Twitter: Training Camp Practice Tweets - 08/24/2020

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quick WR polling:

Do you see the Cowboys keeping 5 or 6 receivers this year?

And then, who ya got?

From what I've read (and if they can keep a 55-man roster), I'm still keeping 6:
  1. Cooper
  2. Gallup
  3. Lamb
  4. Wilson
  5. Devin Smith
  6. Ventell Bryant

That is pretty much who I have, though you know I am biased toward Noah Brown. But can't deny these are the top 6, in spite of my pet cat bias. :D

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I agree with you about Smith and special teams.

And I had initially written him off with the team keeping just 5.

But then I read some very good recent reports and remembered about the expanded rosters too. And I think Smith brings the speed element that most of the other receivers don't.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
It wouldn't shock me if McCarthy has a plan for the guy, but if Wilson is playing as well as everyone makes him out, Smith might have a hard time seeing the field anyway. It'll be interesting to see how much sway Fassel has on the bottom of the roster, too. I don't think Smith's a bum, but his limitations and our depth with Lamb and the improvement of Wilson, might make it too hard to justify the roster spot.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
That is pretty much who I have, though you know I am biased toward Noah Brown. But can't deny these are the top 6, in spite of my pet cat bias. :D
I like Brown, too. The guy probably hasn't even peaked yet, he's only 24. But he wasn't too fast to begin with and has already had a bunch of leg injuries, so who knows?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It wouldn't shock me if McCarthy has a plan for the guy, but if Wilson is playing as well as everyone makes him out, Smith might have a hard time seeing the field anyway. It'll be interesting to see how much sway Fassel has on the bottom of the roster, too. I don't think Smith's a bum, but his limitations and our depth with Lamb and the improvement of Wilson, might make it too hard to justify the roster spot.

My deal with Wilson as well as Brown, with seem to be injury probe. But if Healthy at cut down day, I see Wilson on the team, I think Smith also. then depends on is they keep 6 WR's which I think they do. But biggest thing to not keep 6, is how many they keep on the DL & DB positions.

But I see the point, of Wilson or Smith, are they the same type of WR. Do you keep both, or a guy like Bryant or Brown. Brown mainly for his blocking, possession type player.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Gearing up the 11 on 11 drills, tells me the season is getting closer and closer (though the calendar shows me that also). :laugh:

Saturday is going to feel like football season for the first time I think.

Here locally in Dallas channel 21 has a brand new Deep Blue piece on Percy Howard, then the cowboys scrimmage and then they are playing super bowl 12 vs the broncos after the scrimmage.

GMO415

Reaction score
Stand by EzE....this WCO will have catching a lot more passes.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Pollard is the back I want catching the ball in the open field, Elliott I only want to catch the ball in short yardage situations.

817Gill

Reaction score
Quick WR polling:

Do you see the Cowboys keeping 5 or 6 receivers this year?

And then, who ya got?

From what I've read (and if they can keep a 55-man roster), I'm still keeping 6:
  1. Cooper
  2. Gallup
  3. Lamb
  4. Wilson
  5. Devin Smith
  6. Ventell Bryant
This one

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saturday is going to feel like football season for the first time I think.

Here locally in Dallas channel 21 has a brand new Deep Blue piece on Percy Howard, then the cowboys scrimmage and then they are playing super bowl 12 vs the broncos after the scrimmage.

When is the scrimmage. Is it this Saturday then? I have not looked it up. I like the Deep Blue series they do. They would have those before the preseason games as well.
I just watch SB VII on you tube a few weeks ago.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The past regime never properly utilized that part of his game.
I expect that to change.
Its also what he worked on all off-season so either he just really wanted to be on Dak's personal field or there's a lot of maturity showing through to work on what's a tweak in new offense.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Stephen Jones is coming up on the fan in a minute. I am sure he will just give a generic statement on thomas but will be interesting to see what he says.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
I sure hope under MM the Cowboys have a much better special teams than in the recent past. We rarely get decent yardage on kick or punt returns.