Twitter: Troy Aikman: I Love Dak. I Would Pay Him

Big D

Reaction score
I don't get how if you liked Romo you automatically hate Dak. Romo played a full career here. A career that one Jason Garrret pissed away along with many others too many to list. Watching that Romo td video that was posted I couldn't help but think we've had plenty of heat on offense over the years doing all they could and couldn't overcome JG's bs.

Thank goodness JG got fired before he could do any more damage. He will not get to piss away Dak, Zeke, Gallup, Lamb, Coopers, etc careers. You can't be mad at that.

And while I'm not sure that Mike McCarthy would've been my first choice, after JGs tenure I'm in the anyone but Garrett will do camp so I'm willing to see what happens under his regime before I start throwing stones at any player. After all the years of complaining about JG Why aren't some of you willing to do the same? :huh:

Nav22

Reaction score
“I love Dak Prescott,” Aikman told Mike Fisher of SI.com on Monday. “I love everything about him. . . . I’m not saying anything the Cowboys don’t already know. They will pay him. He’s going to make a lot of money, and I think he’s going to be the quarterback for the Cowboys for a long, long time and continue to have a great career.”

The FOX analyst “strongly believes” the sides reach an agreement.

“I’ve been surprised that there has been so much discussion about his contract,” Aikman said. “It’s not like he’s not going to be playing for the Cowboys in 2020. Whether he is franchised or he has a deal, he’s going to be here playing and eventually a deal gets done. So, it’s not high on my list of things I look at the league and what’s happening with the other 31 teams.”

Qcard

Reaction score
“I love Dak Prescott,” Aikman told Mike Fisher of SI.com on Monday. “I love everything about him. . . . I’m not saying anything the Cowboys don’t already know. They will pay him. He’s going to make a lot of money, and I think he’s going to be the quarterback for the Cowboys for a long, long time and continue to have a great career.”

The FOX analyst “strongly believes” the sides reach an agreement.

“I’ve been surprised that there has been so much discussion about his contract,” Aikman said. “It’s not like he’s not going to be playing for the Cowboys in 2020. Whether he is franchised or he has a deal, he’s going to be here playing and eventually a deal gets done. So, it’s not high on my list of things I look at the league and what’s happening with the other 31 teams.”
Very good and accurate. Verbatim!

Thank you

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think you have me confused with someone who actually gives a sh{poop}. Pay Dak, don't pay Dak, I don't care either way, it has no affect on my life. But I do quite enjoy agitating people like you who get so stirred up when anything negative is said about your hero. So I keep poking and the Dak slobberers like you never fail to give me a good laugh.

So What you are saying is your a troll? :muttley::muttley::muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So...according to you...Troy was WRONG then and you didn't trust him? But NOW that he flip flops to your satisfaction well we must trust him. Mkay. Got it.

Troy is man enough to admit he was wrong on dak. He’s not a troll.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Who is this guy? What does he know about playing QB in the NFL? What an idiot!!! And the numbers that all show that Dak is easily a top 10 QB in the NFL? What can numbers and stats tell you??????

There is a reporter in New York that played college baseball at a very small college that thinks Dak is average. Oh! And a national radio guy that played high school football and has a degree in communications - he also says Dak is average. Those guys know about playing football in the NFL so much more than that Troy Aikman or Tony Romo guy or those things called analytics.

Just because he played QB doesn’t mean he’d be a good GM. Yes if QB was the only position on the team his input would be incredible, unfortunately it’s not.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Whom will we lose or not be able to sign?

Byron Jones/Robert Quinn. Probably next year Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis. It will seem small but the names will continue to pile up and it will become a big deal. It will also affect the quality of our backup players where we will have to start cutting corners.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Yes, their hidden agendas comes down to trying to find any thing they can to point to that shows Dak isn't a good QB. Think about it for a second, in 2018 the narrative was Dak couldn't throw deep accurately and couldn't throw for over 200 yards. Now that he has shown he can do that, they point to that he can't win big games which has also been proven false. Sure Dak has played poorly in some games, but don't all QB's? Hell, Tom Brady was horrible when new england won their last super bowl, it was all defense and coaching, but none the less the super bowl trophy weighs the same.

It eventually just ends up making them look misguided. The closest we saw to a Dak hater meltdown was last season when Dak started at a historic pace. You could of heard a pin drop from the haters, but just as the cock will crow in the morning, they came out of the woodwork as soon as Dak and the team came back down to earth. The great thing about all of this is eventually the story will play itself out and the stats will tell the story on whether or not Dak has a great career. Once it's all said and done and his numbers are tallied this will tell the story. So far, the win goes to us.

They started to negotiate when he had an year left on his deal. Dak just hasn’t been cooperative at all in operating in good faith.

zerofill

Reaction score
Byron Jones/Robert Quinn. Probably next year Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis. It will seem small but the names will continue to pile up and it will become a big deal. It will also affect the quality of our backup players where we will have to start cutting corners.

