Travel/Vacation experiences plans hopes

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
So basically where you been, where you might be going, where you want to go.

I was in Fort Worth/Cowboy game, Sedona Arizona/Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam trip early Sept 2017.
Was in Carlsbad/SD/LA California in early December 2017.
These were my first real trips out west besides a Vegas trip i took the year before. So anyway i loved the land out west, makes the east look plain.

So my next planned trip is early Sept 2018 to Jackson Hole WY where i plan to visit Yellow Stone & The Grand Tetons. I will be driving to Cedar Breaks Utah as a base where i can then visit Zion and Bryce National Parks, followed by Vegas for a night and back home/NJ.

I never been to WY/ID and am preparing myself for people who are much more calm and relaxed than i am. I am also preparing myself to eat a lot of meat while i am there, i am guessing the seafood is probably not so good besides a few upscale restaurants.

Grand Canyon and Sedona were amazing and i am expecting Yellowstone/Tetons/Zion/Bryce to be equally amazing.

I'm doing my homework on these areas but any info on these places i plan to visit next would be great.

Enjoy your adventures & work that bucket list. :flagwave:

Last edited:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I've wanted to visit Jackson Hole for a long time. Still haven't been there.

Grew up in Dallas / Fort Worth. I've also lived in San Deigo, San Francisco, and New Orleans as a Navy brat, but moved to New York / Connecticut on my own. (still live here)

I've been to several places in the US via car and flying for fun and business. Outside of the US, I've been all over the Caribbean, Mexico and I've been to Rome and Paris.

My world travelling (non-Caribbean / Mexico anyhow) stopped around 2009 for other reasons, though I hope to start it back up soon. I have a lot more to see.

Want to visit Hawaii to see the Keck Telescope, Pearl Harbor, and of course the volcanoes.

Currently intend on visiting several places in the UK, St. Petersburg Russia, Cario, Egypt, Japan, Australia, Germany (mostly WWII stuff, wineries, and castles), Austria, Greece, more Italy, and Brazil. (currently learning Portuguese which is spoken by Brazilians, BUNDA!)

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

Grew up in Dallas / Fort Worth. I've also lived in San Deigo, San Francisco, and New Orleans as a Navy brat, but moved to New York / Connecticut on my own. (still live here)

I've been to several places in the US via car and flying for fun and business. Outside of the US, I've been all over the Caribbean, Mexico and I've been to Rome and Paris.

My world travelling (non-Caribbean / Mexico anyhow) stopped around 2009 for other reasons, though I hope to start it back up soon. I have a lot more to see.

Want to visit Hawaii to see the Keck Telescope, Pearl Harbor, and of course the volcanoes.

Currently intend on visiting several places in the UK, St. Petersburg Russia, Cario, Egypt, Japan, Australia, Germany (mostly WWII stuff, wineries, and castles), Austria, Greece, more Italy, and Brazil. (currently learning Portuguese which is spoken by Brazilians)
Dying to get to Rome/Jerusalem, beyond my means for the time being. Been to Croatia, layover Heathrow, but didn't get the London experience 2003 & 2006.

Australia/New Zealand/Japan is also a trip id like to do.

Seattle drive to San Fran is something i been planing for awhile. Mt Rainier to Mulholland Falls to Crater Lake to Redwoods to Napa/SF/Palo Alto.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seattle drive to San Fran is something i been planing for awhile. Mt Rainier to Mulholland Falls to Crater Lake to Redwoods to Napa/SF/Palo Alto.

I have made that drive several times, beautiful. I have even driven from SD to Vancouver twice.

I have a bucket list of places to go and to see all 50 states, think all I am missing is Alaska, Dakotas and Wisconsin. We have made trips to most of the National Parks in the lower 48, Yellowstone/Tetons being my favorite.

Been to Mexico/Caribbean many times, that is my playground. Have also been to Italy, France and Scotland. However, I really want to see the pyramids but don't think it is safe at this time. So, my next overseas vacations will be in Germany and New Zealand. One of these days I will make it to Asia and hopefully Russia.

