Troubled by the PAC suspension

Ashwynn

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2342118 said:
FYI Goodell Zero Tolerance policy just doesn't refer to pac......

Understood. Bet the other guys under the zero tolerance policy dont mess up. If they did, they understand also thier careers hang in a balance.

Dont care how you spin it. You cant defend Pacman, without looking like a thug thats pissed he cant do what he wants. If you have any decency you have to come down on Goodells side. How can you not see it that way unless your a career criminal that just opposes any kind of law or regulations. You obviously dont have children. Would you want them to grow up and be just like Pacman?

Verdict

Reaction score
dest;2341988 said:
The commish told Pac to stay out of headlines. He didn't. Case closed.

This post is "slightly" less objective. ;) I have no doubt that PacMan did something stupid that warranted some sort of action from someone (whether it was from the Cowboys, or the the Commish). It probably involved alcohol, and violence. The trouble is that there is no "transparency" in the process for the fans to know "exactly" why he is receiving his suspension and the Commish's "findings" of fact that led up to the punishment.

Posts like this "seem" to fall in with the "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out mentality". It is painted with far too broad of a brush for me. As a fan, I want to know EXACTLY why PacMan received what he received. Transparency is what gives credibility to the league. Otherwise it might as well be professional wrestling.

Verdict

Reaction score
Ashwynn;2342129 said:
Understood. Bet the other guys under the zero tolerance policy dont mess up. If they did, they understand also thier careers hang in a balance.

Dont care how you spin it. You cant defend Pacman, without looking like a thug thats pissed he cant do what he wants. If you have any decency you have to come down on Goodells side. How can you not see it that way unless your a career criminal that just opposes any kind of law or regulations. You obviously dont have children. Would you want them to grow up and be just like Pacman?

PacMan is probably guilty and probably deserves a suspension. Like I said above..... we shouldn't have to guess why he probably received a suspension. Wouldn't you like to know if PacMan is being treated the same as say, maybe a Patriots player who was similarly situated?

Verdict

Reaction score
Ashwynn;2342103 said:
If Pac did any of those, they would count. Yes sir.

I know where your going with this. But the fact is Irvin was not under a zero tolerance clause. Pac was under a microscope, if he wiped his *** wrong, the commish would know about it. Pac knew this. Yet he goes against the grain anyways. He deserves to be drummed out of the NFL for stupidity alone, Then when you through in the actual altercation, yea, he is gone.

He made a fool of Goodell, Goodells a strict dude from his precidents. This really does not look good for Pac returning this year at all. His entire career is in the balance and its not equalizing. Theres a huge deficency on the positive side.

I am NOT defending PacMan, but there should be transparency so that the coaches, players, fans, and owners know that the entire league is on equal footing and a player on another team, like PacMan, is being treated, or will be treated the same as PacMan in the future.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Ashwynn;2342129 said:

ZERO TOLERANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

none of the other stuff you stated matters.

Soth

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2342164 said:
ZERO TOLERANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

none of the other stuff you stated matters.

Zero tolerance has to be defined too. I mean, any team can hire someone to follow pacman and call the cops on him if anything happens. He has to be guilty of something. Based on Godell's rule, nobody would be able to stay within policy! My neighbor could decide to call the cops on me just because he doesn't like me and then I would be involved in an "incident".

He shouldn't have reinstated pacman in the first place, if he was going to tell him, you can't drink, you can go out, etc. if anyone complains about you, or the media "thinks" you did something, or some anonymous person sends a letter saying you did something, then you are suspended.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
links18;2341975 said:
What exactly qualifies as an "incident" anyway? It is still totally unclear exactly what he was suspended for, other than the media fueled speculation that he was involved in an "alcohol related incident." What exactly does that mean? He may very well be guilty of something and I am not defending him if he is, but the NFL disciplinary process is a joke of epic proportions. It is both arbitrary and capricious and is full of the appearance of impropriety and bias. The NFL is not like any other private business that can do whatever it wants as far as personnel matters (well legally it is, but that is besides the point), it has to be accountable to the fans and satisfy us that its procedures are above the board, fair and reasonably reflect what actually happened. At this stage, it is hard to be satisfied that has taken place.

Once again, PAC may be beyond redemption and help, but I want to know that decision has been based on an impartial investigation of the facts and not a snowball of media speculation where assumptions become facts just because they have been repeated enough times by scumbag journalists looking for a story. The NFL may have evidence that PAC was in the wrong, but we the fans still don't know that, yet now our team is down another corner back and we are left scratching our heads as to the real reasons. I know most of you have already given up on giving PAC the benefit of the doubt, but do you really want people losing their livliehoods over an "incident". Who decides what an "incident" is?

I agree with you Links, this smacks of complete bias on the part of the commissioner and though I understand people's frustrations, I think it was blatantly unfair. Before this incident occurred most people felt AP has making an honest effort to shore up his image and was clearly trying to improve himself by particpating in many charity/community events. This rehabilitation cannot be easy, I can't pretend I know where this kid came from or what kind of people he surrounded himself with as a youth, but I can only imagine it wasn't very good and there was alot of undoing to be done before all of the "thuggery" was out of him. This very minor incident is no way an act of thuggery, nor was it harmful to the league. He got into a yelling match with his own security person and it was over before it started.

