Recap: Troy Aikman and Moose Johnston Show Recaps Week 5 San Fran Game

Creeper

Reaction score
Good interviews from two guys who know football.

But the more I watch video of that game the more the physicality of the 49ers OL stands out to me. But at the same time, it looks more and more like the Cowboys were simply outcoached on both sides of the ball.

stinkface

Reaction score
Short cliff notes version is we play small ball and while a lot of it has to do with what's going on between Dak's ears, the other part is we are very pourly coached on the O side of the ball. Wonder who the passing coordinator is on the team? Maybe MM, maybe Big Rowdy.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
We need to either move on from Dak or draft a couple of OL (including a big center), draft a real 3T DT (this is where i kept begging for us to sign Hargrave in the off season) , draft a thumper with speed at RB (like Swift who was available in the off season), make Parsons play LB or trade him because hes not a DE. Then you might have something
You can't do any of these things when you are overpaying for a bus driver. The Cowboys wanted a stout defense the kind the Ravens had during their SB run. Well to have that you need the money to get the talent for it. And before people claim that the NFL just increases the cap every year, understand that there are other players on the team whose contracts need to be negotiated. You simply can dedicate the bulk of the cap to a player who is giving you nothing.