Tremaine Edmund's 40 Times

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It’s more your analysis. You saw a 4.7-4.8 guy on tape. I never understood that and still don’t.

And I am still waiting for footage of him covering guys downfield or catching guys out in space. I showed near a dozen plays where gusy ran away from him in space. It should not be hard to understand. Agreeing is one thing understanding is something completely else.

And again you struggle with the idea of probable outcomes given uncertainty. I put the over/under on his time at 4.7. I did not speak with certainty that he would run any particular time. I even acknowledged that a 4.5 range run was possible. I of course said that a 4.8 range was possible too and of course that is what you fixated on.

DanA

Reaction score
And I am still waiting for footage of him covering guys downfield or catching guys out in space. I showed near a dozen plays where gusy ran away from him in space. It should not be hard to understand. Agreeing is one thing understanding is something completely else.

And again you struggle with the idea of probable outcomes given uncertainty. I put the over/under on his time at 4.7. I did not speak with certainty that he would run any particular time. I even acknowledged that a 4.5 range run was possible. I of course said that a 4.8 range was possible too and of course that is what you fixated on.

I don’t cut up tape so I’m never going to supply the evidence you’re looking for. And I think you’re cherry picking your comments. That was one comment you made, it wasn’t the only one.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
-\•

Dude, just shut up, lol.

The ENTIRE premise of this thread YOU created hinged on the claim he (Edmunds) "looks like "a 4.7 guy."

Then, laughably, you provided projected 40 time estimates from media scouts in a lame attempt to substantiate that very claim and thinking you were proving the posters who said otherwise wrong.

So all this reframing by you is equal parts hilarious and pathetic.

Like BrainPaint was effectively saying...shut up and take the "L" already.

Last edited:

DanA

Reaction score
If he runs a 4.7 then it doesn't matter he won't be able to hang with NFL RB and TE much less receivers. His upside in our system is at SAM.

This was the post that started it all and was in response to someone saying Edmunds was 19 y.o and a beast.

Am I missing something? Are you not saying it doesn’t matter how young he is or good he looks if he’s slow. Are you not limiting him to SAM based of an expectation of a 4.7 forty?

My response was “I don’t know where the notion of a 4.7 forty came from, that he projects as a top 5 athlete at the combine.”

You then started a thread about it quoting some random site with loose affiliation with Dane Brugler backing up your 4.7-4.8 claim. Of which almost nobody agreed.

We all watched the tape and saw a superior athlete. You saw a 4.7 guy that was essentially replacing Wilbur.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This was the post that started it all and was in response to someone saying Edmunds was 19 y.o and a beast.

Am I missing something? Are you not saying it doesn’t matter how young he is or good he looks if he’s slow. Are you not limiting him to SAM based of an expectation of a 4.7 forty?

My response was “I don’t know where the notion of a 4.7 forty came from, that he projects as a top 5 athlete at the combine.”

You then started a thread about it quoting some random site with loose affiliation with Dane Brugler backing up your 4.7-4.8 claim. Of which almost nobody agreed.

We all watched the tape and saw a superior athlete. You saw a 4.7 guy that was essentially replacing Wilbur.

Speak for yourself. You hardly get to speak for "all." I pointed out respected draft sites, nfldraftscout and walterfootball, that felt the same as I. Again it's not as if I was out on some limb by myself for all the groupthink going on here.

And yes if he is slow then he is going to be a liability in coverage. I fail to see how his age has anything to do with that. You contending he would be faster at 20 or something?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don’t cut up tape so I’m never going to supply the evidence you’re looking for. And I think you’re cherry picking your comments. That was one comment you made, it wasn’t the only one.

You don't know how to queue up times on youtubes? Or to look up prospects on draftbreakdown?

And it helps if you are going to make the cherry picking argument to actually show what I wrote that I left out.

DanA

Reaction score
Speak for yourself. You hardly get to speak for "all." I pointed out respected draft sites, nfldraftscout and walterfootball, that felt the same as I. Again it's not as if I was out on some limb by myself for all the groupthink going on here.

And yes if he is slow then he is going to be a liability in coverage. I fail to see how his age has anything to do with that. You contending he would be faster at 20 or something?

Yes he will likely be stronger/faster at 20.

DanA

Reaction score
You don't know how to queue up times on youtubes? Or to look up prospects on draftbreakdown?

And it helps if you are going to make the cherry picking argument to actually show what I wrote that I left out.