So along on his high horse rides the commish to save the NFL from the terrible Adam PacMan Jones. The angelic commish is pretending he actually cares about the integrity/public opinion of the NFL brand, yet he fails to punish an NFL coach who was clearly doing his best to circumvent the RULES of the GAME! Let me state that again in a different form, he was CHEATING, the same way people get banned in another sports for two years for using banned substances cheating. It is the height of hypocrisy, but clearly the commish doesn't see white collar NFL crimes the same way he does the other variety. Bellichek continues to roam the sidelines for the Patriots, if there was anyone who has done more harm to the integrity of the game it's Billy Boy, yet because there were was no booze, woman or drugs involved BB gets a free pass. Meanwhile Adam sits and wonders if this is then end of his career, even though he is yet to go to jail for any of his past transgressions.

There is no doubt Adam should have been fined for being involved in the incident, and required to do some additional community work with troubled children on behalf of the NFL. I am obviously a Cowboy fan and perhaps slightly biased, but I honestly think it would have been a fair punishment for a very minor mistake. Wouldn't the NFL benefit far more publically if Adam Jones continued on his slow path to full rehabilitation to the point where he could become a spokesperson against gang violence or perhaps alcohol abuse? For once wouldn't it be nice if the NFL showed they cared about there players rather than using them as a pawn in there billion dollar game of chess?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
PAC knew the rules and he broke them.

He'll be lucky if he gets another chance... but even if does, I'm sure he'll blow it.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I'm not about to defend Pacman at all, he had a chance to get his career back on track and knew he couldn't step out of line at all... and yet with all the efforts this team made to ensure he had all the help and guidance needed, he couldn't help himself but go out partying, drinking and causing a scene.

For someone to have been worried enough to dial 911, theres got to be a bit more to the story than a bit of a scuffle which is over in seconds.

However, Goodell and his policies are way out. Sure Pacman is a loser who is constantly causing a scene and constantly in trouble with the law. Unless I'm wrong, he has never been convicted of a crime however and this last discretion is the most minor of offences anyone could ever hope to commit. If he loses his football career because of non-footballing "offenses" for which he has never been convicted then to me thats a travesty...

Goodell's concern that Pacman is bringing down the NFL has no foundation when a head coach can cheat his way to multiple superbowls, be caught with evidence and escape with a fine.

Just my opinion of course, but Goodell and his arbitrary policies on discipline need to go.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Guess we'll never know what happened, having reached the stage of the investigation where Goodell is due to burn up the evidence.

slogriff

Reaction score
Has there been a confirmation from a knowledgeable source Jerry, Goodell, police report, etc that states Pac had been drinking?

If he did drink, this thread and others questioning Goodell's actions are unnecessary. Being in the headlines may have some room for disagreement on any punitive actions. However, no drinking is no drinking. Case closed. Throw yourself on the mercy of the court, get your act together, and pray you get a chance to be reinstated some time in the potentially distant future.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Ashwynn;2341989 said:
ZERO tollerance means ANYTHING qualifies. ANYTHING.

Making a scene qualifies, punching someone else qualifies. Having someone call the police on you qualifies. Drawing a news (not sports) reporter qualifies.

All pac had to do was get up, go to work, come home and relax and then go to sleep and do it again tomorrrow. But no, he has to go out and be seen, get drunk and lose his objectivity. Hes a loser that deserves to get drummed out of the NFL period.

Exactly.

If I was his agent, I would have him doing a bunch of volunteering that included reading to kids, helping with a food bank, donating to charity, being involved with the community in any way. And have him do this so much that he doesn't have time to go out and get drunk.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Ashwynn;2341989 said:
ZERO tollerance means ANYTHING qualifies. ANYTHING.

All pac had to do was get up, go to work, come home and relax and then go to sleep and do it again tomorrrow. But no, he has to go out and be seen, get drunk and lose his objectivity. Hes a loser that deserves to get drummed out of the NFL period.

You forgot...and Collect a HUGE Paycheck

How many of us get second chances in life...

Stop the hunt, the search is over, we just found the 3rd Stooge for Michael "Moe" Vick and Quincy "Curly" Carter ...

Pacman is a hot pile of mess.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2342026 said:
What about a hit and run or shooting at some one or snorting coke and getting arrested for it or beat up on woman does that qualify ?

Dude. You gonna start with the "Would your boss at work", schtick.

Take your head out of the clouds and do some math.

Seven

Reaction score
el_chevo;2342047 said:
Hey, in this forum certain people adhere to the basic principle that states: Guilty until proven innocent.

No. It's called a perception induced by a track record. Very, very simplistic.

Seven

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2342118 said:
FYI Goodell Zero Tolerance policy just doesn't refer to pac......

Damn straight. The policy was instituted FOR Adam. The rest of the guys can only say "Thanks".

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The most ridiculous part of this is that a four man crew had been hired to babysit him, an apartment had been provided for him, and he still messed up.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This stuff will never end.

Goodell stated the guidelines of Adam's reinstatement. Adam violated those guidelines.

Even a guinea pig running on a treadmill could understand the simplicity of the conditions of his agreement with the commissioner of the National Football League.

Any "confusion" has more to do with not agreeing with the Goodell's decision than being confused about what actually happened. At least, I hope that's the case.

After all, it's 1+1=2 simple.

It's night and day simple.

It's Halle Berry asking, "Am I pretty?" and the automated response being, "Heck yeah!" simple.

It's, "Good read. Thanks for posting." simple. (no offense CC).

I mean, my goodness! Should we invite guinea pigs to the forum to explain how simple this is???

/rant off

burmafrd

Reaction score
Sadly many posts in this thread show todays mentality of anything goes if I don't get caught and if I do call a lawyer and try and find a technicality to get off.

Pacman made a deal, he broke the deal, he pays the price. End of story.