Training Camp

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just retired from coaching last month ,33 years ! just booked my flight got room s ,going to Cowboy training camp for the first time in 25 years , extremely excited!
I’ve been going to training camp since I arrived in California in 1980. It’s a fun experience. The first one I attended Roger Staubach had just retired.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Just retired from coaching last month ,33 years ! just booked my flight got room s ,going to Cowboy training camp for the first time in 25 years , extremely excited!
Man, I envy you. I attended all the practices every year when they were in San Antonio. Some great years then. Parcells prowling around yapping with all the players getting in their heads. Good times.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Some of my favorite times of watching the Cowboys in TC came when they were performing at St. Edwards Univ. while Jimmy J. was coaching. Those were the days when the Cowboys were winning championship titles, and everything was so exciting to watch. Outstanding times, for sure.
I took my vacation from work and attended their workouts every day. It was fantastic. Their practices were incredibly intense.

Last edited:

Centex

Reaction score
When I was a teenager I got to go in 81 and 83 in Thousand Oaks. It wasn’t a huge deal like now and I was about to walk around by the practice fields and even chatted with Tom Landry.

Roland

Reaction score
I was able to go see them once at training camp back in 2000 or 2001 when they were in Wichita Falls TX. I was so hyped up!

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I can't imagine actually paying to fly out to watch practice. It's super boring. To each his own, I guess. Congrats on retiring.