Twitter: Training Camp Practice Tweets - 08/24/2020

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Glad to hear some "depth" names being continuously called, mainly the Wilson Bros and V.Bryant.

I'd assume, judging off of practices here as of late only, that Cedric and Ventrell would be the 4th and 5th WRs kept.

817Gill

Reaction score

The play Awuzie tweaked his knee on. Great play on the ball though, sounds like there have been a lot more plays on the ball this camp and there’s an emphasis on it being coached. One player (forgot who) said this camp was the first time they were practicing turnovers, wow lol.

quickccc

Reaction score
Quick WR polling:

Do you see the Cowboys keeping 5 or 6 receivers this year?

And then, who ya got?

From what I've read (and if they can keep a 55-man roster), I'm still keeping 6:
  1. Cooper
  2. Gallup
  3. Lamb
  4. Wilson
  5. Devin Smith
  6. Ventell Bryant

i really believe we will be keeping SIX WRs, i really believe MM likes a good number of WRs as he did in GB.
and I tend to believe it will be the names of ones you're mentioning.

- i'm not hearing much at all if anything from Jonvea Johnson, practice squad destination again
- and i did not even expect anything from Noah Brown but maybe since he was
still under contract, and the thought to bring in existing number of WR camp bodies.
But i'm done there. He's not a receiving playmaker, he's just a blocker, and he hasn't developed. Time to move on to others.

- Wilson has had strong camp before.. but what ends up happening is he eventually gets injured for good.
i'm still so meh on him as a playmaker WR.
- Looking like V.Bryant maybe a better pure receiver than given credit for. i can see him game active while Devin Smith gets inactive.

Batman1980

Reaction score
It makes me think how good Bryon Jones could be away from here

Is he going to learn to take proper angles in coverage so JAGs don't posterize him? Is he going to learn to take the ball away? If not, that contract was a big mistake.

Swagger

Reaction score
Is he going to learn to take proper angles in coverage so JAGs don't posterize him? Is he going to learn to take the ball away? If not, that contract was a big mistake.
I guess we will find out

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

The play Awuzie tweaked his knee on. Great play on the ball though, sounds like there have been a lot more plays on the ball this camp and there’s an emphasis on it being coached. One player (forgot who) said this camp was the first time they were practicing turnovers, wow lol.

Awuzie is a heck of an athlete.

I fear he is peaking just in time to hit free agency.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So how many times has Dak been intercepted so far?

Seems like a lot.
Dak has been throwing quite a bit of interceptions, as have the rest of the other QBs. That's good. It's a sign that this new coaching staff is helping improve our Defense.