Travis Frederick has Guillain Barre Syndrome

Fontaine

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't read the entire thread, but has there been any discussion on Fred's possible return? I'd imagine midway through the season if everything goes well for him?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrong again.

Why would you argue this -- I do these tests and manage thyroid patients every day.

Proper thyroid mgt should include free T4, free T3, and TSH. Status of anti-thyroid antibodies also must be known. There is seldom any one test that totally dictates treatment, rather the patien's own symptom-free normal range, historical individual dosing based on absorption variables, and concomitant medications are all necessary considerations.

Essentially every complex product developed has had to be proven before being accepted and routinely used, by several scientists, techs, engineers, etc. We should only be comfortable with a product after such safety and efficacy has been objectively proven, and medicine does an excellent job of that.

An "alternative" doctor is one whose practice does not follow established scientific foundation.
Your example of fibromyalgia is no different than many other medical dilemmas that do not have a definitive cure or palliation. If that frustrates or even angers patients, then they may indeed feel that the system has failed them, and so they seek help elsewhere. In the example above, several categories of medication are capable of improving pain and debility, but they may not be as successful or as well-tolerated as desired.

In FredBeard's case of GBS, his minor early presentation and rapid access to treatment bodes well for a speedy complete recovery.
But there's no guarantee, and that's not what we want to hear. If he has any permanent nerve damage (rare), there will probably be folks who say his care was mismanaged.

Nothing in life is certain.

There are guys that mow yards everyday. That does not mean they all do it the way I want my yard mowed.

The fact that you or anybody does something everyday is meaningless. The bottom 10% and top 10% of GPs probably order Thyroid tests everyday. The fact that you do it does not tell me if you are in the top 10% or bottom 10% or in the middle.

Most Doctors only order TSH and sometimes T4 initially. Many have no clue about the range and just go by the range provided by the lab.

I used fibromyalgia as an example because initially most Doctors said it was nonsense but now it's a recognized condition by a large number of Doctors.

By alternative, I don't mean Doctors that are breaking rules, just the ones that are open to a non-mainstream approach.

I'l sign off with two words...Jaylon Smith.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
There are guys that mow yards everyday. That does not mean they all do it the way I want my yard mowed.

The fact that you or anybody does something everyday is meaningless. The bottom 10% and top 10% of GPs probably order Thyroid tests everyday. The fact that you do it does not tell me if you are in the top 10% or bottom 10% or in the middle.

Most Doctors only order TSH and sometimes T4 initially. Many have no clue about the range and just go by the range provided by the lab.

I used fibromyalgia as an example because initially most Doctors said it was nonsense but now it's a recognized condition by a large number of Doctors.

By alternative, I don't mean Doctors that are breaking rules, just the ones that are open to a non-mainstream approach.

I'l sign off with two words...Jaylon Smith.

Smith is not an example of non-mainstream medicine.

If your goal is disrespect, mission accomplished.

Carter

Reaction score
Wow talk about over reaction...we lose one guy that was part of the top 5 we were counting on and suddenly were a top 10 pick, meaning 6 or fewer wins?

God help us if we lose two more of them, based on your math we could be negative in the wins coloum

As far as seeing the Backups we have that might be a good bet