Recommended Training Camp Tweets, Vids, and injury updates - 07/31/14

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Todd Archer‏@toddarcher 1h
Sore groins keeping CB Sterling Moore and G Brian Clarke from practice. light at corner today with Claiborne out and Carr not here
Former Southern Cal coach John Robinson at practice.
One on one drills with WRs CBs will be end zone passes. Always a competitive drill
Jason Garrett with play by play in 1v1 drills with WRs CBs
Dwayne Harris with left ankle injury. Tangled up with Terrance Mitchell.
Weeden taking first team snaps in run drills not Romo
As good as D was Wed on outside runs they are getting trampled today with pulls by guards. Zack Martin flattened Barry Church
Witten hit by Jeff Heath. Heath immediately realizes what he did. Helps Witten up
Lots of guys on the ground in drills today. Coaches constantly saying Stay up
Romo with deep completion to Byrd sets up winning FG by Bailey. Practice ends. Shorter than normal

Tim MacMahon‏@espn_macmahon 11m
Hard to say how much is dominance of O-line or weakness of D-line, but DeMarco Murray has some huge holes to run through.
Henry Melton gets slapped on the back by Leon Lett after beating rookie RG Zack Martin in a couple of 1-on-1s.

Charean Williams‏@NFLCharean 1h
Mitchell and Webb are with first team in nickel. Carr, Claiborne and Sterling Moore are absent.
Jerry Jones says he is leaving for Canton tomorrow for a couple days. Campaigning to get Haley in next year.
Ben Bass is leaving the field.

Jon Machota‏@jonmachota 1h
Cowboys going through walk-thru portion, staring CBs in nickel: Orlando Scandrick, B.W. Webb and rookie Terrance Mitchell
Cowboys TE coach Mike Pope said Gavin Escobar has a fly-trap for hands. Showed that on 1-on-1s vs. J.J. Wilcox while team gathered around
Ron Leary in full pads but working off to the side with a trainer
Jason Garrett throws a pass, fan yells: "You still got it." Garrett looks over and laughs, says something about not still having it.
Tony Romo completed 2-of-4 in 7-on-7 red zone drills
Romo had one bad throw and one he threw away in 7-on-7s. Romo wasn't happy about Escobar's route on the pass he threw away
Tony Romo completed 1-of-3 in 2-minute drills. Had one tipped at the line, should've been intercepted by Bruce Carter. Dez knocked it away
Brandon Weeden to Devin Street: "I threw you a sh---y ball but nice catch!"

David Moore‏@DavidMooreDMN 25m
Jason Garrett overseeing drills between WRs and CBs. Tells defense they are being bludgeoned by offense.
Huge hole for D Murray opened up on run play to right side between T Frederick and Z Martin

Rowan Kavner‏@KavnerDC 22m
Boyd with a nice 1-handed grab in goal line 1-on-1s. Dez also impossible to cover
And now Weems is hurt. Looks like he's grabbing his left elbow. Was working with Tyron on drills

David Helman‏@HelmanDC 22m
Harris is hurt after going against Mitchell, who went to ground with him. Dez admonished Mitchell "you've got to stop doing that dude."
No QB hits allowed, but Davon Coleman just blew through Bernadeau in full team and had Romo dead to rights.
Terrance Mitchell, man. Dude's playing for keeps. Knockin' the crud out of people in special teams.
Weems has left the field after taking a knock from Tyron Smith on an all-OL drill. Friendly fire.
Zack Martin v. Henry Melton is probably the most consistently fun matchup out here. Always a battle.

mike fisher‏@fishsports 17m
Bass is out of the med tent and walking back under his own power to his #cowboys dorm area

Babe Laufenberg‏@cbs11babe 1m
Mo Claiborne out. B.W. Webb drawing Dez on deep ball. Incomplete. #CowboysCBS11

Last edited:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jon Machota‏@jonmachota 40m
Dez beats Scandrick in 1-on-1s pic.twitter.com/JXRWhidAZx

Bt6RtEzCUAAIryX.jpg:large

Bt6RtxECMAAiLuA.jpg:large

Bt6RtjrCQAAAW-F.jpg:large

Bt6RtGtCYAEoYOx.jpg:large

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Mitchell the new Scandrick lol

Thanks for the tweets WG

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
O-line has been dominant thus far. Of course, their dominance is the classic catch-22. I can't wait to see them against another team's defensive line.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Goes to show, that in a professional business, one just can't get enough visual aides!

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
This just about sums up why I was never a big fan of Scandrick personally. I dont know if its the players or the coaching but you dont defend receivers with your back to the QB

It appears he was doing the trail technique since he guess it was probably an out or fade route.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clarence Hill‏@clarencehilljr 28m
Dwayne Harris will get an xray on his ankle. Cowboys don't think it's a high ankle sprain. Crossing fingers
Ben Bass has a hamstring injury

Jon Machota‏@jonmachota 4m
Ron Leary said everything went well today. "I'm good. There were no problems. I'm a full-go."

David Helman‏@HelmanDC 30m
Tyron Smith is widely lauded for being the strong, silent type. Which is why it was funny when he just photobombed a Ron Leary TV interview.

Charean Williams‏@NFLCharean 3m
Dwayne Harris (ankle), Ben Bass (hamstring) and Darrion Weems (shoulder) left practice early.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I have a buddy from DC.com's forum that is at TC, and this is what he was reporting -

#13, nice over shoulder catch.
Weeden killing the CBs.
Beasley getting shutdown.
Rookie Philips shouting down WR.
Harris is down.
Harris ain't getting up.
Harris walking it off
Murray making D grab air.
Weeden is starting QB.
Romo is not in scrimmage.
OL having their way.
Romo in now, passes have no zip.
Murray shredded the D, either our OL is awesome or D horrible
Beasley is one fast dude
OL panicking D Smith is a beast.
Mency made Burnardeau do the splits! Ouch!
Beasley killing D from slot. Romo is QB
Ist offense team scrimmage Romo firing away.
Romo hits Byrd for 20.
Romo finally had zip at end. They are really taking it easy with him.
We met Crawford, he was really limping at the end.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Had one tipped at the line, should've been intercepted by Bruce Carter. Dez knocked it away

Love little blurbs like this that can go under the radar.
It's those little awareness things that can be the difference between a win and a loss some games.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'll be glad when this starts happening to non-Cowboys.
I believe Z. Martin was a tremendous pick and watching this line is going to be one of the main attractions of this team.
There should hopefully be some holes opened up the likes not seen since 22 was running through human hallways.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Clarence Hill‏@clarencehilljr 28m
Dwayne Harris will get an xray on his ankle. Cowboys don't think it's a high ankle sprain. Crossing fingers
Ben Bass has a hamstring injury

Jon Machota‏@jonmachota 4m
Ron Leary said everything went well today. "I'm good. There were no problems. I'm a full-go."

David Helman‏@HelmanDC 30m
Tyron Smith is widely lauded for being the strong, silent type. Which is why it was funny when he just photobombed a Ron Leary TV interview.

Charean Williams‏@NFLCharean 3m
Dwayne Harris (ankle), Ben Bass (hamstring) and Darrion Weems (shoulder) left practice early.