Trading Garrett

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just like a player, you can't trade a free agent.

Thanks for pointing that out. Take everything else out of the equation.. What his worth? Would Dallas do it? Does Jason want to go to another team? None of that hypothetical stuff even matters. If he had 16 wins this season, he'd be worth nothing in a trade. We do not have his rights. You trade contracts, and there is no contract when JG is concerned. It amazes me how often the idea of trading FA's comes up. Maybe I'm too crazy of a fan that I know which players and coaches are in their last year, but it just seems like the kind of knowledge that people would always know if they're really following the team.

In any case, fun thread that got dozens of people to smack their own heads (including me). that HAD to be the goal right? Happy New Year!

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Maybe we could package Coakley with Garrett and get some major value in return. Kappa

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for pointing that out. Take everything else out of the equation.. What his worth? Would Dallas do it? Does Jason want to go to another team? None of that hypothetical stuff even matters. If he had 16 wins this season, he'd be worth nothing in a trade. We do not have his rights. You trade contracts, and there is no contract when JG is concerned. It amazes me how often the idea of trading FA's comes up. Maybe I'm too crazy of a fan that I know which players and coaches are in their last year, but it just seems like the kind of knowledge that people would always know if they're really following the team.

In any case, fun thread that got dozens of people to smack their own heads (including me). that HAD to be the goal right? Happy New Year!

Yes, there are people that believe that the Cowboys can trade Dez for 2 first round picks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
with 6 teams looking for a HC, would you entertain the idea of trading Jason Garrett? Last year Cleveland tried to trade for Harbaugh so isnt a unrealistic scenario....lastly what kindve draft picks could we get?

Are you serious? It's extremely hard to find good NFL head coaches.

Wood

Reaction score
You know things have gone real well for the Cowboys this season when you see a thread about trading Jason Garrett.

your not kidding. stark contrast to daily carpet bombings by posters on here on how we can never win with Red Ball Express.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
with 6 teams looking for a HC, would you entertain the idea of trading Jason Garrett? Last year Cleveland tried to trade for Harbaugh so isnt a unrealistic scenario....lastly what kindve draft picks could we get?
His contract is up, therefore he can not be traded

Jenky

Reaction score
Let's franchise tag Garrett and then trade him!
3392841.jpg

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For me it would be a timing thing.

We would have to find a GM that had just taken a dangerous amount of ecstasy and time negotiations to the peak of their high

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
There are good coaches all over the league both former and present, Barry Switzer won a SB with this team.

Yep. Sure are.

That's why so many teams have such good HC that there are hardly ever any HC openings in the NFL.

Oh....wait....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
your not kidding. stark contrast to daily carpet bombings by posters on here on how we can never win with Red Ball Express.

I was one of those who didn't think we could have this kind of season with Garrett.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
So basically according to most of you, Garrett isnt worth much if anything at all, as far as a trade goes.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I think everyone gets it: JG's contract is up, so he can't be traded. But it's mid-week, the Suh talk is old and I think it's an interesting question. So how about we put it a little bit differently so as not to offend some peoples' sense of message board etiquette....

What do you think "football people" around the league think of Jason Garrett as a coach?

I believe the league at large thinks a lot more of JG than do the media and football fans in general, and if the Cowboys choose not to retain him after this season (yes, I know that's not happening), he won't be unemployed long.

Reaction score
So, since there is, like, no gravity on the moon, wouldn't it be pointless for me to bring my drivers if I wanted to play 18 holes? Or would they just make the greens really really far away? Of course the greens would have to be made of astro-turf since there's no air or water,,, hey, I wonder if that's why they named it "astro-turf"?

Last edited: