Troy Aikman Said Dak is better than Romo on Live TV

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Aikman is the worst of the big 3 analysts by far but since he's Troy Aikman and speaks with an authoritative tone, people think he's good. Aikman is wrong multiple times every game I watch him call. Collinsworth completely ***** on Aikman as an analyst but he and Romo are kinda goofy so people dont respect them as much.

Aikman is still the best but Romo is right behind him

aren’t we cowboy fans? Lol *** hating our own guys

kumizi

Reaction score
Aikman is still the best but Romo is right behind him

aren’t we cowboy fans? Lol *** hating our own guys
I'm talking about as analyst/commentator. I have no hate for Aikman but I think even Greg Olson is already a better analyst than him.

Aikman just sits up there looking like football royalty.

star-ving

Reaction score
Im not sure Romo was the better passer. Dak drops dimes every week
Romo had a quicker release and a good zip on short to intermediate throws. Had the back shoulder throw down. He was better at extending the play. Never had a great deep ball imo...under threw many long balls where thevWR had to slow down and adjust instead of an easy TD.

Dak's accuracy is quite improved since his injury for whatever reason, and has more checkboxes than Romo, and will only get better.

rags747

Reaction score
Troy never said anything close to that. If you have it post it up otherwise it is Fake News.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Romo had a quicker release and a good zip on short to intermediate throws. Had the back shoulder throw down. He was better at extending the play. Never had a great deep ball imo...under threw many long balls where thevWR had to slow down and adjust instead of an easy TD.

Dak's accuracy is quite improved since his injury for whatever reason, and has more checkboxes than Romo, and will only get better.

You forgot gut wrenching, game losing INTs.

tico

Reaction score
I loved Romo, but Dak is the leader that Romo never did become.

Romo had “his guys”. Everyone respects and connects with Dak.

Dak is a leader of men, and he’s playing as efficiently as Romo ever did.
Yup D4K has that Brady type mad winner in him. Romo was very good but I hated when we would lose big games and he would be on the bench with Witten with all smiles....

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Romos broken bones forced us to draft tyron, zack, and Frederick. It’s a shame he was broken up by the time we got all three.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
This quote is true. I was referring to the quote that supposedly Aikman said that Dak was better than Romo, that I did not hear during today’s broadcast.

Yeah, I didn't hear it either. I stepped out of the room between a few plays so I'm not doubting it, I just never heard those words in that way.

I heard the long exchange about how good a leader Dak was and how he inspired the team to play better. As I said before, that is a contrast to Romo. And that's not an insult or knock on Romo. The guy wasn't a leader but he was a great QB. I remember Emmitt Smith having that take a few times. Sometimes your game just doesn't include that intangible.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
The last 4-5 years of his career Romo was able to take control of the offense and call plays at the line. Dak is doing that now, in year 5, and will only get better. So yea, in my opinion Dak is better than Romo

OldJarhead

Reaction score
To compare Dak's accuracy against Romo's is silly at best and downright absurd if continued at length. Just watch today's game and look at some of the completions (not the one to the other team of course). So the first quarter was pretty mundane except for the int and the fumble issue, oh and the horrible pass to Schultz that resulted in the FG instead of a TD. He made a really nice deep pass to CD early in the 2nd that I have to admit surprised me, I mean really shocked me. The TD to Cooper I thought was a tad underthrown only because, as I stated when it happened live, there was no help over the top and if tossed a little deeper, Coop doesn't have to slide to catch it. He had both of those defenders beat and beaten badly so ...... He made some very good passes too. Dropped a couple of dimes in fact. Overall though, he is not as accurate as TR was.
Yeah yeah yeah, but his "QBR is blah blah blah", whatever. Watch the games people, don't play fantasy football and then think you know something. Watch the players reach back to catch the ball, or alter their route or nearly stop. See how often a receiver could have broken a long run after catch but didn't because they had to wait on a ball or slightly change their gait. Oh, and no, it's not "ABD" so get over that stuff. I like the guy. I think Troy may be correct as far as Leadership goes. I've even said it myself. Dak is a leader. I've known a few, I've followed a few into some nasty places. I do believe I would follow him. I just don't think if the game was on the line late in the 4th qtr and I was in a tight window he could hit me with a pass in the end zone to win the game. I really wish he could though. I would LOVE it if he could.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No, but I mean, he is.
Most definitely is not, but he IS very good.

Tony in his prime with this roster and Offensive Coordinator would be preposterous.
We got a small glimpse in 2014 when he became the first QB in NFL history to lead the league in QB rating in both the regular and post-season.
That WR group was a fraction of what we have now and the OC was worse too.. The current RB combo is better as well.

Old news and irrelevant now. Romo is looooong gone.

Just want to see Dak lead the Cowboys to the promised land!
:flagwave:

Blake

Reaction score
To compare Dak's accuracy against Romo's is silly at best and downright absurd if continued at length. Just watch today's game and look at some of the completions (not the one to the other team of course). So the first quarter was pretty mundane except for the int and the fumble issue, oh and the horrible pass to Schultz that resulted in the FG instead of a TD. He made a really nice deep pass to CD early in the 2nd that I have to admit surprised me, I mean really shocked me. The TD to Cooper I thought was a tad underthrown only because, as I stated when it happened live, there was no help over the top and if tossed a little deeper, Coop doesn't have to slide to catch it. He had both of those defenders beat and beaten badly so ...... He made some very good passes too. Dropped a couple of dimes in fact. Overall though, he is not as accurate as TR was.
Yeah yeah yeah, but his "QBR is blah blah blah", whatever. Watch the games people, don't play fantasy football and then think you know something. Watch the players reach back to catch the ball, or alter their route or nearly stop. See how often a receiver could have broken a long run after catch but didn't because they had to wait on a ball or slightly change their gait. Oh, and no, it's not "ABD" so get over that stuff. I like the guy. I think Troy may be correct as far as Leadership goes. I've even said it myself. Dak is a leader. I've known a few, I've followed a few into some nasty places. I do believe I would follow him. I just don't think if the game was on the line late in the 4th qtr and I was in a tight window he could hit me with a pass in the end zone to win the game. I really wish he could though. I would LOVE it if he could.

He hit Lamb in stride and zipped one through a tight window to Coop. Seriously, shut up.

Blake

Reaction score
Most definitely is not, but he IS very good.

Tony in his prime with this roster and Offensive Coordinator would be preposterous.
We got a small glimpse in 2014 when he became the first QB in NFL history to lead the league in QB rating in both the regular and post-season.
That WR group was a fraction of what we have now and the OC was worse too.. The current RB combo is better as well.

Old news and irrelevant now. Romo is looooong gone.

Just want to see Dak lead the Cowboys to the promised land!
:flagwave:

Tony’s prime lasted one season ‘2014’, and it took him over a decade to get there. Dak is just now entering his. Romo is not the leader Dak is, and when all is said and done #4’s accomplishments will dwarf Romos.