Troubled by the PAC suspension

links18

Reaction score
What exactly qualifies as an "incident" anyway? It is still totally unclear exactly what he was suspended for, other than the media fueled speculation that he was involved in an "alcohol related incident." What exactly does that mean? He may very well be guilty of something and I am not defending him if he is, but the NFL disciplinary process is a joke of epic proportions. It is both arbitrary and capricious and is full of the appearance of impropriety and bias. The NFL is not like any other private business that can do whatever it wants as far as personnel matters (well legally it is, but that is besides the point), it has to be accountable to the fans and satisfy us that its procedures are above the board, fair and reasonably reflect what actually happened. At this stage, it is hard to be satisfied that has taken place.

Once again, PAC may be beyond redemption and help, but I want to know that decision has been based on an impartial investigation of the facts and not a snowball of media speculation where assumptions become facts just because they have been repeated enough times by scumbag journalists looking for a story. The NFL may have evidence that PAC was in the wrong, but we the fans still don't know that, yet now our team is down another corner back and we are left scratching our heads as to the real reasons. I know most of you have already given up on giving PAC the benefit of the doubt, but do you really want people losing their livliehoods over an "incident". Who decides what an "incident" is?

dest

Reaction score
The commish told Pac to stay out of headlines. He didn't. Case closed.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
ZERO tollerance means ANYTHING qualifies. ANYTHING.

Making a scene qualifies, punching someone else qualifies. Having someone call the police on you qualifies. Drawing a news (not sports) reporter qualifies.

All pac had to do was get up, go to work, come home and relax and then go to sleep and do it again tomorrrow. But no, he has to go out and be seen, get drunk and lose his objectivity. Hes a loser that deserves to get drummed out of the NFL period.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Pacman agreed to this deal and it said no drinking. He drank. He paid for it. Seems pretty straightforward to me. He broke the agreement he made. Now I know in this day and age that seems to mean nothing, but it does to me.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
whatever is in the contract is the conditions and an incident is what the Commmish within reasonable bounds decides. Apparently alcohol was prohibited. That in itself violated the conditions from what I understand. Getting into the news may have been another condition. Violence may have been another.

It's his fault and now that I think about it this is the best way to help him. He has a month to live thru and do all the things necessary esp the AA and counseling. Then no ETOH and no trouble. I suspect if he acts contritely and meets all the conditions then he has a chance of being reinstated.

I hope the team reaches out and doesn't abandon him. Surely the players can see and talk to him away from team functions and facilities.

If left alone I'm worried about him and not him the football player. He's at risk right now.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dest;2341988 said:
The commish told Pac to stay out of headlines. He didn't. Case closed.

:hammer:

While I would love for him to be playing, he is an idiot. He has no business playing in the NFL. He just isn't smart enough.

juck

Reaction score
links18;2341975 said:
What exactly qualifies as an "incident" anyway? It is still totally unclear exactly what he was suspended for, other than the media fueled speculation that he was involved in an "alcohol related incident." What exactly does that mean? He may very well be guilty of something and I am not defending him if he is, but the NFL disciplinary process is a joke of epic proportions. It is both arbitrary and capricious and is full of the appearance of impropriety and bias. The NFL is not like any other private business that can do whatever it wants as far as personnel matters (well legally it is, but that is besides the point), it has to be accountable to the fans and satisfy us that its procedures are above the board, fair and reasonably reflect what actually happened. At this stage, it is hard to be satisfied that has taken place.

Once again, PAC may be beyond redemption and help, but I want to know that decision has been based on an impartial investigation of the facts and not a snowball of media speculation where assumptions become facts just because they have been repeated enough times by scumbag journalists looking for a story. The NFL may have evidence that PAC was in the wrong, but we the fans still don't know that, yet now our team is down another corner back and we are left scratching our heads as to the real reasons. I know most of you have already given up on giving PAC the benefit of the doubt, but do you really want people losing their livliehoods over an "incident". Who decides what an "incident" is?

