Tremaine Edmund's 40 Times

DanA

Reaction score
No, a RB runs a wheel route and Edmunds doesn't jam him or cut him off but rather runs with him downfield. Run downfield with a TE on a seam route. Catch up to a WR running in the open field.

I have seen plenty of short area burst within 20 yards. Nothing beyond that.

Got it. So you want me to show evidence of Edmunds playing as a safety. That'll be tough, it'd be unusual to ask a 6'5 250lbs player to do that, it's not something I think many DC would want to do even with box safeties let alone a LB. On the rare occasions that you'd have LB do that, it'll likely be a hybrid guy like Deion Jones, and most probably protected over the top by a safety so still wouldn't qualify by that criteria. Don't quite get how not being a hybrid Safety makes him SAM only though. Was RoMac a SAM only LBer? That's not how I saw it.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Never watched any tape on him but 4.54 seems pretty fast for a LB. Unless the LB is a freak of an athlete its a mismatch for him to be covering a WR or RB anyways. But the one thing is Edmunds is very young and is growing and will develop more physically.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
You can act incredulous all you like. All that tells me is that you cannot come up with what I am talking about nor can you understand why all players train for the 40 yard dash.

I don't know if you're playing daft or not. Stop with the straw men.