Yeah... when a bunch of starters are out though, it won't be the "record setting" contract that is the point of complaints... it will just be... he didn't have protection, he didn't have anyone to throw to...
Same stuff in Dallas... no matter what... rinse and repeat....

Because they love making mistakes, and repeating them over... and over... and over...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Where you been? This fanbase also was split on paying Romo. In fact, I'm not sure there's a single player who wants to get paid more than minimum that this fanbase has not argued about.
that is true, I remember people saying romo was getting too much for a guy who has only won 1 playoff game.
And turns out they were right.
I liked romo and still do, but paying him too much could be why they never won anything when he was here. ( that and garrett and his staff lol)

Now here they are going to pay another qb with 1 playoff win in 4 years too much money. Same deal only now we have better coaches.

here is another tidbit, parcells said you are what your record says you are.
Dak has had 2 winning seasons and 2 losing seasons, and by losing meaning bad enough you dont go to playoffs.
2-2 in four seasons, = average

here is a question for the dak lovers, if dak is so good, how did he lose to the jets last year?? most teams beat the jets.
Was dak great, and his team let him down again?? Tell me how he lost to the jets. and I know it was a team loss, but I saw the game,
and darnold out played dak.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Just because he played QB doesn’t mean he’d be a good GM. Yes if QB was the only position on the team his input would be incredible, unfortunately it’s not.
Just because someone is a GM that doesn't mean they ever would have become a good quarterback. That is as open ended a conclusion as yours and plays out either way.

Aikman not only quarterbacked for the Cowboys his entire career but was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006 and to the College Football Hall of Fame on December 9, 2008 in New York City. He has been a marquee pro-football analyst for 20 years now. Plenty of quarterbacks have become coaches and Elway is the GM for the Broncos and been at it for almost 10 years.

I think Aikman's good or bad opinions of Dak are likely more credible and carry greater weight among football professionals and the media than any of our opinions about Dak.

Last edited:

basel90

Reaction score
Nothing new here .Troy is being clever here . When he says “ I would pay him “ , it does not mention how much and what guarantees . troy needs to have access to Dak due to his job . Troy never mentions underpay or overpay . It is like saying the cowboys should renew Dak’s contract and not cut or trade him .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Nothing new here .Troy is being clever here . When he says “ I would pay him “ , it does not mention how much and what guarantees . troy needs to have access to Dak due to his job . Troy never mentions underpay or overpay . It is like saying the cowboys should renew Dak’s contract and not cut or trade him .
You don't need to make things up or use a secret decoder ring to unscramble that Aikman simply said he would pay Prescott.
The ones whining that Prescott "doesn't deserve...." this - or - that are just wasting time.

Prescott will most likely get what his camp is looking for and the FO will be where they want to be. It's a matter of details and July is a ways away.
There is a slight chance he doesn't, but realistically I don't see it.

I actually commend Aikman for being professional and not engaging in the money talk.

basel90

Reaction score
You don't need to make things up or use a secret decoder ring to unscramble that Aikman simply said he would pay Prescott.
The ones whining that Prescott "doesn't deserve...." this - or - that are just wasting time.

Prescott will most likely get what his camp is looking for and the FO will be where they want to be. It's a matter of details and July is a ways away.
There is a slight chance he doesn't, but realistically I don't see it.

I actually commend Aikman for being professional and not engaging in the money talk.
Troy was critical of Dak’s inaccuracies during way too many games .Sometimes being blunt about it. Jimmy Johnson and terry bradshaw did the same during the season . . Criticizing the QB of the cowboys who is about to be paid at this stage is risky for a TV personality . Dak can be polarizing as the blame for the losses is being placed on jason Garrett . Troy never mentions money amounts Dak should be paid .

leeblair

Reaction score
If Troy Aikman's opinion was the "Science" of football, I'm sure we'd have seen another Super Bowl since 1995. He was a great quarterback, and I'm a huge fan. But with all of these so-called "experts" chiming in, you'd think the Cowboys wouldn't have been 8-8 in the worst division in football last season.

GMO415

Reaction score
Aikman trashed Dak one week and has been making amends since then.....

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
......and smelly Walmart Shoppers”, said the loser has-been from 2016

Thank the Lord, Aikmann isn’t a GM, and only a color commentator.

Does anybody seriously think an ex NFL player wouldn’t support a player getting paid? Hardly newsworthy.
Hmm, maybe Troy wants Dallas to have a QB who won't be as successful as he was.
:muttley::popcorn:

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe Troy wants Dallas to have a QB who won't be as successful as he was.
:muttley::popcorn:

I was just thinking that. Some of these past players are bitter against the Cowboys and may not want the Cowboys to succeed. Troy seemed a bit furious at times toward the end of his career.