
I honestly believe that Garrett is the right coach for this team. Have for a while now. The arrow has been continually pointing up since he took over, and that's all you can ask for from a team that gave up on its previous HC.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
lets say a team like the Raiders offer us 2 1st rounders.

I doubt even the Raiders would be dumb enough to trade two #1's for a HC who was ranked only a few spots higher than the one they fired during the season. I'm not trying to knock Garrett he's done a great job this season but no one would trade for him....PLEASE! I can't think of many head coaches who've been traded but most of the ones who have had great resumes such as Parcells and Bellichick. The Raiders traded Gruden to Tampa who was coming off 2 winning seasons and 2 playoff wins and the trade backfired with Gruden beating the Raiders in the SB the very next season. :laugh:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I thought trading draft picks for coaches was banned by the league after the Gruden trade.

seamus18

Reaction score
with 6 teams looking for a HC, would you entertain the idea of trading Jason Garrett? Last year Cleveland tried to trade for Harbaugh so isnt a unrealistic scenario....lastly what kindve draft picks could we get?

Just stop it!

Fredd

Reaction score
happy new year dude...try not to be miserable the rest of the year.

not miserable at all, just can't understand people that have their own agenda regardless of what is going on around them...you enjoy your agenda and happy new year to you, but I will assume in your world, Garrett isn't the coach...it's a fantasy world, but you are entitled to it

calico

Reaction score
The playoffs "itis" has everyone going nuts this week. Happens I guess when it's been 20 years of mediocrity. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Probably a better question to ask after the season.

Even if the Cowboys were to win the SB no one would trade for Garrett. He's going to have to validate this season next year and build a track record for success before he's looked at as a head coach other teams would love to have coaching their team. Up until this season he was a punch line for jokes there's a lot of good head coaching candidates out there who wouldn't require giving up draft picks for. I can't imagine anyone thinking highly enough of Garrett to bypass all the solid head coaching candidates available and trade draft picks for him. The Harbaugh brothers could net a trade as could Sean Payton or Mike Tomlin and of course Belichick who could probably garner a Walker type trade (lol) but not Jason Garrett.

StevenOtero

Reaction score

tRx7Dmy.jpg

8VG4wa5.png

black label

Reaction score

science_kid.jpg