Training Camp in Oxnard, CA

Ken

Reaction score
Thinking of making the 5 hour drive from vegas for a few days...

Can anyone tell me..

1. What would be the best dates to attend where I would see full pad practices?
2. Any good hotels to get?
3. Anything else important I would need to know?

Thanks a ton!

VACowboy

Reaction score
I know I'm a vast minority, probably of one, but I'll not be attending TC as long as it's in Oxnard. I'm not going to spend the hottest month of the summer somewhere that terrain and proximity to the ocean dictate temperatures between 60 and 80. I'll be there for a month (seriously) when/if the 'Boys return to Texas for camp. :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
VACowboy;2137368 said:
I know I'm a vast minority, probably of one, but I'll not be attending TC as long as it's in Oxnard. I'm not going to spend the hottest month of the summer somewhere that terrain and proximity to the ocean dictate temperatures between 60 and 80. I'll be there for a month (seriously) when/if the 'Boys return to Texas for camp. :D

Hopefully once the facilities in Arlington are completed Dallas will just hold camp there instead of being stuck between SA and Oxnard.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2137370 said:
Hopefully once the facilities in Arlington are completed Dallas will just hold camp there instead of being stuck between SA and Oxnard.

I love the DFW area, so that'd be awesome. Mebbe next year, then.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
VACowboy;2137374 said:
I love the DFW area, so that'd be awesome. Mebbe next year, then.

From my understanding that is part of the plan. It will be more than just a stadium and given the crowds Cowboys camp draws that complex would be able to accommodate and bring money to the area

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2137115 said:
Even though it would be hotter than hades I wouldn't mind them having TC in the Rio Grande Valley. My inlaws live there so I wouldn't have to worry about a hotel. :laugh2:
I'll never forget 1 year they had it in Austin, in our super bowl years of the 90s, I went there with my best friend and was wearing a "wife beater" type t-shirt, and I didn't know black folks could sun burn, but it happened to me and I was peeling skin off for the next several hours. NOW THAT'S HOT. :D

BoysFanInAustin

Reaction score
alby;2137044 said:
Nav22, nice to meet a fellow 'Boys fan here in the O.C. =]

BoysFanInAustin, my summer session doesn't end until the 30th of July. So, I'm rescheduling my plans to go to training camp on July 31st and August 1st as well.. Maybe see you there.

Go Cowboys

Cool, I'll be there....I'm taking my dad with me cause he's never been to California, so I wanted to show him around, plus he's been a Boys fan since 66! I've been to LA several times and I love it so much, the weather is so awesome there. so hopefully he'll have a good time.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2137283 said:
Yep, it is very hot. Not as humid as Mississippi, where I now live... but just HOT. In Mississippi it feels hotter, if you can believe it. My first day in MS (August), I had a heat stroke and had to be hospitalized. 100% humidity.

I had lived around Dallas and in East Texas (Longview, Lufkin) before McAllen and frankly, didn't like The Valley as much as those areas.

I have never been anywhere that was hotter than the Valley in the middle of summer not even Arizona. :laugh2:

Maybe I just think it was worse because I had to deal with my inlaws. :laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Clove;2137391 said:
I'll never forget 1 year they had it in Austin, in our super bowl years of the 90s, I went there with my best friend and was wearing a "wife beater" type t-shirt, and I didn't know black folks could sun burn, but it happened to me and I was peeling skin off for the next several hours. NOW THAT'S HOT. :D

If you have skin it can burn. :laugh2:

alby

Reaction score
Ken;2137324 said:
Thinking of making the 5 hour drive from vegas for a few days...

Can anyone tell me..

1. What would be the best dates to attend where I would see full pad practices?
2. Any good hotels to get?
3. Anything else important I would need to know?

Thanks a ton!
http://www.dallascowboys.com/camp.cfm

I suggest not going on Friday, July 25th and instead going on the days when they have two-a-days for the most Cowboys practice time you can get since you are going to be making the drive from LV =]

alby

Reaction score
On my way over to TC in a couple days... Damn, I'm excited =]