Video: Trevon Diggs & Micah Parson Can Make This Defense Elite | All 22

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
trending in the right direction yes but there are too many weaknesses to think elite. Stopping the run has been much better but I still feel we could come up against a strong run first team and see what we are made of. The Vikings game soon will be a test with Cook. I guess seeing how we stand up against Ravens or Tennessee would be interesting.

Against the pass, we've been ok at best. Diggs has been terrific but even he has moments getting torched. We really have nothing at CB2 and are playing a waiting game on Joseph.........he may be that player but who knows.

Safety is better but the bar was low. I'd like to think Hooker gets fitter and takes a spot soon but that's still hope rather than anything else.

When we have Lawrence and Gallimore back, we can reassess but I still think we need S, CB and DT before we can start thinking about the D being elite.

Having said all that, I'll take where we are now, it's way better and maybe "good enough" to compliment the O and take us far.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why do people always want to leave the DT and S position out of the convo? Osa and having NFL quality S's are prolly the biggest factors for our D improving.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Both are on their way to becoming elite players.

I think the difference right now is roster depth and Quinn has everyone buying in as a unit.....the complete opposite of what we were looking at a year ago.

I'll give a rare kudos to the powers that be for recognizing a mistake and getting it fixed this quickly.
Yeah Roster Depth is a problem in the Secondary at CB. if we loose Diggs we are done because our 2nd and 3rd CBs are basically 4th / 5th cbs on your roster. DE we seems to be ok so far rotating people in and DT we have reinforcements coming. but Secondary-CB is concerning.

The Natural

Reaction score
Why do people always want to leave the DT and S position out of the convo? Osa and having NFL quality S's are prolly the biggest factors for our D improving.
Safety is obviously much improved but I dont believe the tackles have truly been tested yet.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think there's enough talent for that yet. Maybe next year they can be one of the better ones.

One thing is, the turnovers have helped a ton and they aren't going to continue at this ridiculous rate all year.
Add DLAW and Gallimore and there will be plenty of talent on the defensive side.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What I see on many of the big plays it is not a man getting beat on the play it is blown assignment where there is not a defender any where close. Cowboys still play a lot of zone coverage and it is critical they are all on the same page and know their responsibility. In my view this is something that Quinn has talked about and something he feel certain can and will be corrected.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What I see on many of the big plays it is not a man getting beat on the play it is blown assignment where there is not a defender any where close. Cowboys still play a lot of zone coverage and it is critical they are all on the same page and know their responsibility. In my view this is something that Quinn has talked about and something he feel certain can and will be corrected.

Exactly.. I haven’t seen a whole lot of our guys just not having the ability. It’s busted coverages.

The defense looks good imo and can get better with Gallimore and Lawrence. If another corner like Wright or Joseph emerge than watch out.