Great post.Its sick that belicheck got caught cheating and should have been suspended for life for this but Pac drinks and gets a 4 or more game suspension.I would sue the NFL if I was him.Goodell had to do ths or look like an idiot cause people would say he is soft.I am sure jerry is extremely pissed off.Goodell needs to worry about getting officials that dont ruin games.Makes no sense to me.

DTK

Reaction score
PacMan knew what the terms of his reinstatement were. He violated them, plain and simple.

Cut him and remove the "Dallas Cowboys" from the front of his name for the sake of the franchise.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am done with the loser. I defended him before ..... but no more.

If he comes back ..... fine.

If he never plays again .... fine.

I will never trust him again ..... and refuse to feel sorry for an idiot who cannot keep the police from being called on him.

How hard is it not to get the police called on you?

He is a 25 year old man who acts like a ******** teenager.

Screw him.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Ashwynn;2341989 said:
ZERO tollerance means ANYTHING qualifies. ANYTHING.

Making a scene qualifies, punching someone else qualifies. Having someone call the police on you qualifies. Drawing a news (not sports) reporter qualifies.

All pac had to do was get up, go to work, come home and relax and then go to sleep and do it again tomorrrow. But no, he has to go out and be seen, get drunk and lose his objectivity. Hes a loser that deserves to get drummed out of the NFL period.

What about a hit and run or shooting at some one or snorting coke and getting arrested for it or beat up on woman does that qualify ?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2342024 said:

I will never trust him again ..... and refuse to feel sorry for an idiot who cannot keep the police from being called on him.

Screw him.

I wonder that myself and it's harder than you think apparently.. .....

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
Hey, in this forum certain people adhere to the basic principle that states: Guilty until proven innocent.

links18;2341975 said:

juck

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2342026 said:
What about a hit and run or shooting at some one or snorting coke and getting arrested for it or beat up on woman does that qualify ?
or how about cheating?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
It doesn't take much imagination to imagine that when Goodell investigated the incident and discussed it with all the parties that he found out Pac was drinking and that alcohol played a big role in the incident. Pac probably admitted it. Since "No-Alcohol" was a term of his reinstatement conditions, Goodell had no choice but to act.

The thing Goodell and Jerry hinted at is that Pac may have alcohol issues that need professional help and he must be evaluated and successfully complete any programs deemed necessary before he will even be considered for reintatement.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2342026 said:

If Pac did any of those, they would count. Yes sir.

I know where your going with this. But the fact is Irvin was not under a zero tolerance clause. Pac was under a microscope, if he wiped his *** wrong, the commish would know about it. Pac knew this. Yet he goes against the grain anyways. He deserves to be drummed out of the NFL for stupidity alone, Then when you through in the actual altercation, yea, he is gone.

He made a fool of Goodell, Goodells a strict dude from his precidents. This really does not look good for Pac returning this year at all. His entire career is in the balance and its not equalizing. Theres a huge deficency on the positive side.

Verdict

Reaction score
links18;2341975 said:

This is a very well reasoned post. I wish all of the posters on this forum looked at things this objectively.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
zrinkill;2342024 said:

Screw him.

Exactly. This is exactly how I feel. I don't feel sorry for him, at all, cause he did it to himself.

juckie;2342048 said:
or how about cheating?

:cry2:

If this was the FIRST time Adam Jones got in trouble then you'd have something to cry about. This isn't and it won't be the last time he gets in trouble.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Ashwynn;2342103 said:
If Pac did any of those, they would count. Yes sir.

I know where your going with this. But the fact is Irvin was not under a zero tolerance clause. Pac was under a microscope, if he wiped his *** wrong, the commish would know about it. Pac knew this. Yet he goes against the grain anyways. He deserves to be drummed out of the NFL for stupidity alone, Then when you through in the actual altercation, yea, he is gone.

He made a fool of Goodell, Goodells a strict dude from his precidents. This really does not look good for Pac returning this year at all. His entire career is in the balance and its not equalizing. Theres a huge deficency on the positive side.

FYI Goodell Zero Tolerance policy just doesn't refer to pac......