The absolute one place I have to visit is the Galapagos Islands, numero uno! An African safari is 2nd on my list.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I have made that drive several times, beautiful. I have even driven from SD to Vancouver twice.

I have a bucket list of places to go and to see all 50 states, think all I am missing is Alaska, Dakotas and Wisconsin. We have made trips to most of the National Parks in the lower 48, Yellowstone/Tetons being my favorite.

Been to Mexico/Caribbean many times, that is my playground. Have also been to Italy, France and Scotland. However, I really want to see the pyramids but don't think it is safe at this time. So, my next overseas vacations will be in Germany and New Zealand. One of these days I will make it to Asia and hopefully Russia.

The absolute one place I have to visit is the Galapagos Islands, numero uno!
I remember you Yose and a few others giving me good advice on So Cal before i went. Thank You to all who did so. So Cal was fun even with a little fire. :grin:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I was in Fort Worth/Cowboy game, Sedona Arizona/Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam trip early Sept 2017.
These were my first real trips out west besides a Vegas trip i took the year before. So anyway i loved the land out west, makes the east look plain.

So my next planned trip is early Sept 2018 to Jackson Hole WY where i plan to visit Yellow Stone & The Grand Tetons. I will be driving to Cedar Breaks Utah as a base where i can then visit Zion and Bryce National Parks, followed by Vegas for a night and back home/NJ.

I never been to WY/ID and am preparing myself for people who are much more calm and relaxed than i am. I am also preparing myself to eat a lot of meat while i am there, i am guessing the seafood is probably not so good besides a few upscale restaurants.

Grand Canyon and Sedona were amazing and i am expecting Yellowstone/Tetons/Zion/Bryce to be equally amazing.

I'm doing my homework on these areas but any info on these places i plan to visit next would be great.

I looked at moving to Jackson Hole in the past, but it's grown a lot more popular and housing costs are through the roof there these days. It would probably be nice for a trip though, but it's definitely a huge tourist attraction now.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Currently intend on visiting several places in the UK, St. Petersburg Russia, Cario, Egypt, Japan, Australia, Germany (mostly WWII stuff, wineries, and castles), Austria, Greece, more Italy, and Brazil. (currently learning Portuguese which is spoken by Brazilians, BUNDA!)
St. Petersburg, Russia is on my list as well :D

cowboyec

Reaction score
•Graceland...made the journey to my personal mecca every year for the last 8...gettin expensive tho so I hope to make it 9yrs in a row.
my wife and I got married there.
ELVIS ROCKS!!!!!

•Naples,Fl.....my wife's favorite place on earth...incredible beaches...just beautiful.
hope to get back there soon.

where I want to go
•Dallas area
•Pacific NW.....to do some Bigfoot huntin'
•Canton,OH...pro football hall of fame
•state of Alabama....Ive never been there...my wife was born there...we had a trip planned but had to cancel it.I want to visit Huntsville...in '75 Elvis gave a series of concerts over a 3 or 4 day period...all sold-out.I have the shows on bootleggs...AWESOME.
•Hawaii....never been...gotta make it happen.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I looked at moving to Jackson Hole in the past, but it's grown a lot more popular and housing costs are through the roof there these days. It would probably be nice for a trip though, but it's definitely a huge tourist attraction now.
I'm actually planning on staying on the Idaho side, Victor Idaho, 7 nights at the Teton Springs Lodge & Spa if all works out according to plan, but ill be going to Jackson hole for dinner a few times, bout 30 minute drive says google.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
•Graceland...made the journey to my personal mecca every year for the last 8...gettin expensive tho so I hope to make it 9yrs in a row.
my wife and I got married there.
ELVIS ROCKS!!!!!

