Transition to Zim's Defense

Chasing6

Reaction score
Saw a video and they mentioned that all the guys that have been here under Quinn, know and remember doing things Quinn's way, especially the younger guys. With the guys we have, how easy/hard do you think the transition will be to adapt to a new defense, a new voice, and a different personality? Do you see any push back by certain players, do you think players will grasp it quickly?

The video mentioned and Zimm mentioned "knowing the language" and being able to communicate the way he does in his defense. Who on this team will take on that role, or would it be best having guys that played in his scheme to come in and help the players get adjusted??

If a player makes mistakes, they mentioned having that veteran presence in there would be helpful so that the veteran can go to the guys and tell them where to fix their mistakes. As we've heard Mike can be a tough guy. Please give your comments on this topic, thanks!!!!
Transition is going to be the draft and who can coach Zim coach up. Hopefully we can get more out of less, with Coach Zim on their *** vs a Jason Garret type DC.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Highly doubt this team will respond to an angry 80 year old white man yelling at them all day long. If you want to make this move it should be done with a massive purge of players.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
This will make the draft more interesting. I would say FA's as well. But we know that will not happen as to any top players available.
I know your right, but that is what this owner ship does year after year on top free agents, nothing. The beef on D Line needs to be addressed. And I think it will because of Zimmer's scheme. I myself would like to see DJ Reader as free agent signing and in a trade down in the 30's T'Vondre Sweat 1 technique Texas. NOW YOU'RE GETTING SERIOUS.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Extend Lamb and restructure Diggs and that should get the Cowboys about 24M under the cap.

Use that to sign Danielle Hunter and Eric Kendricks....boom! :p

N5SROLCLWFHOFBIUNAAHKEA22U.jpg

Chasing6

Reaction score
As they should money strapped because of him and he sucks in the playoffs.
Money strapped because of GM Jeruh. Don't fool yourself. He signs the checks.

GM Jeruh gets exploited on the regular by good agents.

That is most likely the reason, we no longer participative in free agency.

kevm3

Reaction score
This team is probably an 9 and 8 team. I've already mentioned all the holes in the offense, but we have a DT problem (if Mazi doesn't significantly improve) and an LB problem... or are we moving Micah back to LB?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Honestly moving forward, Jerry should decide to draft players moving forward by how bad their agents are. So he does not keep getting exposed.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Saw a video and they mentioned that all the guys that have been here under Quinn, know and remember doing things Quinn's way, especially the younger guys. With the guys we have, how easy/hard do you think the transition will be to adapt to a new defense, a new voice, and a different personality? Do you see any push back by certain players, do you think players will grasp it quickly?

The video mentioned and Zimm mentioned "knowing the language" and being able to communicate the way he does in his defense. Who on this team will take on that role, or would it be best having guys that played in his scheme to come in and help the players get adjusted??

If a player makes mistakes, they mentioned having that veteran presence in there would be helpful so that the veteran can go to the guys and tell them where to fix their mistakes. As we've heard Mike can be a tough guy. Please give your comments on this topic, thanks!!!!
Parsons is very vocal, a defensive star, and so far he hasnt said anything about Zim or the new defense.
He always had good things to say about quinn.

The way I look at it a oc/dc should adapt to the players he has, not expect them to adapt to what he wants to do, or a specific type of defense.
thats when you wind up putting square pegs in round holes. And then get mad at the pegs, because they wont go in the holes.

With quinn we had the best defense dallas has ever had in this century. It went from the worst to the best.

I dont think quinn cared at the end, I think he wanted the HC of cowboys job, and jerry had insinuated he would get it.
Then later he found out he wasnt going to get it and so....... quinn then leaves like he suddenly wants out fast.
And he goes to a div rival. He will try to take his revenge this coming season by beating the cowboys (and jerry)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This team is probably an 9 and 8 team. I've already mentioned all the holes in the offense, but we have a DT problem (if Mazi doesn't significantly improve) and an LB problem... or are we moving Micah back to LB?
but jerry thinks they are "close" so he is thinking 12-5 again and better in playoffs !!
If they cant do that this is not just a wasted year it is a throw away year.
Giving MM one more year is so dumb, why give him another year?
He wont change, and the dc change is only due to quinn leaving on his own.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Zimmer's biggest issue next season will be our coddled, crybaby, players who will go running to Jerruh when their feelings get hurt by Zimmer's words.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Zimmer's biggest issue next season will be our coddled, crybaby, players who will go running to Jerruh when their feelings get hurt by Zimmer's words.
Agreed. At least these guys half liked and respected Quinn. The defense was hot garbage for years and years. Somehow Quinn made them reasonable. The 80 year old bad mood grandpa has no shot.

Smith22

Reaction score
Kendricks was also on record saying "running a fear based organization isn't the way to go" in reference to zimmer.

That said, he was an all pro in that defense.

This is why Eric Kendricks will be signed.

Knows Zimmers scheme, Green dot player, leader