Trey Lance/QB Breakdown w/ Chase Daniel

John813

Reaction score
no, the fact that its actually his second season here. although he joined later, he was with the team all year. in film room. in practice. and off season. so he is not a rookie. the fact that you spin it into one year, when he has been in NFL for 4 years, should be familiar with how things work in NFL.

but continue to spin. he looks like a boom/bust 4th year player. more bust. if he was a rookie, I could tolerate some of the mistake, but 4th year player....come on

I know I know I know, "he just hasn't had enough time and experience playing"....
A lot of assuming on your part. I have no care how Lance does.
Never once stated he just needs more time.

Do you get paid to post "spin"
You Bill O'Reilly?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
That's not a bad comparison from a skills set. IMO Lance far exceeds Quincy in the brain department. He has more overall skills then Quincy, which is why he was drafted much higher. PS. Shows you how bad we were that Jerry turned the keys over to Quincy.
Yeah, but I like the name Quincy. You know I'm old enough to remember watching that show?

stinkface

Reaction score
Yeah, but I like the name Quincy. You know I'm old enough to remember watching that show?
I saw him in training camp in San Antonio. Romo and Wittens rookie year. The best QB on the field from the accuracy standpoint was Romo. He was also the hardest working. He would stay on the field with an undrafted free agent WO and work on routes when all the other QBs were in the showers. That was also Parcells first year as head coach.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I didn’t want to start another thread, so here is another Trey Lance analysis video about the his last preseason game play:

HungryLion

Reaction score
After review...

The good was good. The bad was very bad. The issue is Cooper Rush can make the same good throws without committing all of those bad throws or bad decisions. Plus, Cooper Rush is way more experienced and can see the field better.

At this point, Cooper Rush is still your QB2.

Trey Lance is a QB3 who needs a lot of work and much more experience. Don't see how he is going to receive any of that now that the regular season is about to start and Lance will be an unrestricted free agent after this season ends. Find a way to fake an injury and stash him on IR. He won't make it to the Practice Squad if cut and hoping to bring back. At the same time, he's not anywhere good enough to keep on the 53 man roster when his roster spot could be used on another player who can contribute right now if needed as a backup.

I think another thing working against Trey is. The chances of a new draft pick QB developing is probably higher than Trey at this point.

So for me, I would much much rather just draft a nice prospect in the next draft. Preferably one that has played a lot of snaps in college.