•Naples,Fl.....my wife's favorite place on earth...incredible beaches...just beautiful.
hope to get back there soon.

where I want to go
•Dallas area
•Pacific NW.....to do some Bigfoot huntin'
•Canton,OH...pro football hall of fame
•state of Alabama....Ive never been there...my wife was born there...we had a trip planned but had to cancel it.I want to visit Huntsville...in '75 Elvis gave a series of concerts over a 3 or 4 day period...all sold-out.I have the shows on bootleggs...AWESOME.
•Hawaii....never been...gotta make it happen.
Love south FLA gulf side. Been to Sanibel Fort Myers Venice, love the calm beautiful waters.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Love south FLA gulf side. Been to Sanibel Fort Myers Venice, love the calm beautiful waters.
Cowboys Congregation says AMEN.
Second time we vacationed there,we went out in the water for a swim and watched the sun-set.
NEVER forgotten it.

Terrancemcclain

Reaction score
I'd like to visit India but I heard they poo in the streets there.:eek: when I was a kid I used to want to become a paleontologist because I knew they traveled a lot.I'd also like to maybe visit Thailand and join a muay Thai camp and the Philippines to train in Kali and escrima.
I've always wanted to see different parts of america such as the south and pacific northwest,especially Alaska.I traveled to Texas once with my uncle and cousin to see the cowboys play the eagles

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Planned - 2 week trip to Europe. London - Amsterdam - Munich.
Planning - some time keep section hiking the Applachian Trail - have completed 10% so far.
Thinking of - River cruise in Europe.
Thinking of - Multiple cruises in the Caribbean.
Thinking of - Road trip about the US.
Thinking of - going to Japan.

Been to Grand Canyon - both the Havisu reservation and the south rim.
Been to - Yosemite - Muir woods - San Francisco - down highway 1 - San Diego
Been to - NYC a lot as I liver right there.
Been to - Canada.
Been camping in New York state.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I've been to Hell and back!! It made me very thirsty.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
St. Petersburg, Russia is on my list as well :D

hah. The funny thing is, it wasn't even on my radar until I read Crime and Punishment many years ago. Since that sparked my interest, I learned a lot about it that has given me a myriad of reasons to visit. Now, I just need to actually go!

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I was fading away last night, my response may have been a little autopilotish. We just got blasted in NJ with some serious cold weather and some snow, temperatures are going back into the 40s now. I don't know if i could deal with 67 inches of snow annually in Jackson Hole, your probably better off not having moved there.
https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/jackson/wyoming/united-states/uswy0088

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
hah. The funny thing is, it wasn't even on my radar until I read Crime and Punishment many years ago. Since that sparked my interest, I learned a lot about it that has given me a myriad of reasons to visit. Now, I just need to actually go!
I’m a Russian Lit nut, if you still read, check out Dostoevsky’s The Brothers Karamazov. Not quit as nailbiting and internally agonizing as the great Crime and Punishment (an absolute top-10, all time, work of fiction), but still wrought with conflict and fear and doubt. Have you read Tolstoy or Checkov? Pasternak?

Russia is up there for me, just because the three greatest writers, not named Shakespeare, that ever lived are from there. Their culture and history and society is fascinating. Russia is boring post-1920 (post-Czar Russia, really), but no one goes to Russia to see where Stalin lived (unless you’re a college student or some such).

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was fading away last night, my response may have been a little autopilotish. We just got blasted in NJ with some serious cold weather and some snow, temperatures are going back into the 40s now. I don't know if i could deal with 67 inches of snow annually in Jackson Hole, your probably better off not having moved there.
https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/jackson/wyoming/united-states/uswy0088
Actually, that was what started my interest in that area years ago :D

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Actually, that was what started my interest in that area years ago :D
You ski im guessing? I never been skiing, too old with withering bones to learn now, but i was thinking about renting a snowmobile while i'm in WY/ID. Will be doing some research sometime soon on snowmobiling. I'm guessing snowmobiling is similar to riding a wave runner but not really.