Trey Lance keeps missing his mark

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Trey Lance keeps missing his targets.

Early today this happened.

It's easy to praise the DB with a pass break-up when your QB keeps throwing the football way behind his receiver.

SMH

Against the Raiders this past weekend, Trey Lance played much better than he did against the Rams the previous week (I won't show clips on that Rams game in order not to pile on Trey Lance). He made a lot of good plays with his arm and feet. But...he still misses his mark badly on a lot of throws which should be much easier to make for a 4th year NFL QB...

Lastly, we can see how badly Lance was in practice with no pressure 4 years ago with the 49ers. Badly missing his target.

It's year 4 and one has to wonder how much longer will it take for Trey Lance to become more consistent at hitting his targets (receivers) in stride or in between the numbers?

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
After 4 years as a pro when do we start questioning his training habits? He has access to the best qb coaches and trainers in the world and he's still struggling with the little things. Somethings not clicking.

stiletto

Reaction score
Proof or not will be in the next game but I'm objectively skeptical of him being able to be a "good" or even "average" passer after the first two games. My eyes aren't lyin'...

khiladi

Reaction score
BTW, I’d like to see the other 3 pass breakups. Nowhere in that statement does it indicate the only victim of Eric Scott’s pass breakups was Trey Lance. For all we know, the other 3 could have been Dak, who is standing right behind Lance on that Dak-like throw…

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
A vid. of a crap route, a dropped pass vid. with analysis from Captain isp, and a vid. from 4 years ago. Really and why?

You should be proud.

CWR

Reaction score
After 4 years as a pro when do we start questioning his training habits? He has access to the best qb coaches and trainers in the world and he's still struggling with the little things. Somethings not clicking.
All reports are that he trains very diligently. I don't believe it's about habits. He may just take longer to get there or he may never arrive.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
That throw reminded me of the picks Dak threw against the 49ers that his fanboys blamed on Gallup…

At least Lance throws behind WRs for a lot cheaper…
I'm not gonna get into the bad throw discussion, but I am curious why you care if it's for cheaper or not...one it's not your money...and two, JJ has proven he is not reinvesting it back into the team...especially on high quality FAs...so who really cares if a Cowboys QB cost 30% or 10% of the salary cap. the rest of the roster will look exactly the same in both scenarios.

khiladi

Reaction score
I'm not gonna get into the bad throw discussion, but I am curious why you care if it's for cheaper or not...one it's not your money...and two, JJ has proven he is not reinvesting it back into the team...especially on high quality FAs...so who really cares if a Cowboys QB cost 30% or 10% of the salary cap. the rest of the roster will look exactly the same in both scenarios.
Well, I really ultimately don’t unless I’m the owner and have to pay for the same results…. And I actually do think Jerry would pay some more for more quality if he had an extra 30 million plus..

Retro88

Reaction score
Best QB on the roster by far. Can't wait to get rid of Dak and sign him to a 4/160mil deal

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
There's zero agenda behind this thread.
BUaS9IF.gif