Trey Lance Averages 60 Rushing YPG When He Plays The Majority Of The Snaps

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Lance is probably our best runner. I would certainly like to see him in a goal line package.

NotForLong

Reaction score
His threat to run will open receivers and backs. That is why San Francisco drafted him so high. They thought he was Lamar. I don’t think he is frail. Just next to Dak every quarterback looks small in comparison. Lance is noticeably taller by a good 2 inches.
We will see. His bone structure seams smaller. I think he has smaller joints. Either way I do not expect Him to run as much.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If you play that out over a 17 game season it’s 1,020 rushing yards for the season.

He would’ve been 1st amongst QBs by 250 yards and 9th amongst RBs last year.

He would’ve been the Cowboys leading rusher last year.

Give. Him. A. Chance.
No!
We should aspire to greater talents, not those who've plateaued or have been cast off!

Let's keep our dignity by NOT resorting to might-be's or could-be's.

I am miffed enough to have me drinks x3. Serves you right if I get tiddly.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not to stomp on the parade but dude was a deer in the headlights in the NFL. He ran a lot because he couldn’t read or handle NFL defenses. I’m sure the game has slowed down for him. Hopefully Mac and Dak and Rush have taught him enough to have a career now.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If you play that out over a 17 game season it’s 1,020 rushing yards for the season.

Give. Him. A. Chance.
I'm a big fan of cheap, running QBs. Lance would be ideal as a developmental QB if we had him for a longer deal.
Run him, develop him, and *keep them coming*.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No offense but Lance has managed to get hurt every year he has gotten to play ... Exposing him to MORE hits doesn't really seem like a recipe for success. But I guess if you are forced to start a guy who has passed for less than 200 yards in all but one game in his career then you would have to lean on his running ability. Lance's rushing yards were largely a result of the fact that he, like most young QBs, was not ready to throw the ball against NFL defenses and taking off and running seemed like the only real option for him. Hopefully he has evolved beyond that with a full year of working with McCarthy, who is one of the best QB developers in the game. Time will tell. I'm anxious to see what he looks like in preseason.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

Give. Him. A. Chance.
Not.A.Big.Deal.
seriously if yore qb gets 1000 yards, its a BAD thing, not a good thing

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not.A.Big.Deal.
seriously if yore qb gets 1000 yards, its a BAD thing, not a good thing
Only 3 QBs have ever rushed for 1,000 yards in a season.

Only one of those 3 (Fields) have never made it to the Conference Championship.

Why’s it a bad thing to have another weapon in your arsenal?

starfan1

Reaction score
:lmao: the ABD crew strong with the Lance Love. honestly if he could accomplish half as much as being pimped by ABD crew well have a hall of famer. a shame hell be holding clipboard

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
:lmao: the ABD crew strong with the Lance Love. honestly if he could accomplish half as much as being pimped by ABD crew well have a hall of famer. a shame hell be holding clipboard
If he’s great then great. If he’s not the we get a high draft pick to get a QB.

It’s literally a no lose situation to give him a chance.

starfan1

Reaction score
If he’s great then great. If he’s not the we get a high draft pick to get a QB.

It’s literally a no lose situation to give him a chance.
lol he isnt even gonna see the field come regular season and if Cooper Rush is still here he may not dress all year. If he is to have a chance hell need to hope for an injury to one of the 2 ahead of him on roster or a Rush trade and absolutely ball out in camp. But hey you have to have something to hang on to so hang on to your Lance love. when your wrong as much as you have been you have to hang on to something.

The cowboys havent won jack with dak is the 1 thing your correct on . Nor with Romo nor with jerry since the salary cap era began so its kind of like me predicting it wil be 2 oclock twice in 24 hours.. If the changes the cowboys have made at linebacker, Oline and Defensive coordinator and some young guys develop then and only then will we be a QB away from winning it all.

And Im not convinced if the chips all fall well that the current QB cant get it done but I recognize hes part of the problem. Oh and I kind of agree with your Micah stance but well see if were right on that

Last edited: