Twitter: Trevon Diggs rehab. in the lab

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
What's all this "in the lab" talk about lately? This dude is having fun on some beach. The others were just working out. What lab?

Ben-Fletcher-sports-science-lab-2016.jpg
sportler-der-w%C3%A4hrend-biometrischer-tests-ein-heimtrainer-im-labor-f%C3%A4hrt.jpg

This is a (sports) lab.

Last edited:

cristglo

Reaction score
I think he looks pretty darn good running in sand and cutting. I don't see any reason that he should stay on PUP very long.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I see no doubts that this team will be counting on Diggs to make his comeback performances impressive ones. He's been one of our very best of the cornerbacks that we've had in recent years. His return will be one that demands his patience and tenacity to return to his former capabilities. Most of us will be expecting to see a successful return of Diggs, among our primary defenders in the defensive backfield. I'm expecting good defensive improvement in the upcoming season. The talent additions at linebacker and the OL should help considerably, also.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what his participation level is once camp begins.

doesn't need to be interesting at all we don't need to see him do much in camp or preseason as long as he's ready for game one I don't want to see the guy at all I mean didn't he get hurt early in the season last year we don't need to see a whole lot of veterans do a whole lot of anything this training can't tell you the truth nowadays training camp all these little camps they're not as important as they used to be for the veterans lot of these veterans know how to get in shape they have trainers long as they can work their way in the first couple games of the season that's all I care about that includes all the alleged holdouts and people you think are not gonna be here I don't need to see them but a week leading up to the season I want to hear about how hard they're practicing getting ready preparing to install the game plans for game one...

plymkr

Reaction score
Is it normal to be running on a beach after tearing up your knee? I remember about 20 years ago that RB from the Patriots injured his knee at the pro bowl by playing flag football on the beach. I thought beaches were pretty unsafe for knees.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Is it normal to be running on a beach after tearing up your knee? I remember about 20 years ago that RB from the Patriots injured his knee at the pro bowl by playing flag football on the beach. I thought beaches were pretty unsafe for knees.
Good memory, those touch football games in Hawaii.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what his participation level is once camp begins.

ok running in the sand has been proven to be 10x more harmful to your ligaments then standard running. yes it conditions you better but can put more strain on those ligaments. he's coming off a surgery someone should have told his this was a dumb idea.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bring back Gilly as depth and to cover ourselves. Seems like a no brainer.
I wouldn't call it a no brainer or he'd be out on another team already why hasn't he be signed by anyone I can tell you why the man is up in age coming off a big injury for someone who needs to tackle and get physical he's also asking for $10 million base salary,
there's a reason he's still sitting out there teams are probably want to sign him after week one if a team doesn't go after him sooner but I think the Dallas Cowboys would be smart to go to him and say I'll tell you what we'll give you 4 million base guaranteed but you can earn your $10 million in in many ways a playing time and not landing on IR and whatnot... So if they structured it right I'd be all for it but there's a reason guys like this at his age asking for that kind of money which is more than tyron Smith got he's still sitting out there that's a no brainer for anyone to realize that another team hasn't picked him up because I don't think he's gone in and be willing to show that he can tackle Paul and be hit in different angles and be OK you literally need to pass that kind of physical...

blueblood70

Reaction score
ok running in the sand has been proven to be 10x more harmful to your ligaments then standard running. yes it conditions you better but can put more strain on those ligaments. he's coming off a surgery someone should have told his this was a dumb idea.
Actually it's not a dumb idea because people are smarter than you they've been doing this longer than you that are professionals... this is how you do rehab.

this you're not gonna get your feet caught in the grass and you're not going to get your feet caught in fake turf and it's also very straining you get twice as much done with less risk but,

if he is limping there's a reason for it I'm 54 years old and I've had several knee surgeries one major one in 2018 and don't say it's different before you hear this I am a lifelong IE since I was 28 years old I've been wakeboarding and snowboarding and doing extreme sports and I'm also an HVAC contractor and I work in a lot of addicts here in Texas my job is definitely taxing on the body and I played sports in high school..

So rehab is not new to me and I can tell you right now there's things that will make you limp from working out but that doesn't mean you haven't came back from the injury correctly there's a lot of scar tissue in there there's a lot of non-mobility for length of time now when you try to get back on it you limp even if it's fully healed.. You have to push it during rehab in order to know you're gonna be ready for the regular season but soreness slight limps those come just from getting back out there and trying to get strength back in the area again there are things called scar tissue and the fact that it hasn't been worked that way in a while so you're trying to get through that you're going to have pain coming back even after you're 100% sometimes you go slip like you're so used to protecting that leg your brain makes you limp...​

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Playing in a sand box is a lot different than going up against an opponent's number receiver game after game. The real Diggs may not show up until the second half of the 2024 season, if we're lucky.

And I think we as fans will need to be patient and let him play through it. ACLS are hard to come by.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which means he'll struggle in 24, but in 25 he'll actually be ready and will have full confidence in his knee
Why? He can have a good season and not struggle. Why do some assume it will take 2 years.

Possibly OL can take a bit longer, because they are bearing more weight on it.