Trey Lance Averages 60 Rushing YPG When He Plays The Majority Of The Snaps

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If you play that out over a 17 game season it’s 1,020 rushing yards for the season.

He would’ve been 1st amongst QBs by 250 yards and 9th amongst RBs last year.

He would’ve been the Cowboys leading rusher last year.

Give. Him. A. Chance.

sbark

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is another guy who manages to run but not take unnecessary hits. It’s a must in todays NfL.
Agree, with speed of todays nfl defences, it absolutly is needed to be a threat in alot of schemes.
Brady could progress thru reads so well, they tbrived, mahomes can do both.

Key is to make good decisions when rolling out, running.....mahomes, Kelcie gives him a edge.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
He will have a chance to show us in preseason... but no matter how well he runs the ball, I dont think they will start him over Dak this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
1k rushing qb isn’t the solution to winning big games. Sorry

This doesn’t mean Lance isn’t the guy. Just not that style of play
Yeah I agree I don’t see a correlation between the two. I don’t need someone mobile I just need someone who runs when necessary. One of my biggest knocks on Josh Allen aside from the turnovers is he takes stupid hits. Play smart football. Lance doesn’t need to be Josh or Lamar.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
1k rushing qb isn’t the solution to winning big games. Sorry

This doesn’t mean Lance isn’t the guy. Just not that style of play
Lance being mobile is just another weapon to use to extend drives.

Dak might throw a bad incomplete pass on 3rd and 4 to end the drive while Lance might run it for 5 yards and pick up the 1st down.

JBS

Reaction score
Lance being mobile is just another weapon to use to extend drives.

Dak might throw a bad incomplete pass on 3rd and 4 to end the drive while Lance might run it for 5 yards and pick up the 1st down.
Yeah I don’t have a problem w that. That’s not the same as rushing for 1k yards

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t have a problem w that. That’s not the same as rushing for 1k yards
If we’re winning games, drives are being extended, and the defense is staying off the field why would 1k ish yards be a problem?

JBS

Reaction score
If we’re winning games, drives are being extended, and the defense is staying off the field why would 1k ish yards be a problem?
You been watching the nfl a long time. Why hasn’t a 1k yard rushing qb ever won anything ?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You been watching the nfl a long time. Why hasn’t a 1k yard rushing qb ever won anything ?
Only 3 QBs have ever done it in their career.

Only 1 of those 3 haven’t reached a conference championship in their career.

I don’t expect Lance to be the 4th to do it, but if he is and makes the conference championship then it was more success than any QB since Aikman.

Creeper

Reaction score
And when the Cowboys record is 3-14? Will there be calls to cut him? Will he be called trash and other names?

The problem with QB whose best attribute, or maybe only attribute, is they can run with the football is when the team falls behind and they have to throw the football. They they become a big joke.

JBS

Reaction score
Only 3 QBs have ever done it in their career.

Only 1 of those 3 haven’t reached a conference championship in their career.

I don’t expect Lance to be the 4th to do it, but if he is and makes the conference championship then it was more success than any QB since Aikman.
To win in the nfl , you have to win with your arm. That’s the point of the story

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And when the Cowboys record is 3-14? Will there be calls to cut him? Will he be called trash and other names?

The problem with QB whose best attribute, or maybe only attribute, is they can run with the football is when the team falls behind and they have to throw the football. They they become a big joke.
3-14 would put us in time position to draft a QB if that’s where Lance leads us.

Where’s the downside to giving him a chance?

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
100%.

It will extend drives.
I'm so excited to see him play in the pre-season all this junk about him changing his throwing motion...y'all forgot that MM changed Dak's whole footwork in a season and made him 2nd Team All-Pro

Ceedee Lamb was also turned into a 1st Team All Pro WR directly from the target share. Justin Jefferson and St. Brown are the only two similar age with the same accolades. Ceedee actually has more with 3x pro-bowl and 1x 2nd team all pro. MM needs to be given credit for this because even with KM downfield offense he was not able to unlock Ceedee to achieve this.

Stefon Diggs, Keenan Allen, Brandon Aiyuk, and Amari Cooper all have less accolades than our WR.