Trevon Diggs speaks on Cowboys DC opening

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Diggs is weak and stupid like Fredo. Anyone who watched this team get rag dolled by Green Bay and thinks that fool is gonna come back and help is delusional.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Diggs is weak and stupid like Fredo. Anyone who watched this team get rag dolled by Green Bay and thinks that fool is gonna come back and help is delusional.
He is but you didn't have to bring up his child

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Are you young, strong, hungry, smart, professional, dedicated, physical, accountable, dependable and collaborative? If so get the draft card in now. Is your last name Diggs? Hard pass.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I just don’t know how you sell the “team is close” “we are going all in” and “continuity” in bringing mm back and then hire al harris who has zero experience designing or calling a defense.

Zero experience doesn’t mean he will fail but it’s a huge risk for a coach who already failed bringing in his own coordinator once, whose in a lame duck year and a huge risk for the organization at this juncture. I like harris a lot I’m just not sure that’s the gamble I’d take right now.

It’s funny- the players want mm back and the board says “that’s because they know he’s a cup cake” and yet players want harris as dc and it’s “the players want him”, at least have some consistency
consistency on extremecowboyszone.com? surely you jest

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If you go out for another coordinator, then they have to start all over again. That's why I believe it comes from within. Quick and easy. Hope they,for once make the right call.
Jerry perchance is the path of least resistance lately.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Young and up and coming and the players seem to respond to him. Not a bad thought at all
My concern is that his ability to run an entire defense is completely unknown. If he’s been acting as Quinn’s number two and participating in the broad gameplanning I might consider it, but DC shouldn’t just be a personality contest.

I like Harris and definitely want him to say but I don’t think any of us know if he has the chops to be a DC yet.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Al Harris was the guy I thought should get the first crack at. He strikes me as a smart, fiery guy who the players respond to. Plus he’s young and probably isn’t as rigid as some of these older goats with scheme and calls.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
OMFG that little turd needs to shut the bleep up. He bails out in the playoffs when we need him. He holds out for more money first chance he gets. He can't even make it through training camp. His kid is annoying. His brother is annoying. Now he wants to pick the DC. Thanks goodness we can get out from under his foolish contract after next year.
Are you ok?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
"holds out for more money" -- Diggs never held out. He signed his deal July 25th. Camp didn't start until the 26th. The team wanted to get the extension done as it ultimately saves cap space to do it when a guy has a year left on his deal.

"wants to pick the DC" -- Gee, he loves his position coach. What a jerk.
I think he’s mad because Diggs talked ish to Dak during TC. I’m betting thats the issue.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I just don’t know how you sell the “team is close” “we are going all in” and “continuity” in bringing mm back and then hire al harris who has zero experience designing or calling a defense.

Zero experience doesn’t mean he will fail but it’s a huge risk for a coach who already failed bringing in his own coordinator once, whose in a lame duck year and a huge risk for the organization at this juncture. I like harris a lot I’m just not sure that’s the gamble I’d take right now.

It’s funny- the players want mm back and the board says “that’s because they know he’s a cup cake” and yet players want harris as dc and it’s “the players want him”, at least have some consistency
This right here. 100% facts. Dude has never been a coordinator in his life. This team don't need someone to be their buddy. They had that with Quinn. Go get someone who is going to hold them accountable for the play when needed.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He is the one who thrusts his kid in my face. You don't want people to say things about your kid stop sticking your kids in peoples face. Pretty simple IMHO.
You need to go talk to someone. This is a terrible, terrible take. He’s a smart, funny kid You’re the one out here talking crap about a child… a CHILD who has done nothing wrong but be a fun happy kid who is proud of his dad. I’m embarrassed for you.

LysleE

Reaction score
If Jerry wants to go “all in” I don’t think you want to do it with a first-year coordinator such as Al Harris…despite TD’s comments.
I mean nothing bad ever happen when the inmates are running the asylum…

slick325

Reaction score
There's definitely more stability from a coaching perspective in Washington. Al Harris has to consider the length of DQ's contract versus that of McCarthy's. Whitt, Jr. needs to as well. The lame duck status of McCarthy can come bite to bite them as it pertains to defensive coaches leaving the building.