No, never looked into it. I just watch the players. I do watch a fair bit of draft breakdown footage but that doesn’t mean I’m going back and cutting it up to find the play that shows he’s a 4.55 guy, I knew 4.7 was wrong from watching him play.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, never looked into it. I just watch the players. I do watch a fair bit of draft breakdown footage but that doesn’t mean I’m going back and cutting it up to find the play that shows he’s a 4.55 guy, I knew 4.7 was wrong from watching him play.

It's not very hard. If nothing esle you could post the video and give time stamps. All I see is that you cannot back up what you claim and instead invoke the opinions of others as if a bandwagon makes something true.

So let's be clear: you think you have seen footage of Edmunds covering guys downfield and catching people running out in space?

DanA

Reaction score
STronger maybe but faster? I don't buy that.

Well speed is a function of strength to weight ratio. Especially over short distances. Maybe not, Edmunds is a man child compared to most 19 y.o but I wouldn’t bet against it.

DanA

Reaction score
It's not very hard. If nothing esle you could post the video and give time stamps. All I see is that you cannot back up what you claim and instead invoke the opinions of others as if a bandwagon makes something true.

So let's be clear: you think you have seen footage of Edmunds covering guys downfield and catching people running out in space?

He’s a LB not a corner. He does LB things in coverage at a good level for a LB. I like him better at the line of scrimmage but I never saw a guy too slow to cover and I absolutely saw him catch people bouncing outside into space.

If I’ve got the time I’ll post footage on the weekend that supports it. But that’s a bit of work I don’t have time to do at the minute, sorry.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I never said that you claimed that. You aren't very good at reading either.

You did make the arguments that I attributed to you. It's great that you recognize the fact they all do train for the 40; you just don't understand the significance of them all training for the 40. I'll help more: why do you think they all train for the 40? Could it be to improve their time?

You completely missed the point or are purposely pivoting. You don't get to pretend that Edmund's 40 time was inflated because it's "easy" to shave 0.1 off of it. His 40 time is compared to others who trained (and hypothetically shaved 0.1 off of their times), so the baseline is unchanged.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You completely missed the point or are purposely pivoting. You don't get to pretend that Edmund's 40 time was inflated because it's "easy" to shave 0.1 off of it. His 40 time is compared to others who trained (and hypothetically shaved 0.1 off of their times), so the baseline is unchanged.

Pivoting? Someone else made the argument about the 40 time being able to be improved on. The argument you are claiming was never made by anyone. Your chasing windmills, Don. The point you are making is fantasy.

At the same time all players do train to improve their 40 time. We don't know how effective it is. Making claims one way or another is a waste of time.

Still no evidence of him chasing down players in anything other than short areas on the field. Still no evidence of him covering anything but short zones.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He’s a LB not a corner. He does LB things in coverage at a good level for a LB. I like him better at the line of scrimmage but I never saw a guy too slow to cover and I absolutely saw him catch people bouncing outside into space.

If I’ve got the time I’ll post footage on the weekend that supports it. But that’s a bit of work I don’t have time to do at the minute, sorry.

LB are routinely asked to cover slot receivers, TE, and RB. If a RB runa wheel route to his size of the field there are route combinations that take away helps same witht he TE seam, and slot go That is doubly true for LB who line up behind the los.

And no one ever argued he didn't have the burst to reach the sideline.

DanA

Reaction score
LB are routinely asked to cover slot receivers, TE, and RB. If a RB runa wheel route to his size of the field there are route combinations that take away helps same witht he TE seam, and slot go That is doubly true for LB who line up behind the los.

And no one ever argued he didn't have the burst to reach the sideline.

So just to clarify. Having a RB run a wheel route and Edmunds make a short yardage tackle, PD or TFL is something you’ve never seen him do and the type of evidence tou’re looking for?

Likewise with him tracking a jet sweep and covering a TE.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
So just to clarify. Having a RB run a wheel route and Edmunds make a short yardage tackle, PD or TFL is something you’ve never seen him do and the type of evidence tou’re looking for?

Likewise with him tracking a jet sweep and covering a TE.

No, a RB runs a wheel route and Edmunds doesn't jam him or cut him off but rather runs with him downfield. Run downfield with a TE on a seam route. Catch up to a WR running in the open field.

I have seen plenty of short area burst within 20 yards. Nothing beyond that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You can act incredulous all you like. All that tells me is that you cannot come up with what I am talking about nor can you understand why all players train for the 40 yard dash.

Nah, it just means you're insanely intellectually dishonest which has always been your calling card.

This thread was great. Maybe you'll think alittle more before you start flapping your message board gums.