Twitter: Troy Aikman: I Love Dak. I Would Pay Him

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was just thinking that. Some of these past players are bitter against the Cowboys and may not want the Cowboys to succeed. Troy seemed a bit furious at times toward the end of his career.
I was just joking. I don't think that's Troy's motivation at all. I'm not sure he thinks quite as highly of Dak's ability as he seems, but I doubt he has any agenda.

cern

Reaction score
which does troy love more??? dak, or the opportunity to take a shot at jerry?

cern

Reaction score
I was just joking. I don't think that's Troy's motivation at all. I'm not sure he thinks quite as highly of Dak's ability as he seems, but I doubt he has any agenda.
not long ago he questioned dak's accuracy and said he didn't think it could be taught. earlier, in response to question comparing dak to himself, he responded something to the effect talk to me when you've won a super bowl. he loves taking digs at jerry.

Qcard

Reaction score
Thank you Troy Aikman Translator!

When Troy is critical of Dak during games it must mean Troy completely Hates Dak....

This logic is crazy ....:huh::lmao2:

cern

Reaction score
pay dak. get the years right and lets move on.
it'll get done. dak is not the first qb asking for a 4 year deal. I think brees, russell Wilson and a couple of others have all received 4 year deals.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I proudly confess my love for Dak as my favorite player in my signature below and I honestly marvel at how anyone can watch Dak play and not see him as a guy you want leading your team.. I see it so completely opposite and that is what makes me wonder what motivates these people that dislike him so much. The guy has shown all kinds of abilities and looks to be getting better and better. What also makes no sense is putting losses on Dak but putting wins on the team. Do the Dak haters not realize that Russell Wilson as great as he is, has pretty much been blah since he lost the legion of boom and Marshawn Lynch? If the narrative the haters were spouting were true, shouldn't Russell be willing his team to super bowls because of his immense abilities that supposedly Dak doesn't have?

Dak Prescott deserves to be paid a whole lot of money, it's his turn! To sit around and cry about what is too much is not our place. We don't know what Jerry is going to do with our cap and how much the numbers are going to expand. They can even cut Zeke in a year and it's setup to not be a huge burden on the cap, they've been smart, let them sort it out...

Bottom line, the haters want to bring us down into their misery, they think their mighty betty davis eye test and gut feelings are correct while guys like Troy Aikman and many others are off their rockers for supporting Dak. I have to wonder if these haters are old Romosexuals with a cross to bear?
how do you explain the Jonses delay and hard stance on paying Dak? you call some of us haters that simply say Daks not worth a LTD at over 35 and only 4 years which is team friendly YET it matches the ownerships stance and guess what, thats the ONLY stance that matters..

Many support and like Dak but saying its mistake paying him so much doesnt make us haters..id rather pay the guy 2 straight franchise tags and go another direction rather than Overpaying and having an average qb making 45mil in his 5th year and never getting the REWARD of paying n a QB Elite money but not getting elite results..

thats just an opinion and over 50% agree which includes Dc Ownership..there are some straight up haters out there but some who are against paying dak are not haters, we are realists we see the argument Dak is tops a 10th ranked QB in this league at the moment , yet he want to be paid like the best PLAYER IN the ENTIRE LEAGUE?

THIS IS A MARKET ISSUE, ITS FLAWED AND NEEDS CHANGING, DAKS NOT WORTH TWICE AS MUCH AS THE BEST PASS RUSHER , DB, OR WR..THIS IS MY ISSUE THE cousins, CARRS, GOFFS, AND DAKS OF THE NFL ABSOLUTLY DO NOT DESERVE THESE DEALS AND IT IS GOING TO HAVE LONG LASTING EFFECT ONTHE LEAGUE..

this needs to be resolved by the league naiting some kind of positional cap saying no one player can make more then say X% of the cap and owners need to slowly reverse these qb salaries to be closer to what they actually earn in production not just that they are a quality starter,

id rather have the best CB, S , and DE in the league at half the cost heck you could pay TWO positions on yor team meaning go grab two of the very best elite players on the market for one Dak..surround a good qb with those types of players rather then one QB who is sevberly overpaid and strainign the cap and QUALITY OF THE REST OF THE TEAM..

