Video: Trailer: CeeDee Lamb Part 1

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was always my biggest fear in Romo. The timing of him throwing a pick. Especially late in a game. Drove me nuts.
I don’t fear that in Dak, matter of fact, I have more confidence that Dak would make the play more so than I ever had in Tony.

My memory may be fading...and it's kinda dangerous around here to talk about romo....but...

Seemed to me he played quite well MOST of the time. The problem...in my faulty memory...is that he had to keep going back out there...with a lot of pressure to score. It';s only a matter of time...and law of averages. Some of those ints you are talking about WERE "bad timing"...because there was no other choice. HAd to take that shot or lose anyway.

There were some huge heartbreaks huh? But I admired Romo for coming from nowhere and the heart of a warrior.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Amazing story!!

I have said this before and got flack for it. Ceedee is the best WR on the Cowboys. And let me be the first to say THIS...………...If he can avoid the big injuries, Cedee will be the best WR in Cowboys history.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My memory may be fading...and it's kinda dangerous around here to talk about romo....but...

Seemed to me he played quite well MOST of the time. The problem...in my faulty memory...is that he had to keep going back out there...with a lot of pressure to score. It';s only a matter of time...and law of averages. Some of those ints you are talking about WERE "bad timing"...because there was no other choice. HAd to take that shot or lose anyway.

There were some huge heartbreaks huh? But I admired Romo for coming from nowhere and the heart of a warrior.

Oh, I am not taking anything away from Romo. Just basically saying he was not a QB god as many make him out to be. At the time no one really went on and on about how good he was while he was playing, as they do now. Or seems that way.
They did, and I did too, though, defend him that he was better than the national media gave him credit for.
Remember all the created bad stats categories that came out from him. Only years later, some good stats came out as well.

I guess I am just saying Dak seems to protect the ball better in those situations, as he has had his share of bad times picks and fumbles also.
I remember Aikman in his early years had some bad throws at the goal line that were picked and lost games as well.
Our defense never does that.. Except Lewis against the Saints. But that was not at the goal line when they were about to score.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I never bring Romo into it for what reason. Hes retired. All i ever said is we would have won the Super Bowl in 2016. Which I wholeheartedly believe. I am also on record saying Dak would have benefitted going back to the Bench

I do criticize Dak because I see a glaring weakness that he cannot compensate for. Late reads and late passes.

Just so happens this is a crucial trait for QB's in Crucial moments. He doesnt possess this trait and never will

Every year I am hopeful and every preseason no improvement. Same this year his passes are late.

Now if he would settle for 25 million I could possibly live with it but this guy wanted to break the bank and under his terms (4) years.

The Arrogance. This idiot Agent was the only one with a bigger Ego then Dak. Karma came into play and thats why France is my hero.

All I ask is you stop criticizing me for criticizing Dak

Stop the Romo Crap

Couple things...…………………...Even had Romo been the QB no chance we win. That team simply wasn't good enough to go all the way and with Garrett at HC and Merinelli, no chance. At some point that defense caves, Garrett gets out coached or makes a dumb decision, or Romo throws a bad pick...…………..…...which HE WAS FAMOUS for.

I loved Romo and he could have won a championship, but he didn't have the defense or coaching. And that 2016 team wasn't any better than Romo's team with Demarco Murray. IN fact...……….I rate THAT Murray team as better.

That "weakness" criticism of Dak you had made up your mind about years ago. Either in his first year or 2nd season. You are one of those classic Dak haters because you are a Romo guy. Time to let it go. Dak has improved in all the areas he needed to. Simple QB development. Late reads and late passes? LOL

Total nonsense. And to think that a QB of Dak's caliber should or would play for 25 million is complete ignorance. Goff and Wentz are getting 32 to 33 million per year and he is better than both of them.

Francis is your hero? LOL Dak is not your hero, but his agent is. You are the text book definition of a troll. Pathetic. Dak isn't going anywhere. Jerry will NEVER let him go.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh, I am not taking anything away from Romo. Just basically saying he was not a QB god as many make him out to be. At the time no one really went on and on about how good he was while he was playing, as they do now. Or seems that way.
They did, and I did too, though, defend him that he was better than the national media gave him credit for.
Remember all the created bad stats categories that came out from him. Only years later, some good stats came out as well.

I guess I am just saying Dak seems to protect the ball better in those situations, as he has had his share of bad times picks and fumbles also.
I remember Aikman in his early years had some bad throws at the goal line that were picked and lost games as well.
Our defense never does that.. Except Lewis against the Saints. But that was not at the goal line when they were about to score.

Romo was a better pure passer, but prone to big mistakes and lacked the game management skills a great QB needs. He was nimble in the pocket, but not a dual threat QB. Romo was a master of reading the defense, but wasn't the leader that Dak is.

I actually have them on the same level. Top 10, but in the 6-10 range. Both completely different. With a championship caliber team surrounding the QB, I take Dak. A good coach would be able to utilize Dak's skill to its fullest and his leadership and game management skills would lead to higher top end success.

If I had a team with a bad line and simply needed to win some game, I take Romo.

J-man

Reaction score
We all think CD has immense talent and will be a great fit here in Dallas, but I personally do not like all the hype. All this national attention can go to these kid's heads and turn them into divas like OBJ and others.

Let the kid grow up and become what we think he'll become before we celebrate him like he's already there.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

ALL AGREED! But..the flip side of is is Dak isn't likely pull one out either. He's just not gonna take those kinds of chances. He will take a safer player and hope for the best. I'm okay with it....that's what we have...it'll lose us a few games we might have miraculously won....and win us a few games we might have lost.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
between CeeDee and Joe Burrow most likely. If Burrow has success. We know CeeDee should succeed.
Burrow has a lot on his shoulders. As the Bengals need a lot more on defense than we do.

A couple running backs have a shot that should have better numbers than Lamb.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Couple things...…………………...Even had Romo been the QB no chance we win. That team simply wasn't good enough to go all the way and with Garrett at HC and Merinelli, no chance. At some point that defense caves, Garrett gets out coached or makes a dumb decision, or Romo throws a bad pick...…………..…...which HE WAS FAMOUS for.

I loved Romo and he could have won a championship, but he didn't have the defense or coaching. And that 2016 team wasn't any better than Romo's team with Demarco Murray. IN fact...……….I rate THAT Murray team as better.

That "weakness" criticism of Dak you had made up your mind about years ago. Either in his first year or 2nd season. You are one of those classic Dak haters because you are a Romo guy. Time to let it go. Dak has improved in all the areas he needed to. Simple QB development. Late reads and late passes? LOL

Total nonsense. And to think that a QB of Dak's caliber should or would play for 25 million is complete ignorance. Goff and Wentz are getting 32 to 33 million per year and he is better than both of them.

Francis is your hero? LOL Dak is not your hero, but his agent is. You are the text book definition of a troll. Pathetic. Dak isn't going anywhere. Jerry will NEVER let him go.
My "Criticisim" is a cold stone fact. In the limited footage of practices I have seen mulitiple mis throws by Dak.

Same Dak

I am not a hater. I just disagree with elevating a QB with those deficiences

Its gonna be a fun season watching Mike deal with Dak's "Growing" Pains