Trent Dilfer: If Cowboys fire Garrett, he'll be No. 1 candidate NFL Jobs for

CWR

Reaction score
I've often wondered how JG would do in a typical organization instead of this one with Jerry's meddling.

Either way I predict JJ hires JG into the front office.

I could believe hed have a chance somewhere else, but I've watch his mental gaffes a hundred times. I dont think any organizational structure changes that.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Ten years in and Garett STILL doesn’t understand clock management , he keeps the best receiver on the team on the bench on a last play , he doesn’t go for a yard when he should , he’s a complete disaster . He is a TERRIBLE game day coach, he’s more an observer .

Pete Carroll never learns end-game strategy, but he's still a great coach. Garrett will be with next Carroll when he has a competent GM.

Hardline

Reaction score
If Garrett was the #1 candidate for another head coaching job,, he wouldn't be losing this job.

Reactions: CWR

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He’s incredibly well regarded in NFL coaching/GM circles. And the fact is there are not a lot of coaches available with 3-4 division titles on their resume.

He has missed the playoffs 7 times in 10 years.

Missing the playoffs 70% of the time makes you well regarded and the number one candidate for jobs around the league?

Seriously?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Cowboys fans:

"$40 million a year is the going rate for a starting QB who has won 2 divisional titles and is 39-24 over the past 4 years. We have NO choice but to pay Dak."

Cowboys fans:

"Our head coach is 39-24 and has won 2 divisional titles the past 4 years. Let's fire him immediately. He sucks. He's a loser."

:lmao::muttley:
Who are the idiots saying we need to pay Dak $40 a year:huh:

6 of our 8 wins are against teams picking in the top 5 of the draft and you think we are going to pay Dak $40 mill:lmao2:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Who are the idiots saying we need to pay Dak $40 a year:huh:

6 of our 8 wins are against teams picking in the top 5 of the draft and you think we are going to pay Dak $40 mill:lmao2:

I’m with you on this but there are a good many people on this forum with the mindset I just described

The reasoning ranges from they think he’s actually worth it, to some people who may not be so sure but they are more afraid of the unknown and they have convinced themselves that $40 million is the “going rate” For a quarterback of Prescott skill set