BTW I was agianst paying AC and Tank the deals they made as well.. neither were eliet but got élite money..

Reid1boys

Reaction score
All these people saying Dak deserves to be paid.... Since when is 5 years 175 million with over 100 million in guarantees not getting paid? So the Cowboys are low balling Dak by making him the 2nd highest paid player in the history of the league?

Enough with the "Dak needs to be paid," and how bout Dak needs to accept the offer?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Just because someone is a GM that doesn't mean they ever would have become a good quarterback. That is as open ended a conclusion as yours and plays out either way.

Aikman not only quarterbacked for the Cowboys his entire career but was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006 and to the College Football Hall of Fame on December 9, 2008 in New York City. He has been a marquee pro-football analyst for 20 years now. Plenty of quarterbacks have become coaches and Elway is the GM for the Broncos and been at it for almost 10 years.

I think Aikman's good or bad opinions of Dak are likely more credible and carry greater weight among football professionals and the media than any of our opinions about Dak.

Decisions about player salaries falls on the GM not the quarterback. GM traits are more pertinent to the discussion than QB skills and while Troy has proven he has the latter, he has not on the former.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Decisions about player salaries falls on the GM not the quarterback. GM traits are more pertinent to the discussion than QB skills and while Troy has proven he has the latter, he has not on the former.

Decisions about salaries are also reviewed and finalized through the VP of Player Personnel, or Chief Operating Officer - and most certainly the ownership. It is not just about QB skills but knowing both the tangible and intangible value of players. And you conveniently did not address Elway or players that have moved on to become valued coaches, coordinators as well as gone into management. Obviously they had smarts and garnered experience. Do I believe that all quarterbacks can become effective general managers, of course not. So are you stating that no quarterback can become an effective general manager? (That already has been disproven). If not, then we have nothing more on the subject to debate about.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the fact that there's even a debate about this speaks volumes about his abilities. The last time any top qb had the fanbase split on whether to pay him? Never. Now insert an above average guy with traits ranging from below average to above average and flashes of greatness and here's the problem...
This isn't a fair statement because the age of the $30+ million/year - $100+ million guaranteed doesn't have much history. And, realistically, the split has something to do with how long this has taken. If the Wentz negotiation took this long there would have been a lot more grumblings in Philly.

Iago33

Reaction score
Durrrrrr Dak Love means Andy Dalton QB1 durrrrrr

Dak Haters are deplorables
When conversation degenerates to this level, I think some people need to take a step back and maybe step away for a little. People should be able to disagree without being insulting. I see it from both sides.

InTheZone

Reaction score
This isn't a fair statement because the age of the $30+ million/year - $100+ million guaranteed doesn't have much history. And, realistically, the split has something to do with how long this has taken. If the Wentz negotiation took this long there would have been a lot more grumblings in Philly.
No one's questioning Wentz's ability as a QB.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Decisions about salaries are also reviewed and finalized through the VP of Player Personnel, or Chief Operating Officer - and most certainly the ownership. It is not just about QB skills but knowing both the tangible and intangible value of players. And you conveniently did not address Elway or players that have moved on to become valued coaches, coordinators as well as gone into management. Obviously they had smarts and garnered experience. Do I believe that all quarterbacks can become effective general managers, of course not. So are you stating that no quarterback can become an effective general manager? (That already has been disproven). If not, then we have nothing more on the subject to debate about.

I didn't address Elway because Troy Aikman and John Elway are 2 different people. And neither did I say a QB couldn't be a good GM. I'm saying that Troy has never had to deal with juggling a team full of salaries so I'm not putting a lot of stock in what he's saying right now.

Qcard

Reaction score
When conversation degenerates to this level, I think some people need to take a step back and maybe step away for a little. People should be able to disagree without being insulting. I see it from both sides.
Maybe you need to take a step forward and recognize the Deplorable state Dak Haters are in. They've unleashed a disease upon Cowboy Nation.

Qcard

Reaction score
No one's questioning Wentz's ability as a QB.
Yep....but the Eagles drafted Hurts with a premium top 100 pick and gave a Wentz an injury out contract....yep no one is questioning Wentz's ability smh

Every the Eagles have done with Wentz's contract and backup is a sure sign they question an NFL players BEST ability..... Availability