Trey Lance Averages 60 Rushing YPG When He Plays The Majority Of The Snaps

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
lol he isnt even gonna see the field come regular season and if Cooper Rush is still here he may not dress all year. If he is to have a chance hell need to hope for an injury to one of the 2 ahead of him on roster or a Rush trade and absolutely ball out in camp. But hey you have to have something to hang on to so hang on to your Lance love. when your wrong as much as you have been you have to hang on to something.

The cowboys havent won jack with dak is the 1 thing your correct on . Nor with Romo nor with jerry since the salary cap era began so its kind of like me predicting it wil be 2 oclock twice in 24 hours.. If the changes the cowboys have made at linebacker, Oline and Defensive coordinator and some young guys develop then and only then will we be a QB away from winning it all.

And Im not convinced if the chips all fall well that the current QB cant get it done but I recognize hes part of the problem. Oh and I kind of agree with your Micah stance but well see if were right on that
Ugh, Dak fans.

Only 17 (hopefully less) more weeks of this nonsense.

starfan1

Reaction score
Ugh, Dak fans.

Only 17 (hopefully less) more weeks of this nonsense.
Ive been a cowboy fan most likely longer than youve been alive. Ill be a cowboy fan after dak is gone. when Dak gets an extension and you leave, the board improves day 1. If he doesnt get an extension Ill be just fine ill root for whoever is taking snaps thats the difference. Trolls will have to find a new trolling subject.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Lance is going to be a gem I feel. Give the guy a real opportunity to see what he can do.
He'll get his chance this preseason to show what he's got. I'm anxious to see if he has progressed as well. To be honest I don't care about his running. Pretty much all young, athletic QBs can run. What we need to see is can he PASS at an NFL level yet. When he puts that together with his ability to run then we'll have something. Up to this point he's a black Tim Tebow.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ive been a cowboy fan most likely longer than youve been alive. Ill be a cowboy fan after dak is gone. when Dak gets an extension and you leave, the board improves day 1. If he doesnt get an extension I’ll be just fine I’ll root for whoever is taking snaps thats the difference. Trolls will have to find a new trolling subject.
How long you’ve been a fan does not make you immune to spitting nonsense.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you play that out over a 17 game season it’s 1,020 rushing yards for the season.

He would’ve been 1st amongst QBs by 250 yards and 9th amongst RBs last year.

He would’ve been the Cowboys leading rusher last year.

Give. Him. A. Chance.
I'd pick Rodger over Fran......

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Especially in this case since he's not an elusive runner. More of a plowhorse type.
Reports out of 49er land was that he played much slower than his timed speed. I think he clocked in the 4.5s but they always complained that he never looked that fast on the field. Another example of why what guys do in their underwear shouldn't be given as much weight as it is. Some of it could be attributed to Lance being confused and indecisive but once you tuck it and run the only decision to be made should be how quickly can you get to the ground or out of bounds to avoid getting hit and going back on IR.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea he ran so much cause he sucks at throwing the ball. 31 attempts, 15 completions, 48.4% no thanks. I know small sample cause he got hurt, being a rushing QB will typically do that to ya but even the previous year when he started 6 games his completion % was only 57.7. Maybe he can beat up on pre-season trash enough to earn the backup spot....maybe.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Reports out of 49er land was that he played much slower than his timed speed. I think he clocked in the 4.5s but they always complained that he never looked that fast on the field. Another example of why what guys do in their underwear shouldn't be given as much weight as it is. Some of it could be attributed to Lance being confused and indecisive but once you tuck it and run the only decision to be made should be how quickly can you get to the ground or out of bounds to avoid getting hit and going back on IR.
Lance's only official 40 time was at the ESPN college combine where he ran a turtle-like 4.92 and a 4.51 20-yard shuttle.. The 4.5 time came from his personal trainer. BTW, Cooper Rush's 40 was 4.93 with a 4.47 shuttle

kskboys

Reaction score
He was known for running through contact in college. Prolly why he got hurt, that's not going to work in the NFL. Needs to learn to slide and to get out of trouble by passing, running only when necessary.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yea he ran so much cause he sucks at throwing the ball. 31 attempts, 15 completions, 48.4% no thanks. I know small sample cause he got hurt, being a rushing QB will typically do that to ya but even the previous year when he started 6 games his completion % was only 57.7. Maybe he can beat up on pre-season trash enough to earn the backup spot....maybe.
Very slow at processing info. No idea if that can be sped up or not.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lance doesn’t have 6 starts.

He has 4.

He only has 3 games where he got the majority of the QB snaps.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Lance's only official 40 time was at the ESPN college combine where he ran a turtle-like 4.92 and a 4.51 20-yard shuttle.. The 4.5 time came from his personal trainer. BTW, Cooper Rush's 40 was 4.93 with a 4.47 shuttle
Oh wow.. thanks for the info. No wonder the 49ers were surprised he didn't play like 4.5. He was never actually that fast. Not a big deal. QBs can play without great foot speed. They just better have very fast minds and a quick release.