Trey Lance Here is What They Thought About Him

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't really care about Lance.. if the Boys get a draft pick great.. if not.. meh

You keep saying about HS and College.. ok.. I get it and I get the 9ers got rid of him.

But someone, somewhere must have seen something at sometime.. otherwise how would he be taken so high in the draft?

If he was crap.. why were people projecting him to be a first rounder? what was it that made him a hot commodity?
Yes, the Niners did, before the didn't.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I am a Dak fan willing to say I think this is the Cowboys' best plan:

Restructure Dak for 2024; or give him an extension with only one or two years guaranteed. See what Lance can do this offseason, camp, and preseason. Play Lance all three exhibition games, every snap, because they know what Dak and Rush can do.

The tricky part comes in 2025. Dallas can exercise Lance's 5th year option, but that will be VERY expensive if he's still an unknown backup.

But another Dak postseason implosion could mean turning the reigns over to Lance in 2025 on that 5th year option could be the start of the new era.

Basically, give both QB's a one year audition, Dak in 2024 and, should Dak not lead a very deep run, move on to Lance in 2025.

khiladi

Reaction score
The same guy that thought Dak was a legend in making is the same guy who loves Trey.. let that sink in..

The only positive to this is that it may signal Jerry is ready to move on from Dak…

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Lance is a great trade for Jerry. Now Jerry doesn't have to feel the pressure to draft a QB early. He will get support for turning to Lance if/when the time comes since he's young and was a former top 5 draft pick.

But he will ignore the fact that SF quickly found out that Trey can't read defenses and processes things too slow. So instead of wasting years, or even a decade hoping he will finally get it, they recognized their mistake and cut bait.

But now Jerry will gladly take that on while selling that Trey was a high first rounder. It's just a more marketable version of Drew Henson and Chad Hutchinson.
He broke his leg and his hand.

GMO415

Reaction score
Drew Henson part two
giphy.gif

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Restructure Dak for 2024; or give him an extension with only one or two years guaranteed. See what Lance can do this offseason, camp, and preseason. Play Lance all three exhibition games, every snap, because they know what Dak and Rush can do.

The tricky part comes in 2025. Dallas can exercise Lance's 5th year option, but that will be VERY expensive if he's still an unknown backup.

But another Dak postseason implosion could mean turning the reigns over to Lance in 2025 on that 5th year option could be the start of the new era.

Basically, give both QB's a one year audition, Dak in 2024 and, should Dak not lead a very deep run, move on to Lance in 2025.
That’s a nice plan, but the 2024 cap hit on Dak is too high.

Plus Dak is a fraud in the playoffs.

The best play is to just cut Dak and start Lance.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
That’s a nice plan, but the 2024 cap hit on Dak is too high.

Plus Dak is a fraud in the playoffs.

The best play is to just cut Dak and start Lance.
They can fix the cap hit for 2024 by restructure or extension.

Like I said, do the extension but make the last few years voidable. Protects the team and allows Dak an out since I think he feels he is wearing out his welcome in Dallas.

Jimbo123

Reaction score

Basically, give both QB's a one year audition, Dak in 2024 and, should Dak not lead a very deep run, move on to Lance in
Why would Dak agree to a 1 or 2-year extension? (that ain't happening). Lance's 5th year option would have to be exercised BEFORE next season (that ain't happening)

Chasing6

Reaction score

Sounds great, by would Dak agree to that? His next contract will by 5 years. No way he signs a 1 or 2 year extension.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They can fix the cap hit for 2024 by restructure or extension.

Like I said, do the extension but make the last few years voidable. Protects the team and allows Dak an out since I think he feels he is wearing out his welcome in Dallas.
Doesn’t fix. Just kicks it down the road.

AND they have to pay more mega millions to Dak.

Hard pass.

We seen enough of Dak.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Doesn’t fix. Just kicks it down the road.

AND they have to pay more mega millions to Dak.

Hard pass.

We seen enough of Dak.
They can work the deal so he gets most of his money early when they know he's still playing for them. Yes, a big chunk gets pushed down the road, but with the cap increase every year that dead money gets less significant each season.

Dallas had dead money in 2023 as well and still had over $20 million of cap space. They just chose not to spend it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They liked Romo too. If Lance can beat him out I'm sure they'd be all for it but again, I'll believe it when I see it.
Rush can be cut to save cap space. Lance can not. Lance will be our back up next year by default.

We will have a much better chance of trading Rush than Lance.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What has he done, other than being drafted 3rd, to make you think he's a phenom? In no world, is a 3rd-string scrub team QB, a phenom.
He is tremendous at holding clip boards, best I have seen in recent memory.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry’s addicted to reclamation projects. That’s why we end up with horrible people like Greg Hardy and Pac-Man Jones. That’s why we always draft oddly in round 2 taking injured guys who dropped. Jerry’s dream is for other GMs to sit around in awe of his expertise.
And that is more important to him than winning a super bowl.