Tremaine Edmund's 40 Times

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

What more needs to be said. It's not my fault you guys don't understand the import of every prospect training extensively for the sprint.

You: If it was that easy everyone would train for it.
Me: Every prospect does train for the run.
You: Tell more.

Nothing more needs to be said.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I said that if Edmunds ran a 4.7 40 then he would not be a good fit for us because he would have poor range for what we ask our LB to do.

People got all upset about that and started saying that I was claiming he only ran a 4.7 and other nonsense.

I did say that from looking at him pursue plays downfield that I felt that a 4.7 was a possible time he could run. IOW, I think it likely but it is simply a projection from watching him chase WR and their relative speeds.

Well apparently I am not alone.

Dane Brugler and Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout project him running between a 4.7 and 4.9.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1002839&draftyear=2018&genpos=OLB

Walterfootball has him projeted to run a 4.71

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2018OLB.php

Edmunds needs to go to a 3-4 team. I do see him doing well in the iron triangle metrics.

Oh and all the people trying to pile on. This was the post where I clarified my position.

I think you guys struggle with the idea of probabilities given uncertainty. I never guaranteed a 40 time, I just said he doesn't look that fast on tape. He doesn't. I showed a half dozen examples of guys separating from him in space. I've gotten nothing but a highlight reel which did not show what was wanted in response.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Actually if you take someone without any track experience have him run a 40 and then train him by a track coach for 4 months and have him do it again you can shave well over that amount. How they come out of their stance and transition to full stride is most of it but there is a reason why they train like that.

All his patented hallmarks are here...

• Forwarding his unsubstantiated opinion as fact
  • Making misinformed claims to knowledge (see “Media scout Joe Blow predicts he runs X time too, so that means I'm right!”)
  • Totally disregarding evidence of the contrary
  • [Then, the inevitable discrediting of his claim]
  • His lame attempts to repackage his claim in an effort to save face (see the standard “I wasn’t wrong, you just lack imagination” bit)
  • Empty posturing ("welcome to my ignore list") as if anyone gives two dueces
Loool, tell me I don't have this guy's schtick down to a science...

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Wrong about what? That he would run better than 4.65? Sure. I did that as soon as it happened.

I still have not seen him catching anyone in space. A lot of sideline to sideline stuff and other short are burst.

• Forwarding his unsubstantiated opinion as fact
  • Making misinformed claims to knowledge (see “Media scout Joe Blow predicts he runs X time too, so that means I'm right!”)
  • Totally disregarding evidence of the contrary
  • His lame attempts to repackage his claim in an effort to save face (see the standard “I wasn’t wrong, you just lack imagination” bit)

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What more needs to be said. It's not my fault you guys don't understand the import of every prospect training extensively for the sprint.

• [...]

Last edited:

ConceptCoop

Reaction score

You: If it was that easy everyone would train for it.
Me: Every prospect does train for the run.
You: Tell more.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Not even close. Show me once where I said every prospect doesn't train for the 40 and I'll cash out my 401K and write you a check for the balance. Otherwise, apologize for lying.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Wrong about what? That he would run better than 4.65? Sure. I did that as soon as it happened.

I still have not seen him catching anyone in space. A lot of sideline to sideline stuff and other short are burst.

:lmao:

Sideline to sideline, as if that happens outside of space somehow.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I'd agree with this. He seems slow to read and relies .

But with a 19 year old LB who's got the scariest size-speed combo at LB since Urlacher, I'm willing to swing for the fences on the upside.
Vander Esch has a better size speed combo than urlacher as well. I’m wondering the difference btw Edmunds and Esch

DanA

Reaction score
Disagree with the notion of him having 2nd round tape. He had excellent production and to me his athleticism jumped off the tape. I immediately knew Fuzzy’s 4.8 was full of crap.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
:lmao:

Sideline to sideline, as if that happens outside of space somehow.

It's less than 20 yards from the hash to the sideline. There is a reason that area is called the flat and not out in space. There is a reason that Wilson can play SAM but he cannot play behind the los. They are the same reason.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Disagree with the notion of him having 2nd round tape. He had excellent production and to me his athleticism jumped off the tape. I immediately knew Fuzzy’s 4.8 was full of crap.

You aren't very good at reading.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not even close. Show me once where I said every prospect doesn't train for the 40 and I'll cash out my 401K and write you a check for the balance. Otherwise, apologize for lying.

I never said that you claimed that. You aren't very good at reading either.

You did make the arguments that I attributed to you. It's great that you recognize the fact they all do train for the 40; you just don't understand the significance of them all training for the 40. I'll help more: why do you think they all train for the 40? Could it be to improve their time?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Exactly.

What you're seeing now is a patented fuzzy hallmark of pivoting and staking claim to another falsehood; in this case that Edmunds' training resulted in him shaving tenths off his 40 time.

This of course is just an obvious and feigned tactic to cling onto his original unsubstantiated claim of Edmunds' being a 4.75 guy.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I never said that Edmunds had run a 40 time before; I even reposted the post where I clarified it before the combine. The strawmen are cute but unfounded. I've been calling you guys out over it for weeks yet you blithely repeat yourselves.

I have also never said that Edmunds was able to shave anything off his 40 time. I was just arguing that the players train for the event for a reason and there is no proof that it does not help them. That and using the "if it worked they would all do it" argument against those that made it the other way.

DanA

Reaction score
I never said that Edmunds had run a 40 time before; I even reposted the post where I clarified it before the combine. The strawmen are cute but unfounded. I've been calling you guys out over it for weeks yet you blithely repeat yourselves.

I have also never said that Edmunds was able to shave anything off his 40 time. I was just arguing that the players train for the event for a reason and there is no proof that it does not help them. That and using the "if it worked they would all do it" argument against those that made it the other way.

It’s more your analysis. You saw a 4.7-4.8 guy on tape. I never understood that and still don’t.