Tre Boston

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Look at what happened with Runningbacks. They used to get paid more and respected more. NFL teams decided its a qb league and collectively undervalued them. If a few teams do the same with abs and refuse to pay more than 20 million and actually win doing that, other teams will copy. No players is worth 20 million. The Saints sucked for about 5 years because they gave Brees 20+ million. They lost good players because they couldn't afford them.
Great business men are trend setters.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Its disgusting that the sea hawks Defense and Marshawn Lynch elevated them to the playoffs and ultimately won then a championship. They rewarded the qb and changed the team. They haven't won since and have to let go of stars.
If the strength of your team is the defense, dont over pay the qb. If he leaves , get another solid qb and do the same with them. You'll see a change in the league.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Won't happen until after May 12. They aren't giving up that 4th round comp pick for anyone.
They will see how the draft unfolds. Then sign some camp FA’s right before the draft.
Will see what they have in OTA’s and mini camps.

Then if they sign Boston he will compete with any draft picks as well.
I think you are both on to something here. I think if we dont add talent to the S position we will likely sign a vet after the draft. There are still several starting caliber players out there

You really want to add to the position in the draft. However sometimes the draft doesn't play out that way. Look at the HB position in the 2015 draft

JustChip

Reaction score
I hate how everyones all on the eagles after winning their first ever Super Bowl in a year where Goodell had it in for Jerry and the cowboys. Guys are willing to play for less. What happens when the eagles miss the playoffs again?
Guys will view the team differently. What happens if they stop getting clutch sack fumbles to win games?

I'm sorry it went down like this, and someone had to lose, it's the nature of the business, it's the Cowboys Fan blues.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Who you pay depends on what you want to do. You could say Jerry overpaid for Deion, because they only won 1 SB with him. On the other hand you could say since the SB is the championship, and only comes around once a year, then it was worth it.

In 2016-17 the Saints paid Brees $24.5 million and what did they get? 3rd in the NFC South. That certainly wasn't worth it, but hey! he won a SB, so he's got to be worth it, right?

The NFL salaries are just crazy...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Boston may well be in play once the safety market settles but he's not getting 9.5 from us.

We see this happen time to time as the market as a position never settles. Guys overplay their hand then end up needing to take 1 year deals.
Blame this on 2 things:
1. Earl Thomas. He's easily the best safety "available" Teams aren't going to pay ET money to anyone else.
2. Modern defenses are playing a lot of single safety looks. Using nickel corners or nickel backers more and a true 2nd safety less. Since teams need less safeties on the roster they all lose value.

You can for instance split snaps of Scandrick and a nickel LB(or a kavon frazier box safety) as your extra safety.
You can draft these guys in rounds 4-6. Can get 2 of them cheap. Why pay 9M per??

I suspect a lot of these safeties end up taking 1 year deals to reboot the market. Maybe Boston gets 5m with some incentives.
Then he tries again next year for a long term deal.