Twitter: Trevon Wants Cowboys Nation To Help Get Stefon To Dallas

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Don’t really get the trevon hate really…. I get he doesn’t tackle and avoids contact which is hard to watch but he also has shut down some big time receivers for us in games we’ve won. Also has had big picks in games also. I know he’s getting a massive pay raise but he’s getting that because he performed damn good.

We had a guy here in Byron jones who didn’t get any interceptions but was a very solid corner- and people wanted more of a playmaker. You got him in diggs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, he was visibly upset with his QB and stormed out of the locker room because of the poor passes Allen was throwing.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
The cap on the cowboys portion wouldn't be an issue. They'd only pay the base rate which is basically 5 years 78 million with none of it guranteed.

The reason why it would never happen is because of the salary impact on Buffalos side. They'd have to eat a ton of dead money.
Mind boggling that a player like Trevon Diggs doesn't realize this fact.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I don't think he regressed. Ever since the new CBA, players can't hold out. Or it would be extremely unwise to hold out. So they negotiate in other ways. But if I'm wrong, he's not worth keeping at any price.
You didn’t notice a big drop off in contact/tackles? It was really obvious.

Flamma

Reaction score
You didn’t notice a big drop off in contact/tackles? It was really obvious.
Of course I noticed it. It was painfully obvious. As bad as it was, it was him saying he's not risking his body unless he's getting an extension. I'm all for trading him because of this. But we either have to trade him, or give him an extension.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Of course I noticed it. It was painfully obvious. As bad as it was, it was him saying he's not risking his body unless he's getting an extension. I'm all for trading him because of this. But we either have to trade him, or give him an extension.
It’s ridiculous. I think they should trade him. He will want a max deal and his character has shown to be sub par. Cut bait.

vlad

Reaction score
Would be funny if they sign Stefon but can no longer afford to sign Trevon.

Adreme

Reaction score
Significantly better? Yeah sure.
If someone gives up 30% fewer yards than last year while largely being matched up on the best player, that would undeniably be significant improvement yes.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If someone gives up 30% fewer yards than last year while largely being matched up on the best player, that would undeniably be significant improvement yes.
If you watched the games there was a dramatic drop in his physicality and the number of big plays he gave up. He had a big hand in the SF loss with a couple of plays he should have made. Passes defended was down 33% in 2022. INTs down to 3 from 11 in 2021. His passer rating when targeted was 60% higher this season. 5 tackles in the last 4 games made it pretty obvious he was avoiding contact. His catch rate allowed was 8 points higher this year. He was ranked 27th there in 2021. 60th last year. If you believe in PFF, not all do, he dropped off quite a bit in 2022. There is zero argument to be made that this was a better year for him.

Good player. Not a $30 million CB. Not even close.

Adreme

Reaction score
If you watched the games there was a dramatic drop in his physicality and the number of big plays he gave up. He had a big hand in the SF loss with a couple of plays he should have made. Passes defended was down 33% in 2022. INTs down to 3 from 11 in 2021. His passer rating when targeted was 60% higher this season. 5 tackles in the last 4 games made it pretty obvious he was avoiding contact. His catch rate allowed was 8 points higher this year. He was ranked 27th there in 2021. 60th last year. If you believe in PFF, not all do, he dropped off quite a bit in 2022. There is zero argument to be made that this was a better year for him.

Good player. Not a $30 million CB. Not even close.
Easily top 5 CB and anyone who knows football would agree so if that is your definition of good player not many teams have good players. The INTs going down was a symptom of him playing smarter and no longer biting on every double move. Teams were suddenly afraid to target him and he was shutting down the opposing teams number 1. The fact that teams are not throwing at him is a good thing. It means they do not see a chance to get a completion with their number 1 WR which is a very good thing. That is the number 1 job of a top CB and he could not do it last year but this year he did. It was an unquestioned massive improvement.

This is one of those times where people forget what the job of a CB is. When a QB is throwing at a CB it means he thinks there is something there. If he is not the coverage were on point and that means the CB won that play especially when covering a teams number 1 WR who will be the top option more often than not.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Easily top 5 CB and anyone who knows football would agree so if that is your definition of good player not many teams have good players. The INTs going down was a symptom of him playing smarter and no longer biting on every double move. Teams were suddenly afraid to target him and he was shutting down the opposing teams number 1. The fact that teams are not throwing at him is a good thing. It means they do not see a chance to get a completion with their number 1 WR which is a very good thing. That is the number 1 job of a top CB and he could not do it last year but this year he did. It was an unquestioned massive improvement.

This is one of those times where people forget what the job of a CB is. When a QB is throwing at a CB it means he thinks there is something there. If he is not the coverage were on point and that means the CB won that play especially when covering a teams number 1 WR who will be the top option more often than not.
Wait I thought your argument was that he was great in 2022? Stats don’t lie. Neither does the film. BTW he is not a top 5 CB. Based on this year he isn’t close.

Adreme

Reaction score
Wait I thought your argument was that he was great in 2022? Stats don’t lie. Neither does the film. BTW he is not a top 5 CB. Based on this year he isn’t close.
You are right that the stats do not lie and they show that he was both far better this year than last and that he was certainly a top 5 CB this year when he was not last year The stats show it, the film shows it, the accounts from other players and coaches show it. If you can put a corner on the number 1 WR and that guy is not getting targeted the corner is winning. That is quite simply what winning is. Defended passes and INTs are nice but the true measure of a top CB is the ability to put him on the opposing teams number 1 WR in one-on-one coverage and just have him be shutdown allowing the rest of the defense to shine either because the pass rush now has more time to get home or because they can put extra defenders on the other weapons and that is what was happening this year. It was not happening last year.

Proof

Reaction score
do you arch games or twitter? i can’t tell if this is a serious post