Recap: Troy Aikman on The Ticket - 11/10/16

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mark Lane ‏@therealmarklane 60m60 minutes ago
On @dfwticket Troy Aikman says Jason Garrett does a good job of keeping the #Cowboys level, focused on each day, and not caught up in 7-1.
he expects the #Cowboys will play well against the #Steelers Sunday.
Troy Aikman says @SportsSturm says the #Cowboys are 15-5 on the road since 2015.
the question is if Dak struggles or they lose Sunday, how long is his leash?
he expects the #Steelers to play much better Sunday.
Le'Veon Bell is like Ezekiel Elliott: a very complete back.
the #Steelers offense will be a good test for this #Cowboys defense.
he sees a defense in the #Cowboys that's one you can win with in the postseason.
if you don't give up big plays, you're not going to give up points. And the #Cowboys defense is good at that.
the #Cowboys defense is a more talented group than given credit.
the great teams he was a part of, the heartbeat of those teams was the offensive line.
the @dallascowboys are the best team he's seen on both sides of the ball this year.
the #Cowboys are 100 percent capable of winning the Super Bowl with this defense.
the 2016 #Cowboys are a good group of guys who love playing with each other.
the lower body injuries have impacted Dez Bryant's explosiveness to some degree.
he doesn't believe the #Cowboys win that #Eagles game two weeks ago without Dez Bryant.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the normal Troy Aikman and he is usually fairly positive on the team when he is on the ticket. But is also straight forward.
however,
Let's see how is is on Sunday with Bucky Joe....I bet his tone is more on the down side.....I will be surprised otherwise.....

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Our run defense is going to be tested by Bell. Steeler coaches are going to plaster their locker room with all the media columns "DC best Oline and RB in the NFL" that have been written over the last several weeks and Pitt will want to display theirs. Pitt will not go down easy at home on either side of the ball.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
i wish i was as hopeful as him about our defense

Yes, I still don't see enough consistent pressure to beat elite offenses. Fortunately, we do not play many elite offenses, but that will most likely change if we make a push for the Super Bowl. Atlanta in particular might be a tough challenge, and of course, New England if both teams got to that point.

Scoringwise, the best offenses we've faced are Philadelphia and Green Bay, but they're 10th and 11th in scoring. Pittsburgh is 16th. We don't face any other team currently in the top 10 in scoring during the regular season.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
This is the normal Troy Aikman and he is usually fairly positive on the team when he is on the ticket. But is also straight forward.
however,
Let's see how is is on Sunday with Bucky Joe....I bet his tone is more on the down side.....I will be surprised otherwise.....
Yep, that's what I have come to expect with Troy. I blow off a lot of what he says during Cowboys telecasts because he goes a little overboard in trying to show he's not a Cowboys homer. However, what he says anywhere else is usually what he truly feels, from what I've seen. Outside of televised games, I place a lot of credence in what he says, good or bad.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The last two points will go right over many peoples heads.
Not mines. It is inevitable. Especially with bigger guys. Small, wiry, svelte guys (Randy Moss, Desean Jackson, AJ Green)....those guys maintain elite speed over the course of their careers. These guys were "burners" to begin with. Does not mean Dez cannot be effective. Look at Demarco Murray...and his 99 yard TD run against the Rams. Lower body injuries and wear and tear robbed him of being able to take it the distance anymore...does not mean he is not effective.

Dez needs to remain professional, be a leader...and make plays when the opportunities present themselves. His time will come. That throw Romo made in 2014 against Green Bay...went to the only person on this team that could make that play...and he is still the only person on this team that can make that play. And for the record...he DID make that play. We will need him in a similar situation in a very important game before this season is over. And he needs to be ready.

weaver21

Reaction score
I understand people being wary about our defense and the lack of generating pressure, but they've done their job well so far this season. I agree with Troy that we can win a Super Bowl with this defense. Our ground and pound style of offense helps out are defense a lot in terms of chewing up clock and keeping them off the field. Our secondary has been really good this year and we've been solid stopping the run as well. I would venture to say the defense is the main reason we won that Philadelphia game. Our offense had two chances to win that game at the end of regulation, but couldn't do it. The defense managed to hold Philly quite a couple times in the second half and that was huge.

There's no question we need more pass rushing defensive ends and I'm confident we can address that in the offseason. But for this season, I'm with Troy and that we can win a Super Bowl with this defense.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he sees a defense in the #Cowboys that's one you can win with in the postseason.

the @dallascowboys are the best team he's seen on both sides of the ball this year.

the #Cowboys are 100 percent capable of winning the Super Bowl with this defense.
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/kip_yes.gif

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Our run defense is going to be tested by Bell. Steeler coaches are going to plaster their locker room with all the media columns "DC best Oline and RB in the NFL" that have been written over the last several weeks and Pitt will want to display theirs. Pitt will not go down easy at home on either side of the ball.

I am hoping for their best shot. I cannot wait for our offense to eat up their D. The LBs are the best position group on Steelers D and our big boys up front will feast on LBs (only 3 DL).

Romotil45

Reaction score
Mark Lane ‏@therealmarklane 60m60 minutes ago
On @dfwticket Troy Aikman says Jason Garrett does a good job of keeping the #Cowboys level, focused on each day, and not caught up in 7-1.
he expects the #Cowboys will play well against the #Steelers Sunday.
Troy Aikman says @SportsSturm says the #Cowboys are 15-5 on the road since 2015.
the question is if Dak struggles or they lose Sunday, how long is his leash?
he expects the #Steelers to play much better Sunday.
Le'Veon Bell is like Ezekiel Elliott: a very complete back.
the #Steelers offense will be a good test for this #Cowboys defense.
if you don't give up big plays, you're not going to give up points. And the #Cowboys defense is good at that.
the great teams he was a part of, the heartbeat of those teams was the offensive line.
the 2016 #Cowboys are a good group of guys who love playing with each other.
the lower body injuries have impacted Dez Bryant's explosiveness to some degree.
he doesn't believe the #Cowboys win that #Eagles game two weeks ago without Dez Bryant.

I'm not convinced this defence has the pass-rush to beat Brady. Even if we were to win the TOP battle Brady puts up 34 points on us. Can Dak score 35 on a Belicheck defense ? No, not IMO but a healthy Romo might that's why it will be Romo come playoff time.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I think he meant since the beginning of 2014 on that road record. Either way, good stuff.
He said since 2014 on air. The tweet just got it wrong. And his point was if you take out 2015, the record looks even more lopsided.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Troy has always been a fan of the Cowboys but when broadcasting our game he has to be more unbiased and often critical.

Do you think the other 31 teams would respect his opinions if he was a Homer on the air?

As usual we have a sum of fans who can't handle the criticism . They love him when they agree with Troy and hate him when they don't . I want him to tell it like he sees it not like we want to see it. It's these fans which are fickle not Troy.