Trey Lance Here is What They Thought About Him

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Here is what the think about you in 2021.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021...r-lawrence-justin-fields-trey-lance-mac-jones
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/trey-lance/32004c41-4e01-6787-f7d5-ee3cea053121

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-d...n-40-at-pro-day-leaning-on-tape-to-show-speed

I think the draft spotlight was to hot for Lance, youth, and inexperience were a negative. He flunked the Parcells QB draft test. However, He has an opportunity learn, to become something special versus Dak long term. Jonesboys fans hope 2020 Trey Lance challenges Dak or makes Dak departure quicker. However, he has never had a winning season in the NFL, much less won every year in the NFL except the injury year, QB the best regular season record in Cowboys history with Troy Aikman, has multiple Pro Bowls, and a rookie of the year award. So Trey Lance has a lot to prove. I hope he can...

...But Jerry Jones is still owner GM and Head Coach.

Lance is still only 23, keep him on the bench as a BU till he is 30, couldn't be any worse than what we have now.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He has talent no doubt but his age has alot of appeal too. He's got time to grow and digest the process of being a pro. Is he ready to come out of the oven yet? We won't know till it happens. Looks promising as any other lad that they have ever picked in the draft and they stole this one.
He is way behind schedule with zero to no experience, but he is young and has time. Those 2 don't go together.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
He is way behind schedule with zero to no experience, but he is young and has time. Those 2 don't go together.
There is a cutoff number that the Sirius radio guys used the other day to explain the number of starts one needs in college to be more ready for the nfl. I remember it was over 20 games if I recall right and Lance is way under that plus a small school product. Youth is on his side still yet.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There is a cutoff number that the Sirius radio guys used the other day to explain the number of starts one needs in college to be more ready for the nfl. I remember it was over 20 games if I recall right and Lance is way under that plus a small school product. Youth is on his side still yet.
There also is most likely a cutoff number for games played in HS for colleges before they offer a scholarships.

rambo2

Reaction score
It will be fun and interesting to see Lance in camp and playing this summer. How long has is been that we had a top 3 1st rounder in camp?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Within the first 10 throws the balls are behind the receivers. What did he do in the pros? Exact same crap
Many of t hose throws were just routes the WR just turned and looked - there was no "behind". He hit the target. I saw a couple that were behind, but no persistent problem

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lance is a great trade for Jerry. Now Jerry doesn't have to feel the pressure to draft a QB early. He will get support for turning to Lance if/when the time comes since he's young and was a former top 5 draft pick.

But he will ignore the fact that SF quickly found out that Trey can't read defenses and processes things too slow. So instead of wasting years, or even a decade hoping he will finally get it, they recognized their mistake and cut bait.

But now Jerry will gladly take that on while selling that Trey was a high first rounder. It's just a more marketable version of Drew Henson and Chad Hutchinson.
With Dak likely being extended there was never any pressure to draft a QB early. Pressure to draft a QB early is how we ended up with Quincy Carter. A lot of teams end up getting screwed feeling pressured to draft a QB early. Jerry will never turn to Lance unless something happens to Dak, assuming Lance becomes our backup. Jerry will never be able to sell anyone on Lance unless he proves he can play. SF had trouble selling him on anyone and had to settle for a 4th round pick. There’s a lot of high first round QBs that go bust and so far Lance has been a bust which is why he’s in Dallas. Jerry likes taking chances on highly touted QBs that became available. He took a chance on Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson and Ryan Leaf and they all failed.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he bothers me none, I have not seen him play in real NFL games. I am not scared if he plays great and threatens my beloved QB's job.
jerry would love that, it would be more news and questions from the press.

Aven8

Reaction score
Both Shanny and Lynch screwed the pooch on this one. They at leaset rectified the mistake. Having said that they lucked into Purdy like we did Romo and Dak

Chasing6

Reaction score
he bothers me none, I have not seen him play in real NFL games. I am not scared if he plays great and threatens my beloved QB's job.
jerry would love that, it would be more news and questions from the press.
No one really seen him play in HS or College either, but he has potential and he is going.

The Niners seen him the most and enough to get rid of him.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
No one really seen him play in HS or College either, but he has potential and he is going.

The Niners seen him the most and enough to get rid of him.
I don't really care about Lance.. if the Boys get a draft pick great.. if not.. meh

You keep saying about HS and College.. ok.. I get it and I get the 9ers got rid of him.

But someone, somewhere must have seen something at sometime.. otherwise how would he be taken so high in the draft?

If he was crap.. why were people projecting him to be a first rounder? what was it that made him a hot commodity?