Troy Aikman is trolling Jerry

deerhunter11

Reaction score
~more ranting~

It was a sad moment in Dallas Cowboys history. The moment when a two-time defending Super Bowl winning head coach was kicked to the curb thirty years ago. My apologies. The moment when a two-time defending Super Bowl winning head coach and his employer parted amicably thirty years ago. Jimmy Johnson was going to leave anyway. He never stayed in one place for too long. The entire episode is a sad chapter in the franchise's and league history.

It is not the saddest thing to have happened though. It is sadder still thirty years of NFL, general manager, experience did not teach Jerry Jones to pull the trigger during the offseason. You pay who you think is a top quarterback. You pay who you think is a top wide receiver. You do not pay a running back who was still considered a good running back and much better than what you already had on the roster. No true bona fide GM insight. After three decades.

Haven't learned a thing. Like flunking ninth grade thirty consecutive years and finally graduating with a GED--because the high school diploma remained out of reach.

Whatever.

/rant
Good post, all very true.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I meant more after this season. I should have clarified that.
I understood that. Jerry has to get rid of MM because he has to blame it on someone and appear that he is making a change, so some of our fans can get excited. However, nothing will change.

What aggressive, talented coach is going to want to come to Dallas to be handcuffed by Jerry?????

Praxit

Reaction score
..people have to understand Henry fits well into Ravs offense.

No way to tell, he would have succeeded here. McCarthy's offense is so telling, the defense have snacks while they play.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
:lmao2:

Troy Aikman on the Monday Night Football broadcast talking about Baltimore Ravens RB Derrick Henry: "There's gotta be a lot of teams out there that had opportunities to bring in Derrick Henry that are kind of kicking themselves for not doing it. But he has been an absolute perfect fit for this Ravens attack."

Joe Buck: "Can you think of any teams off hand? I'll just throw this out there, the offseason home for Derrick Henry is in Dallas, Texas."

Lol, classic

StarLord

Reaction score
What do you think the odds are that Jerry overpays him in a few years as he starts to decline?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
..people have to understand Henry fits well into Ravs offense.

No way to tell, he would have succeeded here. McCarthy's offense is so telling, the defense have snacks while they play.
Once again, the Ravens changed their offense to suit Henry as a weapon. They don't normally run that offense like that.