Troy Aikman on What separates great quarterbacks from the rest?

kskboys

Reaction score
Great QB's constantly put pressure on the other team.
Great QB's move the ball consistently.
Great QB's find a way to make plays when the chips are down.
Great QB's elevate the team.
Great QB's do whatever it takes to win.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Would give Troy the Cowboy GM position in a heartbeat!! Not just because of that one clip, but he's smart, competitive, passionate and seems to be successful with most every venture he takes on.
He lived the life with Jimmy actually got front row seats of what it takes to build a winning culture.

Kwyn

Reaction score
:facepalm: that's what you dak lovers call Troy. you guys will go to no length to prop up your dakie.
I was confused at first but remembered that the Zone negative echo chamber automatically assumes that that people who support Dak are against Troy.

I’m on the record as saying I’m ready for a QB change and would support the Cowboys trying to trade Dak or just bite the bullet and pay the last year at 59m and start a rebuild but I’m still often called a Dak Lover because unless you *hate* him, you must automatically be a bootlicking Jerry supporter who despises the Cowboy legends of our younger days.

I’m a Cowboy lover. I loved Troy, Roger, Danny, Tony and even Quincy.

The fandom isn’t as zero sum as lots of people think where in order to support one thing you must automatically disrespect another.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hello. This is not a Dak thread. Please go away to one of the numerous Dak threads if you really just have to spew about Dak yet again. Thank you.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
His player evaluation wasn’t very good. He thought Stepfret Williams was going to be a real good receiver. Troy raved about him as a rookie. Williams lasted two seasons with the Cowboys and only three seasons in the NFL.
There's a bit of a difference in working a guy out when you're still a player vs. a GM evaluating a player from highschool up to the draft. Not really the same thing.

Zman5

Reaction score
you got me, I'm always going to every thread defending him.

Now let the thread get back on track.

Troy Aikman On What separates great QB's from dak.
Troy says it's good to be a bus driver at times. I suggest you go learn about football and start posting about football.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There's a bit of a difference in working a guy out when you're still a player vs. a GM evaluating a player from highschool up to the draft. Not really the same thing.
You would think a NFL QB working out a receiver would have a better idea of their ability than a GM that’s never played QB at any level. There’s a reason the Cowboys wanted Aikman to work out David LaFleur prior to the draft. According to Aikman, he thought LaFleur had more upside than Tony Gonzalez. :rolleyes:

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
His player evaluation wasn’t very good. He thought Stepfret Williams was going to be a real good receiver. Troy raved about him as a rookie. Williams lasted two seasons with the Cowboys and only three seasons in the NFL.
Troy's had his hits and misses.

Bryan Broaddus has told the story about how the pro personnel department wanted to sign Joe Horn in free agency to replace Michael Irvin and Troy convinced Jerry that Horn wouldn't be able to replace Irvin's production, which led to the Joey Galloway trade. Clear miss there.

Troy also said Patrick Jeffers was going to be something, and Jeffers grew into a 1,000 yard starter with the Panthers, so he nailed that one.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Troy passed in the first half to build up a lead, used Emmitt in the 2nd half to keep it.

Dak can't seem to get to to 100 yards in the first half when the lights are bright.

It shows in the results.