News: Troy Aikman doubles down

willia451

Reaction score
Interestingly, Aikman’s most recent unflattering remarks were inspired by questions concerning whether or not he would ever entertain joining the Cowboys’ front office.

“I doubt it. I think that’s a real long shot,” Aikman said during an interview Tuesday about taking a job with the Cowboys, “I believe it’s unlikely that Jerry will ever bring anybody in that can help this football team in that regard just because he’s been real stubborn and steadfast in that he’s the one in charge. I think, in a lot of ways, until that changes this team is going to have some problems.”

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Well, so much for the idea of him becoming football czar.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Interestingly, Aikman’s most recent unflattering remarks were inspired by questions concerning whether or not he would ever entertain joining the Cowboys’ front office.

“I doubt it. I think that’s a real long shot,” Aikman said during an interview Tuesday about taking a job with the Cowboys, “I believe it’s unlikely that Jerry will ever bring anybody in that can help this football team in that regard just because he’s been real stubborn and steadfast in that he’s the one in charge. I think, in a lot of ways, until that changes this team is going to have some problems.”

Aikman has a great gig. He'd have to either be bored or supercompetitive to leave the Fox booth for the headaches of being a GM, especially one for the Cowboys.

leeblair

Reaction score
Troy is still pee'd over the firing of Jimmy Johnson. And rightfully so.
He said once how (paraphrasing) disappointing it was after being taught to be so determined and believe, how frustrating it was that Jerry and Jimmy didn't practice what they'd preached to the players and they never got to see how much success they really could have had.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Aikman is totally destroying what loving relationship he's had over the years with Jerry.

willia451

Reaction score
Troy is just like the rest of us. He's just had enough. Jerry will never win on the field of play...........his way. Because he sucks balls.

Time for everyone to just call a spade a spade and watch this thing implode.

leeblair

Reaction score
If I were a head coach I would want all of the input Troy could give my offense.
I remember watching him chew out his offensive linemen and they respected him like a coach.
He said he shouldn't have to be the one that had to do it.