Twitter: Training Camp 8/3

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol no it doesn't. Not for special teamers.
You can root for Fehoko as much as you want.

What you can’t do is alter reality to fit your narrative.

Neither I, nor anyone else is buying it.

Creeper

Reaction score

True or not, it is good to remember one play from one short video clip during training camp is nothing to overreact about. Let's see the big picture. I say this having seen Gallimore pushed around like that during actual games last year. Still, let's see him in preseason in real competitive situations. This goes for all the players, those who make plays and those who don't.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Don't care, they're wrong.

If they weren't wrong, there wouldn't be guys like CJ Goodwin who make careers out of simply being veterans on ST and making rosters over more talented players.

Ok, cherry pick one of the best ST guys in the league and compare him to Simi Fehoko. Is that the point you're trying to make?

And apparently the Cowboys think the value he brings to ST supercedes his lack of postional talent.

I don't happen to agree. CJ should be replaced with someone who can actually play corner as well as special teams. Im hopeful we may go in that direction this year.

Havic

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the type of camp Michael Gallup is having?

817Gill

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the type of camp Michael Gallup is having?
He’s made some highlight plays (had a one handed catch on Gilmore a day ago) and some strong receptions here and there.

Nothing that’s too crazy but the writers there have all said he looks like the old Gallup physically which is probably the best news we could have on him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ok, cherry pick one of the best ST guys in the league and compare him to Simi Fehoko. Is that the point you're trying to make?

And apparently the Cowboys think the value he brings to ST supercedes his lack of postional talent.

I don't happen to agree. CJ should be replaced with someone who can actually play corner as well as special teams. Im hopeful we may go in that direction this year.
the bottom of the roster guys have to be very good on special teams and there have been past coaches who kept players just for that purpose. its an underrated part of a team, that everyone often takes for granted, until its not working.

so players at the bottom, either are special teams demons or must have some potential to grow into a solid player. which one is Fehoko? I am not sure. he has intriguing size and speed, but hasn't translated to football field as yet. he is fighting for the bottom of WR roster, since the top 4 are pretty much decided and there is a few who are making noise in camp and some are multi faceted (ala Turpin).

so Fehoko has to be really good on ST, and show growth for him to stick. else if he is not growing and he is not good on ST, then why waste time. his time is running short.

CJ is very good special team player and at the bottom of the chart as a CB or saftey.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score

No. It's that the veteran with ST experience will get chosen over the rookie, all things equal. Fehoko has played, Brooks hasn't.

It doesn't matter if you agree or not, the point is that it's what the league does. Most teams carry guys like Goodwin.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

so one play doesn't make him bad and why he is on the team. knowing that he has something to prove. much like Mazi who got schooled a few times and should everyone scream what a waste of a pick.

in the end, he has to show enough to be part of the DL rotation.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
the bottom of the roster guys have to be very good on special teams and there have been past coaches who kept players just for that purpose. its an underrated part of a team, that everyone often takes for granted, until its not working.

so players at the bottom, either are special teams demons or must have some potential to grow into a solid player. which one is Fehoko? I am not sure. he has intriguing size and speed, but hasn't translated to football field as yet. he is fighting for the bottom of WR roster, since the top 4 are pretty much decided and there is a few who are making noise in camp and some are multi faceted (ala Turpin).

so Fehoko has to be really good on ST, and show growth for him to stick. else if he is not growing and he is not good on ST, then why waste time. his time is running short.

CJ is very good special team player and at the bottom of the chart as a CB or saftey.

So your saying you haven't seem enough of Fehoko to determine what he can and cant do yet?

So if Brooks shows potential, you still cut him because you need more time with Simi?

Hopefully the coaches have a better sense of Simi than that at this point. He is that speed guy that people get enamored with. They then over look the fact hes just not that good.

Im not writing him off. But come cut time, if its close between the two. Im going Brooks.

blueblood70

Reaction score

so him being double teamed and then as he was trying to recover from the double team he got a third guy hit him and that's what we're judging the guy on I mean I don't know if he makes the team and I can care less but that's not a knock on him because he got knocked off balance 2 players then hit by a third and rolled over on the ground.... That's just really good offensive blocking

BlindFaith

Reaction score
No. It's that the veteran with ST experience will get chosen over the rookie, all things equal. Fehoko has played, Brooks hasn't.

It doesn't matter if you agree or not, the point is that it's what the league does. Most teams carry guys like Goodwin.

Simi hasn't done jack since hes been here. Hes not even some valuable bit player. He was here last year because we had squadoosh at WR.

If Brooks shows any promise it'll be more than what Simi has shown up to this point. I don't care if Simi was on ST or not. Brooks will show out to be a very good ST guy himself. In my opinion, better than Simi.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Simi hasn't done jack since hes been here. Hes not even some valuable bit player. He was here last year because we had squadoosh at WR.

If Brooks shows any promise it'll be more than what Simi has shown up to this point. I don't care if Simi was on ST or not. Brooks will show out to be a very good ST guy himself. In my opinion, better than Simi.
Brooks hasn't even played a preseason game lol

Sure we can all just blindly speculate.

I think Tristan Vizcaino is going to set a record for 60 yard field goals this year!!!!!