Trey Lance can develop into the next Jordan Love

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You won't even make it to the playoffs with this Lance. He's years away from developing into a playoff capable type of QB. Plus, his contract is up after this season. When Dak signs another new contract in another week or two, you believe Lance is going to want to stick around and sign a cheap low pay contract extension? I say he will try his luck elsewhere where a team is in need of a starter...even if inexperienced and unproven.

plymkr

Reaction score
I hope we can keep him around for a couple years to develop him and then assess. Raiders game was encouraging after the stinker he dropped against the Rams. But let’s keep it in perspective. He needs work and reps. He needs to work on his accuracy and reading defenses on this level. I’ve said it several times I hope we can keep him after this year at a reduced salary to develop him. I hope Lance sees his best chance at starting in this league is to play backup and learn. Even if/when Dak signs an extension the most likely extension will be for 4 years. If Trey takes a backup role and contract with us and keeps developing this could be a good opportunity for him. Realistically Dak playing 4 more years and retiring or going somewhere else is probable considering that will be his 12th season in the league. I just hope Lance plays the long game and patience game with his career. I think he can be the heir apparent to Dak…..in 3 to 4 years.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have similar physical/athletic traits and arm talent. Lance really just needs reps. I'm not sure if winning 9 - 10 games and losing in the wild card round with Dak is the way to go.
You never know but what we are guaranteed is that Daktrash needs to be carried and will fail vs any team with a pulse.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You won't even make it to the playoffs with this Lance. He's years away from developing into a playoff capable type of QB. Plus, his contract is up after this season. When Dak signs another new contract in another week or two, you believe Lance is going to want to stick around and sign a cheap low pay contract extension? I say he will try his luck elsewhere where a team is in need of a starter...even if inexperienced and unproven.

I’m not sure I agree that he’s years away, AC. If we look at last week to this week he was much better. I think he just needs snaps to figure it out. He’s got the talent and athletic ability. Does he get an extension? I’m not sure. Worst case he’s received good coaching and he’s had a couple of QBs ahead of him who have helped mentor him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We managed to go 5-1 with Rush now why couldn't make the playoffs with Lance?
Quote(
When Dak signs another new contract in another week or two,
Unquote)

You are in for a rude awakening by kick-off as NO new deal to the inept fraud that you worship.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are not going to the playoffs no matter who the QB behind center .

Might as well free ourselves from Dak and roll with Lance/Rush.
Even if Lance looks promising we still should draft a top QB and create a healthy competition. ALA Aikman/Walsh .
Then we may end up with 2 starters and can trade one for a king's ransom, recouping our draft pick.

That's the road back to the Super Bowl, and the real Dallas Cowboys.

Retro88

Reaction score
We are not going to the playoffs no matter who the QB behind center .

Might as well free ourselves from Dak and roll with Lance/Rush.
Even if Lance looks promising we still should draft a top QB and create a healthy competition. ALA Aikman/Walsh .
Then we may end up with 2 starters and can trade one for a king's ransom, recouping our draft pick.

That's the road back to the Super Bowl, and the real Dallas Cowboys.
This has to be an attempt at satire, lol

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I hope we can keep him around for a couple years to develop him and then assess. Raiders game was encouraging after the stinker he dropped against the Rams. But let’s keep it in perspective. He needs work and reps. He needs to work on his accuracy and reading defenses on this level. I’ve said it several times I hope we can keep him after this year at a reduced salary to develop him. I hope Lance sees his best chance at starting in this league is to play backup and learn. Even if/when Dak signs an extension the most likely extension will be for 4 years. If Trey takes a backup role and contract with us and keeps developing this could be a good opportunity for him. Realistically Dak playing 4 more years and retiring or going somewhere else is probable considering that will be his 12th season in the league. I just hope Lance plays the long game and patience game with his career. I think he can be the heir apparent to Dak…..in 3 to 4 years.
Trey isn’t getting a pay cut.

He’s be a Free Agent for less than a day.

He’s also been playing with scrubs.

A no win situation. Exactly what Dallas wants to see.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We managed to go 5-1 with Rush now why couldn't make the playoffs with Lance?
Quote(

Unquote)

You are in for a rude awakening by kick-off as NO new deal to the inept fraud that you worship.
Worship?

Talk about infatuation! ^^^^